How to be a single mom?

How do all you single mommas do it? I juat became a single momma and its so hard i feel like I’m losing my mind any tips? Also no judgement please just a momma trying to be the best for her baby

47 Likes

Just take it one day at a time, balancing work and children can be tough but so worth it.

Single mom of 3 girls. It’s tough, but you do what you have to for your babes

Take each day as it comes. I was a single mum of four at one point - it’s so hard, but you get through it for yourself and your babies xxx

Keep on keepin’ on. You’re so much stronger than you even know. You got this!

Just remember, it won’t always be this hard. As your child grows, so will you. You’ll look back and cherish this time with him/her. Also, take advantage of resources available to you…WIC, Food Stamps, Head Start for free preschool education, etc… That’s what they’re there for. <3

2 Likes

Girl I did it with zero family or friends. It’s extremely hard. Work work work. And take the little moments with you kids in.

1 Like

As long as your priorities are your kids and yourself god will give you the strength to go on in life

You’ve got this momma. Take a deep breath, it’s ok to cry sometimes, make sure to carve out time for yourself every once in a while even if it’s an icecream or snickers on the way to pick up the kids so you don’t have to share lol. Take help, I know I feel guilty when people offer to hold my kids so I can eat dinner but especially if they offer, take the help of friends, family, and community leaders. It’ll be ok :heart:

Do the best you can… You will do good

Think one second at a time…stay in the moment and don’t think too far ahead…the anxiety is overwhelming…you can handle today…in the morning you can handle that day…we love you…we understand and we are with you

4 Likes

Just gotta take each day as it goes. You don’t have a choice, but to do it.

Organization is the only way I could do it, oh and make lists of things to do /buy … if some one says can I help always say yes if it’s nothing but to run the vacuum or take out the trash but just give them one thing to do because you want then to ask again. Remember go to church and pray

2 Likes

Im raising my three by myself. My ex husband went to Prison. So there is no financial back up or support. Just focus on your kiddos. Focus on making every day as happy as possible. It will be hard. But dont give up! You got this momma!

Breathe, relax, laugh…everything falls into place eventually

The hardest thing to do is raise children as a single mother… I commend anyone who does this… My story of struggle raising children alone has not been easy… But, every time I felt like giving up… All it took was seeing my babies in their home playing with their toys and knowing that I was all they knew. They were my rocks to keep going… Struggling working 2 part time jobs, throught school… It was hard… The hardest thing I’ve ever done was keeping focused when I was hurting.

It all may be on you now but the great thing is… No arguing with the so/baby daddy or whatever it is… A lot less stress …

It takes a LONG time to get a routine going facts are it really does take a village as long as you have help paid help OR lucky enough to have family willing to help you will be fine! When my oldest daughter was 2 I hired a sitter for 2 days a week for 4 hours each day so I could get things done Drs. Appointments etc. Now my oldest is the paid help with my youngest they’re 11 years apart and my youngest LOVES when sissy watches her.

It will take you a little time to get a routine put together. Give yourself time. However even then, at times you will still feel like you are losing it. Lol

1 Like

Omg I can remember being where you are now last year. My daughters dad left when she was 2 days old. How old is your little one? Baby classes are a god send and lots of self care. Other than that all I can say is it does get easier. Single mums kick ass! :heart:

You keep going. I became a single mama about 1 1/2 years ago. My kid is 3 1/2 and i left my now ex husband after almost 20 years. You learn to keep going, keep strong for your babies and if you need help, dont be afraid to ask

It’s hard but rewarding. I’ve been a single mom for 4 years and yes there are days where its overwhelming and frustrating. Then there are such amazing days. I became a single mom when my boys were 5 and 4 months old. Your child(ren) will see you kn a while different light. You are strong and I know it may not seem enough but to them you’re their world, you’re superwoman.

Don’t judge yourself to harshly. You will be rewarded one day by how your child turns out. Became a single mom when my youngest daughter was 6, absolutely the proudest mom of a now 21 year old daughter

I’ve been raising two by myself for a year. The first couple months I cried so much it was beyond over whelming but you adjust :heart: hang in there

I did live one day at a time not yesterday it’s gonen not tomorrow it not here yet live today God has this ask him for strength love strength to get thur this day the Lord has maded I will rejoice be glad in it! He be with with you every step of the way! He loves you wants bless you ! No matter what has gone wrong he holding you!

Stay strong and look forward

My youngest is 32, and every year that his dad was not around, I felt some kind of weird thing. You and your child/children have to live on. Live your best life, who knows what will happen in the future. You’re new to this hope it gets better. He called early this morning (our son is also a dad) and they’re doing what they do.

I am a single mom to 3 boys. All close in age. It’s tough & exhausting but I just try & wake up & do my best for them every single day. I don’t have any family near by to help. So I just trudge thru. Just got to stay strong & put one foot in front of the other.

It’s going to be hard. I’m a single mom of two kids (13 and 11). I’ve been on my own for 9 years. Take one day at a time. There will be days you’re grumpy and make mistakes and that’s ok. My best advice is ALWAYS put them first. Dating can wait and chores can wait. Some days the dishes will pile up and laundry will sit folded in baskets for weeks. Take the time to do that stuff on the quieter days. On the overwhelming days trying to do everything only makes it worse. Be patient with yourself and your babies. Soon enough you’ll find what works best for you. Sending lots of love and hugs.

1 Like

My only advise is once the routine is made and you feel slightly confident in your new role… take time for you! It’s hard to do but absolutely necessary for your sanity.

