How should I handle this situation with my best friend?

I have a friend who is also friends with my husband they’re like brothers I’ll occasionally have a sex or romantic dream bour our friend am I attracted to or like our friend that way no I don’t think about him like that dreams are dreams nothing more

If she told you, she obviously thinks it’s no big deal! Don’t worry about it!

She told you to see what your reaction would be. Your bff wants to bang your husband

2 Likes

I get that it’s just a dream but if you have a sexual dream about my man, just keep it to yourself.

1 Like

Maybe its her subconscious! As long as you don’t see any reason ( she hits on him, lingering stare, extra private time with your husband, ECT) to react, then Don’t! She is being honest so respect that…

I wouldnt be her friend anymore dreams come from real thoughts and feelings :ok_hand::+1:

2 Likes

Oh man, if dreams are any indication of real life I have a REALLY weird life lol

4 Likes

If she can tell you she had a dream about your husband, hold that girl tight. She came to you because you’ve both shared MANY years together. It may have been weird but it was more of like something you laugh off or make a silly joke out of it. If my best friend of 12yrs said that, I would’ve been “hes good in bed huh?” And laugh it off.

5 Likes

She trusted you enough to tell you she had some dream about your husband. You either trust her or you don’t. And if you don’t then she’s never been you best friend.

2 Likes

Dreams are just dreams lol

1 Like

You cant control your dreams. Just because you dream of something, it doesnt mean you want that or even thought about it. It just happens sometimes. I highly doubt she would tell you about It, if she DID have feelings. I wouldn’t hold her dream against her and she was open and honest about It.

Communicate with her and your husband. This is a red flag, however I would ignore it unless another red flag arises. You can’t control dreams but they do reflect people’s inner thoughts in a way, e.g., fears etc. Her dream could mean anything, but I wouldn’t judge her off of it. Only if real physical, real life things occur that would incline you to think she was interested in your husband. But be aware, now that you’re looking for her to seem interested in your husband you may now label or recognize things under that title that you otherwise wouldn’t vice versa.

1 Like

My best friend was sleeping with my ex after i just moved.across the country for a “fresh start” was engaged & pregnant with his baby… best friends aint always all that…

3 Likes

If she has feelings for your husband, or has these thoughts on her own, I can guarantee she wouldn’t have told you about her dream. She told you cause she probably feels just as silly about it. She isn’t hiding anything so I wouldn’t worry to much about it.

3 Likes

If you don’t trust that your husband and your best friend wouldn’t screw around on you, then you need a better husband and a better best friend or a psychiatrist to address your trust issues.

2 Likes

Idk. Seems weird she would even tell you. Even if it was true isn’t she afraid it would make you guys distant because in a perfect world it wouldn’t be a problem. Had I had a dream and I knew it would never happen in a million years then I would just leave it be and laugh it off on my own. If you have doubts it’s ok because you just never know. She may be wanting to test out how you would feel or react. I flipped the story around for my husband and see what he thought of HIS bff having dreams like that and he right away said he would not trust him anymore.

1 Like

U can’t help what u dream. I had a bf say another girls name while he was sleeping and I wanted to punch him. But I waiting and asked him in the morning. Nothing came of it. I’ve had dreams I’ve had sex with other giys while in a relationship but in real life I didn’t do it so. . But I also agree with Sarah Mathes keep it to yourself. Somethings r better left unsaid

She should have kept that to herself, I would have…she may be telling on her self a bit…watch her to see anything going on.

1 Like

it was a dream WOW some comments on here jesus…if she was trying to be shady about it she would have kept it to herself and not said anything, the fact that she told you should make you feel better about your relationship as best friends, but the fact that you are questioning her “motives” shows that maybe you dont trust her as much as she does you. and now you are going to start seeing every little thing she does around your husband as a “red flag” and get all paranoid…it was a dream and it didnt mean anything…but if you keep dwelling on it…you are going to lose your “best friend” because of your own paranoid thoughts.

Get over it. You cant help your dreams. Just cause you have those thoughts and dreams doesnt mean you would do anything. She was being honest with her and you are going to penalize her for that?

Let her know as long as it’s a dream. Your a selfish bitch and you wont share your man !

That’s a really messed up thing to say… idk I’m insanely jealous and protective of my marriage so it would def ruin that friendship for a minute until the truth was investigated.