How soon after losing your mucus plug did you go into labor?

How soon after losing your mucus plug did you go into labor? I have lost soooo much today but still feel like labor isnt near…i am 40 weeks…

12 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How soon after losing your mucus plug did you go into labor?

Almost immediately and had her about 12 hours later.

I only lost mine with my first ( I have four ) lost bits and pieces of it from 20 weeks up til delivery at 41 weeks.

1 Like

My water broke 2 weeks before I lost my plug.

I lost it and went into labor directly after every woman is different.

3 days. But it can vary for everyone. Mine happened to be after a car wreck though which could have made a difference

Lost mine 3 weeks before I was induced!!

You can lose it over n over n over

I didn’t. had to get induced

I lost mine at 830 pm and by 12:11 am she was born

I was induced each time by choice

1 Like

After Mucus plug Went to my Dr around 1pm came back home walk around then shower and went to the hospital at 4pm had my son at 8:16pm

As soon as my plug popped, my water broke. Went hospital, but no labor pain. I then had a C/S

I never lost mine either pregnancy and my water didn’t break either. The doc had to use basically a knitting needle to break it.

1 Like

It can always regenerate. It’s not a sign labor is around the corner, but it does usually mean your starting to dilate.

I had to be induced due to my water leaking for 3 days if your not feeling any contractions or pain your fine

I lost it 3 times starting at 28 weeks. Didnt go into labor

Mucus plug gone around 11am had my daughter 7.53pm the same evening had contractions from around 4pm x

Don’t look to the plug for signs. It grows right back.

I lost mine in pieces and still never went into labor. I was told that the mucus plug is not an indicator of labor and it can regrow. I have 6 living 2 angels. I’ve been induced 4 times 2 csections and only 1 I went into my own labor with. But out of all those wee ones I’ve never seen my bloody show. And I usually go over due if baby isn’t forced out. I’ve had 2 placenta abruptions, both are my angels.

1 Like

I lost mine then an hour later contractions started.

My water broke 2 hours after I lost mine with my first child. Was induced with the other 2.

Mine was a cpl days after and if ur that far along and still no contractions I would see about being in duced. Sorry your probably miserable by now. I know I was at 36 wks.

With my first born I lost it the day before(really probably only 10-12 hours before) and I was in labor for 27.5 hours, but I was already in labor with my second child when I lost it.

However, my second child was born less than an hour after I started having contractions and I barely made it to the hospital.

I would call your doctor and see if she/he wants you to get checked. Even if the office is closed today the doctor on call at the hospital (in labor and delivery) can check you.

Also, Best of luck :heart:

This could vary person to person. Fyi.FYI…

I didn’t lose it with my first, but I did with my second and still didn’t even go into full labor until 3 weeks later. I lost my plug and was stuck at 3cm with no more progress for 3 weeks lol.

Never lost it for my first. And lost it about 3-4weeks before with my second.

My son was due on 23rd December and I had a sweep on the 29th, lost my plug that night and my water broke just before we sat down to our new years dinner, waited until we had pudding before I told my husband then had a coffee before phoning the hospital :joy: he was born about 2 hours later and he nearly made his entrance in the back of my father in law’s car on the way there :joy::joy:

Lost it all day on a Sunday, went into labour early Monday like 2 am

When your water breaks get to the hospital.

For me I had my son at 39 weeks and 4 days. I lost my plug that day and by evening/night I was in labor.

Never lost mine but even after my broke I didn’t know I was in labor and just thought I peed myself bc I never had contractions and had to have a c-section

Few days after up to a week xx

My water broke 3 days later but I 8 weeks early

My first was was delivered 4 hrs and 50 minutes later.

My 2nd was also 4hrs and 55 minutes later. My 3r was longest

Since you are past due-ish. I would say maybe within 24 hrs. I lost mucus plug morning of the 15th, and I was 3 cm dilated. But I was 41 weeks 1 day, so they broke my water.

The plug really isn’t a sign, it can grow back. But being 40 weeks I’d say time is coming.

There is no exact answer. Sometimes a week and sometimes within 24 hrs or less

Early labor started that night unbeknownst to me(had horrible back pain which turned out to be back labor) I also got my bloody show at the same time. Active labor started around 1pm the next day(water broke as soon as I got to the hospital)

I was in active labor with my 3rd and did not know it thought I was just uncomfortable

With my 3rd I lost the plug the day b4.

Um…. I lost my mucus plug on one of seven pregnancies in week 25. It can help it doesn’t mean anything
You wanna go into labor pay on your back and ma;&/&:@;/“/te

I lost mine almost 5 weeks ago and still very pregnant :rofl: I’ve been 1 cm for almost 5 wks & this is my 3rd pregnancy. Also I did not know mucas plug and bloody show are two different thing’s​:upside_down_face:

I didn’t :grimacing:lost it multiple times with 2 babies!

My 1st pregnancy he was preemie and I never saw it. My 2nd I lost it the day of 3rd I kept losing pieces of it a couple days before up until I went into labor

1 Like

I was already in active labor every time.

1 Like

I didn’t lose my mucus plug that I know of but I lost almost all of my amniotic fluid and still didn’t go into labor on my own. Everyone’s body is different! I’ve had 4 kids all were different but I never went into labor myself I had to be induced. My kids were born at 39, 37, 41 and 38 weeks

1 Like

31 weeks had her 34. 38 weeks bled 4 days induced at 39. Now 2cm at 31 weeks and still nothing else which is good!

1-that same morning about 30 minutes later
2-that night about 16 hours later

All 4 of mine when it came away I had them that same day/night.

Like 2 months.
Mucus plugs regenerate. Losing one isn’t a sign labor is near.

1 Like

Never lost mine all 3 were C-section

I don’t ever remember losing my micas plug with either one of my kids :woman_shrugging:

3 months I lost mine like 4 damn times had be induced

I never lost mine with any of my kids.

It’ll come when it’s ready, just enjoy the time relaxing. Soon you will be up every few hours

Mrs Rochelle Shannon is a unique trader and has been helping me make profits on trades daily with my investment capital, it has really been profitable with his unique technique if you’re new to trading contact Mrs Rochelle Shannon. she’s the best to guide you through.