How soon did you go into labor after losing your mucus plug

Just wondering here but how soon did you go into labor after losing your mucus plug?? Just to add I had a light membrane seeep done Tuesday 3/19 and had more discharge since having it done, this morning I lost what I believe was my entire mucus plug (it was about quarter size and looked like a snot glob). This is my 3rd baby and with my first two i lost bits of my plug for weeks before having them so never had it come out in one go. I’m 38 weeks as of today so not sure if i should be making sure everything is ready right away or what exactly. Just wondering how soon anyone has gone into labor after losing their plug.

2 Likes

It can reform which is always frustrating. My dr always said if there wasn’t a small amount of blood with it, it wasn’t the entire thing. After my membrane sweep though, I lost my plug within a few hours and after another few hours I was in active labor

I don’t know what a mucus plug or a membrane sweep is and I have had 3 kids . I feel so old ! Lol

A week give or take a few days for all my kids. But every pregnancy is different. I would say prepare everything now and sit back and wait for the new bundle of joy :blush:

36 hours later. Light labor pains began right after though

I lost my mucus plug 4 weeks before my baby was born and I was induced

Usually a few hours later

I lost mine in the morning and within 16 hours he was here

Still had to be induced lol