How often should I breastfeed a 3-month-old?

Breastfeeding question
Baby is 3 months and 1 week

She has gone from spending 15-20 minutes on each side to 5-10 minutes on one side and then wanting to be done.
She has normal number of poops and pees every day and gains weight fine
Just wondering if I should feed more often (I feed at least every 2.5-3 hours and any time she gives hungry cues in between)
She also lets some dribble out while feeding and spits up after too.

3 Likes

Babys become more efficient at the breast as they get older. As long as there’s proper diaper output no need to worry.

1 Like

My kids did the same thing when they got a little older and more interest in what’s going on around them. My daughter is/was terrified she was going to miss something…little to no naps and doesn’t want to feed with distractions around.
Try maybe setting up a routine with no TV or outside distractions and see if it helps.
She will eat when shes hungry.

1 Like

Shes getting more efficient! In a couple weeks shell start feeding longer and more often as she hits the 4mo growth spurt. And after a week or so shell start to space out and feed shorter times.

1 Like

If shes gaining weight well and not unhappy, just feed her when shes hungry.

1 Like

Sounds like ur doing everything right and as long as she has dirty diapers she is good. Babies become pros and don’t need to nurse as long as they get older. Ur good !

1 Like

Babies become more efficient as they grow. She’s probably just getting what she needs faster now

1 Like

As they get older, they get more efficient. It’s normal to spend less time nursing. Also, give it 3 weeks. Month 4 is a major growth spurt. She will start nursing a ton.

1 Like

Mine did this around that age we just started nursing one boob at a time and rotated each feeding.

1 Like

You could be producing more than you were before as well. She’ll let you know if she’s hungry Mama, I promise :kissing_heart:

1 Like