How to baby proof a coffee table?

How do you baby proof a coffee table with very sharp edges? our baby is getting more mobile…

13 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. https://answers.mamasuncut.com/t/how-to-baby-proof-a-coffee-table/21146

1 Like

They make rubber bumpers for these.

Those foam pool noodles. Cut to the right size and in half so they slide on.

2 Likes

You don’t. You watch the baby and make sure he or she doesn’t hurt themselves. I never baby proofed anything in my house.

2 Likes

Pool noodles cut down the center

1 Like

Put it in the yard! Thats the only way!:joy:

I’ve seen videos of people using pool noodles

They have rubber corner bumper or u can do a pool noodle with tape for a quick fix

You can buy that thick sticky strip to put along any type of edges in the house

1 Like

They make “corner guards” or whatever they’re called. I think you can also use cut-up pool noodles

2 Likes

Foam pool noodles. Cut in half they just fit around the edge of most tables, but if that doesn’t work there are all kinds of hacks for it on Google, pinterest, and YouTube! Also works on the edge of a fire place

Pool noodles for a cheap DIY.

I moved all my coffee tables to a place the babies would not get to. That was with my third boy. He was bad about climbing and jumping like as soon as he could walk. With my other 2 I got bumper pads for all four corners.

Walmart sells rubber/soft table corner covers. Or Amazon. They stick on

2 Likes

If you’re visual and can’t see what we’re describing lol

1 Like

Get rid of it. I’ve seen so many kids gash their faces open on those darn things I can’t help but cringe when I see them with little kids around. If you really feel like you can’t live without it pool noodles or pipe insulation around the table will help but most kids eventually pick those off and it’s not the most visually appealing.

2 Likes

We used pool noodles and cut to size and then packing tape

Baby Proofing with Corner Protector, Edge Protector Strip Clear, Silicone Soft Corner Protectors with Upgraded Pre-Taped Strong Adhesive, 6.6ft Edge Protectors for Cabinets, Tables, Drawers https://a.co/ewAXxM7

I had out corner guards on our when my daughter was little. She fell and hit her eye on the straight edge of the table and needed 5 stitches. She thankfully kept saying “the table did it”, so at least they didn’t think I did it!

They sell little clear rubber guards. I had found some on amazon

2 Likes

My mom just got rid of the coffee table until us kids got older then got rid of it again when the grandbabies came along

2 Likes

I bought pool noodles, double tapped them around the table

We just eliminated the coffee table LOL but they do sell the little rubber corners that you can put on your coffee table corners Walmart , meijer’s etc

Use small table and then put them away when baby is playing
Something like ours

2 Likes

You can get the baby proofing edges if you don’t want to get rid of the table - and I don’t blame you for wanting to keep it since coffee tables can be pretty expensive. If you have a Goodwill or thrift store nearby see if you can find a safer one for cheap!

2 Likes

I tried everything…and finally got rid of it after my kid needed 5 stitches.

Pool noodles cut on one side

2 Likes

They have edging in the baby department, and corner covers that won’t damage your table.

2 Likes

Don’t put baby on table

3 Likes

You can get corner covers. Stay at Home Moms :fire:

I got ottomans and put wooden box type things for drinks

Or you can cut a pool noodle and put around the edges

2 Likes

Remove the table & prevent mishaps

2 Likes

I just put mine in storage to be honest lol she’s 4 and I still haven’t brought it out haha

I never baby proofed anything with my kids. I just taught them “no” “be careful” “this can hurt you” “ouch!”

5 Likes

I bought a plastic strip that sticks to it on amazon

You can use pool noodles but I’d just store it away until the baby is sure on it’s feet

4 Likes

Get rid of table for the next 5yrs lol

3 Likes

Foam… they also make foam tape. It’s not great for the table, but the baby will be safer. Or you can buy “corners” from target for a couple of bucks.

They sell corner covers

2 Likes

If you don’t really need it, put it away till baby is older, I moved mine when my daughter was small and never put one back 36 years later.

4 Likes

rubber corner covers

1 Like

I just taught my kids to be safe and cautious and my youngest have no f*cks bumped her head on everything imaginable she’s tougher than nails i swear. They learn & bumps and bruises are part of life.

2 Likes

Put it away until the baby is older, they’ll peel/chew/pick at whatever you baby proof it with and make a mess or choke (especially if you use a pool noodle :woman_facepalming:t2:)

4 Likes

Babies will chew on pool noodles and possibly choke. Better to get a round table or have no table at all.

They get bumps and bruises and goose eggs from the least thing you expect
My son tripped and hit the door edge and watched the goose egg turn different colors in front of me
But they never hurt themselves on our coffee table but if it happens it happens …part of dealing with little ones

You get rid of said coffee table :rofl: they do make rubber corners for tables and you can find those in the bay aisle at Walmart by all the other baby proofing stuff, but honestly I’d just get rid of it, that’s what we did bc my daughter likes to climb, sit on balls on top of the partition, just be overall as dangerous as possible, so we figured the less stuff for her to get hurt with the better

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=coffee+table+protectors+for+baby&crid=2YQX1AN81XGRP&sprefix=coffee+table+protectors+for+baby%2Caps%2C132&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

Get rid of the coffee table. To this day I still don’t own one. I have round end tables. All it took was many years ago when I was young my brother split his head open on the corner of my parents coffee table. After that my parents got rid of theirs.

4 Likes

Hose it down with super-glue and cover the whole thing in pillows. Then throw it out. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I took the coffee table out of my living room when my daughter started pulling up and didn’t put it back until she was around 3. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

There’s a company called Perfectly Safe with a catalog of all sorts of great things for baby proofing: we used Velcro on oven & refrigerator doors, flip locks on doors to the outside, outlet covers that worked like childproof caps, locks to keep the kids from playing in the big toilets, waterproof cushions that fit over the bathtub edge, inflatable protectors for bathtub faucets (potentially hard & hot) and a bunch of different locks for kitchen & medicine cabinets so even when toddlers figured out how to open one, they couldn’t figure out them all. You’ll be putting a lot of stuff out of reach & the little buggers will still get into and bump into everything they can!

2 Likes

Roving Cove Corner Edge Protector for Baby Proofing (Large 18ft Edge + 8 Corners), Hefty-Fit Heavy-Duty, Soft NBR Rubber Foam, Furniture and Fireplace Safety Corner Edge Bumper Guard, 3M Adhesive, Coffee Brown https://a.co/d/78c39yU

There’s the rubber tape stuff…but… the adhesive is a b!tch to get off

l Get paid over $132 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $16398 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://DollarsBox352.pages.dev/

They have sticky corner coverings. I cant think of the name tho. We used them and it actually worked! We got them from amazon.

1 Like

l Get paid over $132 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $16398 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://DollarsBox382.pages.dev/

Coffee tables became my toddlers’ walking/training aids, a way to pull up, walk along and around it.

Id rather have a big ole ottoman instead of a coffee table…u cant put anything on a coffee table with out the kid snatching it off or knocking it over anyway…u can get ottomans with storage which u can hide away some of the messy the littles create

2 Likes

You can get safety corners for sharp edges but honestly…if they miss the coffee table they’ll bump something else. Its life.
Keep a supply of ice in the freezer to put on bumps

There are specific products for baby proofing sharp corners but they can get pricey. A cheaper option is cutting up a pool noodle and securing it to the corners/edges where you need it

2 Likes

I want to appreciate you by sharing the good news to the world I made it out for the very first time with Mrs Angelina Wilson

:point_down::point_down:

Move it out lolz soz not soz if ur worried move it

You can get a rubber wrap around on Amazon or ebay xx