How should I reply to my boyfriends comment?

Start only doing stuff that is yours. You clean up ONLY your mess, your clothes, etc. if he starts complaining say you did your part of your mess the rest is his.

7 Likes

Show him this thread and let him read all the comments.

8 Likes

If he says that now, how are you going to be when you have been up all night with a baby and dont have the energy to do anything because you havent had a decent nights rest in weeks? Best ask him now if he plans on helping during the nights with the baby or step up and help around the house or if hes gonna stfu and be happy regardless of what gets done or doesnt.

6 Likes

If he is like this now. Imagine when the baby comes

10 Likes

Dealing with pregnancy and covid at the the same time, you shouldn’t have to explain anything but since he obviously doesn’t get just tell him it’s been horrible for you and he will have to be prepared to help more from now on.

5 Likes

Tell the lazy effing c#nt to get of his entitled backside and get it done

15 Likes

Throat punch him :woman_shrugging:

18 Likes

Show him this post. Be sure he is able to process the info, and that you wrote it! He is a total blockhead, and needs to grow up.

1 Like

Tell him to pull his head in. You both live there and will both clean and tend to what needs to be done. Relationships are teamwork and so is keeping the house in order… If he isn’t gonna step up now while your pregnant and sick. You may as well leave and do it on your own before the baby comes. Because clearly he isn’t mature enough to be a father and help out

4 Likes

Stop doing anything. I wouldn’t do a damn thing for his ass.

Remind him that he lives there 2 and you don’t have slave tattooed on your forehead

2 Likes

By telling him to man the f up and pick up the slack and stop being ungrateful because you’re busy GROWING ANOTHER HUMAN LIFE. Boy is he in for a surprise when the ACTUAL baby arrives and all your time is devoted to caring for it.

5 Likes

well yes imo I say reply back…
your working two jobs…
it’s good hes working… but seriously how can he say that to you while you have covid. people have died from it. i’m glad your up and walking around.

He needs to be more understanding and step up to take care of you. if you xant have a nice talk with him about that then maybe you’ll be better off. js… most of the guys like that wont change

1 Like

Hubby was like that til I freaked out and had a panic attack about all the stuff he expected me to do while being 19 weeks pregnant, taking care of our toddler and working 6 days a week and how I just couldn’t keep up with it. Now he helps. He said he didn’t realize how much he was putting on me. He also said he forgot that part of my love language is acts of service and didn’t realize how much it hurt that instead of helping me he was just adding more to the list of things I needed to do. So my advice is to have a talk with him about how you’re feeling and just be open and honest. If he’s a good one he’ll straighten up his act.

2 Likes

What a dickhead. Can’t imagine what hes guna say once babys born and nothing gets done

3 Likes

My answer would be all his shit thrown onto the lawn and the locks changed. Sorry not sorry

Oh no. No no no no. He aint a real man if he expects you to do everything AND work AND be pregnant. Fuck that. He needs to grow a pair, be a real man, and get shit done!

If he is not happy with what you do, do nothing anymore. Just take care about yourself. He can hire maid. You are not his cleaner and personal assistant or cook. He has no more right to expect shit done for him, than anyone else. He is adult man. He is not living with his mother anymore. Stop being a slave in your own home.

He sounds extremely selfish and needs to be sat down to talk. Not only should he be helping you given how this pregnancy has started out rough, and the fact that you work 7 days a week, but what happens when the baby gets here? Are you supposed to work all this time, take care of the baby, AND be responsible for everything around the house? He needs to grow up and be a better partner!

3 Likes

Oh no. If this is how he is now it will only get worse. Tell him exactly what help you need. If he loves and respects you he will step up. Otherwise run

6 Likes

This is between you 2. You know him and you know no interact with him. Speak up!!

Oh boy…you’re gonna have fun with that one…

Ask him is his arms and legs are broken, then tell him to grow a pair, real men don’t need a maid🤷

3 Likes

Leave that lil boy alone, let that be your answer! He’s sounds like a lazy sob and I’m betting money we’re gonna see a post sometime in about 25 weeks that he won’t get up to help with the baby if you don’t leave.

1 Like

Tell him straight. Like “I’m pregnant, carrying YOUR kid, I have TWO jobs, and can barley walk. If you want a clean house, either you clean it or pay a maid to.”

11 Likes

Wtf??!! Mfer you work more hours, been sick and pregnant!
Be real clear and set some real Boundaries and deal breakers!
In the very beginning I told my husband what I expected.
A partner, a team mate, I’m not a maid for full grown adult ,
I don’t even pick up after my own children once they are old enough themselves.
I damn sure won’t you do it after a full grown man!!
I ain’t ya Mama, your not my child.
Grow up and become the partner I need or I will do it alone. Be Very clear but do not say anything you are not willing to follow through with.

Your growing a person AND working tell his ass to clean!!!

Tell him to get up off his ass and help you!

My ex husband was like that and it didn’t change even after I had our kids. I would definitely bring it up to him, sometimes it does take a “freak out” moment for men to see we mean something. Unfortunately it didn’t take until I left my ex husband to see all the help and involvement I needed from him.

This phrase has help thwart many a marital spat between me and my husband
“You’re more than welcome to________”

Then you fill in the blank with
Fold laundry
Do dishes
Sweep
Mop
Scrub toilets
Vacuum
And anything else.

But also, being blunt and saying, “idk what to expect- I’ve never been pregnant before. But I can tell you that I need a little more effort from you because I am tired. Etc”

2 Likes

I probably wouldn’t be nice. But I’d be saying something like… well seeing as you’re home and not sick or pregnant working 7 days a week, get up and help.

You need to know your worth and leave that environment real quick. You work two jobs, been through all this and he still expects more? Nope, get out.

3 Likes

My answer to all of that when your b/f is insensitive to your struggle. Respond to his comments, not react. Say, “If all of this bothers you do something about it” or we can talk and decide to split up the work between us.

I personally would keep on with the silent treatment. Lmao. Then when he mentions it say you need to save your energy of speaking to him to clean up after both of you when you work more than he does :eyes:

I’d have told him to start making a tiny human himself and then come at me.

1 Like

I would have started violently cleaning and slamming stuff around. :grin:
Made a real show out of it.

Tell him to F off. Clean it himself or hire a maid

1 Like

Only clean up after yourself

Here’s the broom honey ! Have at it!!