How tall is your 2-year-old?

How tall is everyones 2yr old? At my daughter’s 2yr check up she was almost 34 inches tall. Thats like almost 3 feet tall. Last night a random mom made a comment about my daughter’s height and how she was so small.

8 Likes

At 2 my son was 2’ 5. I’m 5’1 and husband is 5’5 so that could be why my children are small. I get comments all the time that my kids are too small for their age but it doesn’t bother me much.

My sons 2.5 and 43 inches tall

My son was in the 90th percentile at 36 inches at 2 he’s 3 and maybe 40ish
He’s huge compared to kids his age. It really just depends on your child. Children grow differently

My 3.5 year old is like 3 foot exactly and 26-27 pounds on a good day. I hated peoples comments about “how small” she was so I got her into her doctor and had her heart tested, all blood tests possible to make sure everything was working properly. Everything came out fine and she is TINY. Her older brother is 5 and finally getting taller but not packing pounds like id want him to. They are healthy as can be just tiny.

I dislike questions like these because we shouldn’t compare our children to other children - even to their own siblings. Everyone is different. My 9 yr old daughter is shorter than my 10 year old daughter but wears the same size in the waist and in tops. My 3 year old is taller than both her sisters were at that age.

4 Likes

Some kids are just petite. My 7 year old still wears size 3 shorts

My 3 year old is about 2 foot🤣 doesn’t matter how small or tall they are?

My daughter at 2 was 2’ 5" now at 5 is 3’ 7" 1/2 everyone talks about how tall she is. My son at his 1 year check up was 2’ 8" he is almost 18 months now and our family doctor keeps saying how hes tall. Their father and my brother are both 6’ so they took on that side oposed to my 5’ 2" frame lol

1 Like

At 2 years old, our daughter was 36 inches. Over 99th percentile.

My 5 yr old is 43 inches (3’7)

My 4.5year old is 38 inches. She’s small and short, like me.

They will grow to wear they are supposed to - whatever that means for them specifically.

1 Like

My 2.5 year old is 2’ 10”, only the 30th percentile for her age. Dad and I aren’t very tall though, we’re both 5’ 6”, so I’m not really surprised that she’s short. If your family doesn’t have the tall gene then your children likely won’t be tall. I wouldn’t worry about it too much. :woman_shrugging:t3:

My daughter at 2yrs was 35¼inches tall and 34lbs. She was born at 20inches even and 9lbs even. She’s 6 now and is 3’11 and 51lbs.

my 4 year old is 37 so probably was around the same… she’s just petite…. the kids her age look like a year to two older but her dads side are all really petite people so she’s just gunna be small :woman_shrugging:t3:

As long as she’s growing I wouldn’t worry too much. My son is small for his age. He’ll be 14 the 12th and he only wears a 10/12. Kids grow at their own pace.

2 Likes

My daughter is a little over 26inches and she turned 2 in December. She’s 24 lbs and she’s very small. Looks about 12-18 months but she mighty cute!

My son turned 2 in November and was 33 1/2” tall.

My granddaughter just turned 2 in December- she is 38 1/2 inches. But Mom is 5’11” & Dad is 6’5 - so tall parents = tall kids.

My 2 year old was 42" (3ft 5in). :sweat_smile: Every kid is different just like every adult is different. I’m 5’10" and his dad is 6’1" so of course he has some pretty good odds of being tall as well.

1 Like

Ignore them. Unless her pediatrician is concerned no one else’s opinions matters

1 Like

Kids grow differently, even within your family. My oldest was 20 pounds at 2 years old still wearing 9-12month size. His younger brother was 20 pounds at 8 weeks old. The boys were the same size until 1st grade where little brother over took big brother in height and weight. As adults they are 5’10” and 5’6 inches. Same parents same genetics, one is built like a brick house the other is a twig

My son was 36 inches at 2. And that’s 89 percentile. So that mom would be grossly incorrect.

My daughter turns 2 the 24th and is in 99 percentile for height. Her 18 mo chec up she was 36 inches

Your kiddos height is fine…that mom has a big mouth though and doesn’t know wjem to keep opinions to herself

My 3 year old is 39 inches tall all kids are different and grow at different rates just ignore shitty moms and their opinions

she’s right where she should be, between 31- 37 inches is normal 2.

Kids grow at their own rate. Unless her pediatrician is concerned I wouldn’t worry.

5 Likes

Well my daughter is 6 and fits in my 2 year old son shit lol tho I’m only 5 feet tall and my husband I think is only 5’7 so my kids are super small

I think if there was a problem your doctor would have made it known to you. Don’t listen to the haters

As long as she is a healthy child what does it matter. It’s all in the genes anyway

Look… Kids grow at different rates. Did her pediatrician have a problem with it? If no, then fk the randoms that say different.

When my oldest was 2 he was 3 feet tall . Now he’s 13 and around 5 5

My 9 y/o is 48inches which is super small but me and dad aren’t very tall either she gets mistaken for 5 or 6 all the time

My son is little, but he’s perfect and I don’t compare him to other children his age.

1 Like

My 2 year old son is a little over 36 inches. People always tell me he looks way too tall to only be 2.

My son and daughter were both 3 feet at 2. And for my daughter that was like 95th percentile. So definitely not small or short at 34 inches.

I’m not sure about his current height, but I know that my son was almost 3 ft around a year old or something like that (he’s 17 months now) but he is also considered tall for his age. Girls are typically smaller anyway, and whether her child is a boy or girl, hers may be tall for their age and height means nothing. It isn’t a reflection of your parenting or your child’s abilities/development. (Typically, but if your child was so small it was considered a concern, your doctor would likely mention that) It’s also possible for a baby who isn’t tall to eventually be on the taller side and for one who is tall to even out and end up about average. None of it matters, so I would just shrug it off.

Then my daugther is small vir her age she is 5 and about 4 feet(1.3m)

If you double your child’s height at age 2 it gives a close estimate of how tall they will become. It was almost 100% right with my children