How often would you let your child stay with their girlfriend/boyfriend?

How often do you or would you let your teenager stay at their partners/girlfriend/boyfriend house on school nights?

28 Likes

On a school night probably 9pmā€¦however when I was a teen my bf ended up moving in with us due to things not being so great at homeā€¦ If it were a situation like thatā€¦ Iā€™d do the same thingā€¦if things happen so be itā€¦ But Iā€™d hope they play it safe.

4 Likes

Never overnight and school nights be home for dinner time.

1 Like

Like hangout or sleep over?

Ummm thatā€™s a HARD never for me!

46 Likes

They are going to do what they want with it without a sleepover. I was always allowed sleepovers with my boyfriends and it was never an issue. I was on birth control at 14 though. Maybe get them on birth control :+1:

3 Likes

I was on sleepovers starting at 12, on the weekends. What is the big deal?

Not sure what Iā€™d do as my babies are little and both boys, Iā€™d have different rules if I had girls. However as a teenager I stayed at my boyfriends when I was 16, I was on birth control too

Make sure is on birth control and I would say whenever you want

They donā€™t need a sleep over to do anything naughty thatā€™s just common sense. Hopefully you raised your children right and they will be honest with you, respect your rules and make good choices.

15 Likes

Never over nights. Not any night. I think i was allowed until 8pm. My teens are usually at sports/ band and even school nighta may not get home til 9/10pm. It really irritates me how the after school activities take up more time during the week than friends.

3 Likes

Spend the night? They can do it whenever they want when they are 18 and have their own place.

3 Likes

Never? I certainly wasnā€™t allowed sleep overs and even when my one ex was tossed out and my parents took him in we never got to share a room. We were monitored.

I was never allowed to stay at his place, nor was he allowed to stay at mine, unless it was a holiday, Christmas new years, or a special event, and we slept on different floors.

1 Like

Depends on age as you didnā€™t state age are they over 16? I would rather the boyfriend stay at mine for protection if something happens if she gets hurts or upset am here they will do what ever they want regardless

2 Likes

Never bc I kno what I was doing at 16/17 lol

2 Likes

Like sleep over??? Never.

13 Likes

I was allowed to on weekends, not school nights. I will probably allow the same.

This honestly depends on the situation and the age of the teen. Not to mention are the parents home? Are my teens responsible enough for this situation? Are their ā€œpartnerā€ responsible enough? Why do they feel the need on a school night? Is their a project or test they need to prepare?

5 Likes

It will depend on how responsible my children are at that age. My mom trusted me and I never gave her a reason not to. I didnā€™t stay on school nights though. I was staying with my bf from 15 and up. At my house my mom trusted us to be in the same room and bed. At his house his mom made us sleep separate. I never broke my moms trust. I have been with him 19 years in 24 and married for 14 of them :sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

Never! What in the world???

2 Likes

Like, the night? Would be be never in general.

Not any night unless they were married.

1 Like

She never mentioned sleep overs :face_with_spiral_eyes: but I wouldnā€™t put a time limit on visits.

3 Likes

Speaking from experience. Neverā€¦thatā€™s how they get babies in their high school graduation picturesā€¦haha! :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s not for any of us to decide. Do you trust them? Have they earned the right to hangout for extended periods of time? Are they setting safe boundaries with one another and being open to you?

3 Likes

Under 18? Never. Over 18 theyā€™re adults. Not much I can say at that point and I wonā€™t treat my 18 year olds like they are still children because all thatā€™s gonna do is make them resent to me and want to move out faster and I am in no rush for my kids to move out just because theyā€™re adults especially if they are still in school

4 Likes

Iā€™m gonna say it depends on your childā€™s personality and behavior. I stayed with my ex boyfriend constantly and my now husband stayed in my home a lot and also when he became without a place to stay briefly.

1 Like

Sleepovers never unless 17+

17 n they were engaged n she was on birth control

1 Like

What in theā€¦?! Never!!!

1 Like

my mom let me go at 13 my bfs mom had to be there n strict rules we had to stay downstairs n bedtime is when i had to be home by

Thatā€™s a whole negativeā€¦ go visit and Iā€™ll see you home at 10:30-11ā€¦ you arenā€™t staying the nightā€¦

8 Likes

Never for sleep overs. Yes, if they want to they will find a way, but it isnā€™t my job to make it easier

3 Likes

Iā€™d say, never! If my teenager is in high school and or under the age of 18 they wonā€™t be having sleepovers with their boyfriend/girlfriend. Now once they are off to college, live on their own or work full time and are over 18 then they can come and go as they please.

35 Likes

That will be asking for trouble. Allowing sleep overs at 16/18 still in school. Suffer the consequences thereafter.

Never - not at any time ! My daughter is engaged and is almost 27 . She is here for Christmas and she and her fiancƩ will sleep in separate rooms! Not until
They are married will they sleep in my house together.

