How to adopt in New Mexico?

I’m 26 years old. I have two children of my own. I want more children. Just one more. BUT I don’t want to get pregnant. And was thinking of adopting. I’m from NM. (New Mex.) And idk how the process or what requirements are. But. What are some opinions. I don’t care how old they are. Just as long as I give them a loving home. Schooling.

48 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How to adopt in New Mexico? - Mamas Uncut

Try contacting cps in your area and asking them about it.

1 Like

Try fostering, or fostering to adopt you can look up fostering organizations in your state and get your certification .

6 Likes

Steve Stucker KOB has a link. He is always pushing adopting.

Try becoming a foster parent

3 Likes

I’m not from Mexico but I could possibly be able to help you out, I have an agency that we went through might be able to help you out

1 Like

My state…there’s a lot of siblings because they want to be kept together and a lot won’t keep together…so I know u want one but don’t shy away…or the family!y adopts one then a sibling pops up And the family Is contacted asked to take the new sibling… And older kids like 5+ are left in the system because they are too old, not cute, damaged. Please don’t give up. Also understand there could be trauma. I read woman on other mom page adopted a 15yr old and she was hiding food so the adopted mom locked all the cupboards, fridge to stop her…but the kid was hiding food cause of previous homes abusing her by denying food… My great aunt is 75 and started adopting kids and fostering when she was 25. She has had over 30 kids come through her home! Older kids, special needs, disabled, siblings, cousins. And even at her age she runs around like she’s in her 40s and in perfect health so she keeps getting to foster/adopt she said its the greatest joy!

3 Likes

I know one of my friends did the foster to adopt. (Also NM) Said it was the easiest way but another said it was hard because it can take a long time especially when the system is set up for reunification

1 Like

Maybe try contacting the nearest children’s court to you? Not sure that’s just what my thought would be

I’m also from New Mexico! Like everyone is suggesting, contact your local CPS (Ours is CYFD), they do foster to adopt, if that’s the route you’re wanting to go. If not wanting to foster, without being able to adopt, My personal opinion, it wasn’t for us. We’re looking into privately adopting, costs alot, but we’d rather do that way, simply because of the way we were treated. Adopting from foster care, however, is little to no cost! Best of wishes on your journey!

1 Like

Bad idea to adopt any children that are older than your own. I strongly discourage it.

2 Likes

You are awesome. Thank you for making a difference in the life of a child.

1 Like

This is what I want to do im from the UK tho nothing better then giving a child a loving home when they don’t have one

You can qualify to become an adoptive family if you:

Attend your local adoptive parent orientation program
Fill out the application completely and provide personal references
Schedule time with your placement social worker to get your fingerprints taken for a background check
Attend 32 hours of pre-service training
Complete a homestudy with your social worker
Are at least 18 years old
Have adequate space for an adopted child or children
Are healthy
Provide other documents that may be required
Are committed to caring for and loving children

1 Like

Contact you’re ( cyfd ) down their see what you can do that’s probably where you need to start first.

I get paid over $ 130 per hour w0rking from home. I never thought l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 16076 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is limitless.
M0re Info. M0re Info. https://greatwork237.netlify.app/?413649336441

1 Like

It’s good you don’t allow this opportunity for SUCCESS slip off. Mrs Elizabeth James exceptional work makes a lot of people financially breakthroughs, to help others deserves good recommendation. Connect to her via the link below :chart_with_downwards_trend::chart_with_downwards_trend:.

1 Like

Foster to adopt is a great idea, you would contact your local department of human services and they can give you more info, you start with an informal class that gives you info on what all goes into it and you get to ask any questions you have. If that’s not the thing for you you can look for local adoption agencies. Me and my husband will be starting the process for foster to adopt really soon!

2 Likes