How should I have responded to this?

I would have explained it to her

I dont understand being offended… shrug off the difference and keep moving

2 Likes

My son is almost 18 months and we’re only just now thinking about how to get him off the binkie, lol. Our older child never liked them so it’s our first time thinking of it. Don’t feel bad, 8 months? That’s the perfect age to use one. I’ve read that dentists mostly recommend getting rid of them by 2.5-3 years of age.

2 Likes

None of your business! He’s my son NOT yours! Have a good one :woman_shrugging:t2:

I have never heard it called a dummy had read comments to understand :joy::joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

Go to fn hell is how I would respond

1 Like

ive seen 2 yr olds with them none of my business

2 Likes

like you said every child is different, you do what makes your child happy and tell her to mind her business

3 Likes

You should of put it in her mouth and said. It’s a negativity plug for judgmental people.

12 Likes

I love firing back at people like that. “because he’s self soothing, why doesn’t yours??” And then I usually get something ridiculous like ‘well he’s 8yearsold that’s why’ to which a simple “because he’s 8months old, that’s why” suffices

2 Likes

Shes a child. Shes just asking questions.

I would have said “this is just how I parent, my child my choice :)”

1 Like

What is a dummy? Curious

So just answer her dang question. Don’t take offense unless there is need to. Honestly calm down :sweat_smile::roll_eyes:

5 Likes

When my son was way young, he barely had his dummy. However, I would look at her blankly and ask " since when did I ask you for parenting tips?".

1 Like

Simple: it’s none of your business. I’m the mother. I make the decisions with my child. End of story

3 Likes

Everyone has their own opinion as to how long they think a child should have a binky, and they love imposing their opinions when it’s not needed or asked. Family members would make remarks to my infant with statements like “__ why is that thing in your mouth… you don’t need that”. Drives me insane. I would of responded with some kind of attitude i’m sure.

1 Like

“Bcuz I gave it to him”
Easy frickin peasy

4 Likes

The baby isn’t even a year old. I could see over 3 it being a problem. I still wouldn’t say anything. It’s not my business

7 Likes

That’s the perfect answer but why do you think she’s questioning your parenting. She may not have used one. Don’t be so sensitive.

9 Likes

Because he loves a dummy, and I don’t think you’ll fit in his mouth.
What a judgemental female dog

2 Likes

At 8 months old??? He’s still a baby, that’s why !!!

7 Likes

That’s it not appropriate to tell me how to parent I don’t do the same to you

1 Like

Because its my choice and none of you business

2 Likes

Hahaha she would have been FLOORED seeing my 3 yo with hers

3 Likes

l get paid over $190 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $17661 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://AmazingWorking834.pages.dev/

None of her business.

l get paid over $190 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $17661 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://AmazingWorking886.pages.dev/

I just keep scrolling

Some kids are curious and don’t understand. I wouldn’t have even thought twice about “why is this child judging my parenting” . Just give a responses. If a child waves to you while walking down the road do you wave back? Yes simply because they are lil pure humans that are lead by example…

3 Likes

The CHILD asked you? Children don’t always understand and they definitely aren’t always judgemental… I definitely don’t think she was saying anything towards your parenting, but rather genuinely serious, or confused. It’s our jobs as adults in this world to help explain things to children. You should have reacted camly and politely, and simply explaind “it just makes him feel better sometimes.” And given a sweet smile. :blush:

2 Likes

Oh I’m sorry, I misunderstood. The niece is 25 years old with 4 kids…I understand now. Either way, unless she was rude, the question doesn’t sound demeaning so maybe she was just genuinely curious why YOU choose to still give a binky. I have 4 kids as well and every one is different. So although 3 out of 4 of my kids used binkies at 8 months, my first born did not. So I would probably ask you too. “Hey why is he still use that? Is it just for comfort when he’s upset, do he use it to go to sleep?” But it wouldn’t necessarily be in a demeaning way, it would be genuine curiosity. Don’t always assume the worst of people and think they’re attacking you.

Sounds as though she was just asking a question because she didn’t know your terminology!

I had to reread to make sure we are talking about the 25 year old mother of 4. I would have just stated because he’s a baby and changed the subject

2 Likes

Little kids are genuinely curious. I don’t think she was judging your parenting. I would have told her that he’s still a baby & it makes him feel better

How old is the niece… if a child I would explain to her that it soothsayer him… if a adult I would not even acknowledge her