14 Likes

Never!!! When they move out they can all they want. But until 18 no. I guess Iā€™m old school

4 Likes

Never a sleep over. However my daughterā€™s boyfriend was out my house 365 days of the year. Now after 7 years together they are getting married. My son was out his girlfriendā€™s house every day.

Hmm. Teen pregnancy is real :grimacing:

3 Likes

Never. When theyā€™re 18 and out of the house.

I wouldnā€™t be allowing any sleepovers

14 Likes

Depends on maturity, & the other parents perspective.
I think Iā€™d be okay at 16, as long as theyā€™re not in the same bed at night. One on the couch one in the room.

1 Like

My mom let me spend as much time as I wanted. If she didnā€™t I ran away and didnā€™t come home for months; ended up a 14 year old pregnant teenager thou :woman_shrugging:t4:

:astonished::neutral_face: Oh we never played them games.

I know firsthand, thatā€™s how you end up with grandbabies :blush:

15 Likes

I am of the belief that I would rather my children be in my home than out in the streets. My daughterā€™s bf was allowed to sleep over at 16 (they lived 45 minutes apart) they stayed together 5 years and waited until they were adults to be intimate. I wasnā€™t naive though if thereā€™s a will thereā€™s a way and theyā€™ll be in cars or other places doing their thing

Never. No sleep over for teenage love.

Not at allā€¦ school nights are for homework.

2 Likes

Never sleep overā€¦and maybe towards end of the year or around the holidays ( when not much is happening in school) maybe 2 hours. ONLY AFTER Iā€™ve met the parents, been to the house myself and done background checks on everyone inside.

5 Likes

You mean all night? That would be never. Period.

At 15 I was allowed to spend weekends with my boyfriend (Friday night to Sunday afternoon). My mom wouldnā€™t allow us to be seen getting to school together either by bus or in the car rider line to help save me from rumors. I was also on birth control and knew about safe sex and did not give her a grand baby until I was officially living with himšŸ˜‚ most of my friends at that age were also spending nights and/or weekends with their partners and the only ones who ended up pregnant in high school were the ones whose parents absolutely wouldnā€™t allow that, which I always found to be a little funny (definitely not in a comical way, just odd how that worked out). That was 10 years ago though, I donā€™t know if parents are still openly allowing their children to do that, but prepare them for any potential rumors that may arise if you decide to allow them to do this because kids can be very cruel.

These responders were never teenagers themselves? Your parents too thought they had a handle on things then as wellā€¦just enjoying the responses.

5 Likes

Overnight? On a school night? Never.

If they arenā€™t 18 or over they donā€™t belong staying over night!

12 Likes

This post never once mentioned sleep overs you guysā€¦ā€¦ Jesus

They are going to find a way to do what they want when they want to. Regardless of staying all night together. Donā€™t shame this mother. If I was her daughter or son I would actually come to a parent like this with more honesty than I would a stricter one when I was a teen.

Are we talking sleepover?? Or just go over there?

1 Like

They can go to each others houses till 6Pm but, never stay the night.

Never. Dating is an adult activity and not something a child should be doing. They have their whole adult life to waste time doing that.

1 Like

If they want to have sex they will. My boyfriends werenā€™t allowed to stay over but could come over and hang out until midnight. Guess what. We still had sex in the same house as my mom even tho he didnā€™t stay over. My son is 17 and his girlfriend lives with us.

Youā€™re trying to become a grandparent, arenā€™t youā€¦

How about never?!? This canā€™t be a real question.

Never . Asking for trouble.

Umm never. Unless I was literally homeless.

I would never let my daughter but my son did and he was 16.

8 Likes

Never. I was 15 when I spent the night at my boyfriendā€™s house, that resulted in sexual assault. So, no. When theyā€™re 18 and can make their own decisions. ļæ¼

Excuse me, what??? Are you asking for a teen pregnancy? :see_no_evil:

is this a serious question??? tf hell na never :-1: she aint even going over to visit ever

I guess Iā€™m focused on the word Childā€¦ Hell No. If your under 18 you will stay at home. Period. Even tho my youngest is 18 she knows she will go by my rules until graduation.

1 Like

Depends on the age. 13ā€¦NEVER!! 18ā€¦ maybe but better be on birth control. Thank goodness I have a son with autism.

Nope. Never. Not till she is 18.

Wouldnā€™t bother me as long as they was getting up and going to school and not being late.

I think it just has to depend on the situation and the kids.

Maybe she should graduate highschool before hooking upā€¦ I dropped out and got pregnant grade 9 :sweat_smile: of course my mum told me to abort itā€¦ absolutely traumatising

NEVERā€¦school night or not
You need to be a PARENT, not a pushover
Underage sex should not be condoned or facilitated by a parent, itā€™s literally a crime on your part

Is your teen 13? 17? Teen is not specific. And the answer is probably, never.