For real girl. I’m dating someone and he sleeps through everything and helps out but I do 99% of things for my one month old and he’s colicky. I feel like I’m losing my mind and I can barely function throughout the day anymore :disappointed:

Just dont forget about you! Happiness comes from within. You cannot pour from an empty bucket or give your children what you dont have. Self care is essential. Hobbies or reading or whatever it is that calms your nerves or brings you joy is still important. Your kids will see that and learn from it whether yall know it or not. Enlist their help with cooking laundry and housework. Youre still a family and family helps one another. A load is easier to bear when it is shared. Dont feel bad if you cant give them everything they want as long as they have everything they need. Dont degrade the father. They will see in time who cared and was there for them and when old enough, appreciate you more for it. Good luck! Its hard but nothing worth anything was ever easy! You can do this!

You do what you have too for your children. I work multiple jobs and go to school while I take care of my 3 and 2 years old. Been single mom for 3 years

Ya just kinda figured it out and get yourself a routine. No real secret we do it because we had to🤷‍♀️

It takes time. You don’t just wake up and find everything easy. Don’t be too hard on yourself. Some days you’ll feel like giving up but you just keep pushing through. It’s overwhelming amd stressful but worth the extra effort it takes to be mom and dad. You got this.

And just remember if your kid(s) are still alive at the end of the day…well then yabdid your job :joy:

You do it because you have to. Blessings to you.

Just one foot in front of the other honey! Keep your chin up and your shoulder to the wheel! I did!:stuck_out_tongue:

Its hard but the love for your baby is much stronger

Take it one day at a time. I’ve been a single mom my kids whole lives. Some days are easier than others and no matter how many times people say it gets easier it doesn’t because there’s always something else. Keep your head up and do your best

1 Like

It seems like the days are long but the years will pass quickly… breathe, pray and Love with all your heart. One of the most important things I did was to involve us in our church. Many people to love our children. The other thing since we had no local family was to adopt a local older woman to be Grandma Shirley :grin: what a blessing in our lives. She passed away 1 year ago and we truly miss her.

1 Like

Single mom of an 8 year old and 4 year old. It isnt easy but i take it one day at a time. Enjoy the day and remember having a bad day dont make u a bad mom. Chin up

1 Like

1 day at a time. There is no prefect mom. Do what’s best for you and your children. Washing dishes after they are asleep is a lot easier. Getting things ready and set out for am helps. Make a routine that works for you. If things don’t get done every day it’s okay. Love them and yourself

1 Like

Dear you got this .yes it’s hard at first but it does get better. You’re gonna cry a lot but you also will laugh so much more. There will be days you will think you’re not going get thew but believe you will be. The best time of the day is when they are asleep and you will check on them and think what in the world would I do with out them.i was a single mother to 4 little girls from age of 2 to 6 and boy their were days I wanted to run away. Lol. One day I had gotten 25 dozen eggs from a girl I worked with for .25 cents a dozen so I some for my mom and sisters. I work nights so when I got home I sat the eggs on the table and went to lay down I woke up to my mom yelling at the kids you are in big trouble when you mom gets up. I jumped out of bed ran in the kitchen and about die on my kitchen floor and walls were 24 dozen and 11 eggs they had a egg fight. After I cry for a minute I pick up the last egg and thew it at them. It took them all day to clean it up lol.

It is really hard! In fact it sucks! But I have no choice but to be the best mom I can be to him. He is my world. I have my parents and brother to help, that’s it. It’s been a years and a half and it’s still not easy. It sucks bc I still am in love with his father. If I didnt care for him, I bet this process would be a hell of a lot easier. Just keep your child #1. And always do whats best for them!!

1 Like

Routine routine routine!

2 Likes

It gets easier as you find your balance. Just don’t forget about YOU! Good luck!

Routine!! Is key… An proper deciplin. Remember your mom not best friend. I was a single mom of 3 boys, i had to crack down an put them boys on a routine scheadule. It worked

One day at a time! FTM and single mom from since before my daughter was born.
It will be tough, it will suck and most day you will feel like giving up. But you do what you gotta do to make sure you kid has everything they need.
It won’t get easier, but you will be able to face more and more challenges as they come because you will know you have the strength.
Good luck to you mama!!!

1 Like

You will get through this. It takes some time but you will be fine

1 Like

It’s hard you just got to keep going

1 Like

I’m a single mom and the best advice I can give is “one day at a time.”

1 Like

A lot of patience and wine

1 Like

Take one day at a time. Wake up and thank the Lord you have another day with your precious little one and make the best of each day. Be proud of what you are doing. No, not easy but doable!:pray::heart_decoration::pray::heart_decoration::pray:

1 Like

One day at a momma.and as hard as it is,don’t look back.

1 Like

Be a good mother # 1 … Good luck. Baby first.

1 Like

It’s not always easy. Just stay strong, you can do it. One thing that will help, though, is to find your village. The saying “it takes a valuable to raise a child”, my sister and I helped each other out a LOT and we still do. Whether you have help or not, just take one day at a time and whenever you feel overwhelmed or like you can’t do it, just spend some time with your little one and watch them smile. It helps recharge you. :heart:

One day at a time, one moment at a time. Pick your priorities wisely . You will need to accept you cant do it all every day or you will be no good to you or your baby. 1 day laundry, 1 day housekeeping, another day grocery shopping etc.
And take lots of deep breaths. Best of luck to you!
P.S. Don’t be afraid to take any help offered

Beginning is the hardest. It gets easier to cope with. Work hard, spend time with kids, make time for yourself and never forget your strong.

1 Like

Iv been a single mommy since the day i got pregnant. All i can say is Breath. Just breath. Its hard but every hard minute is worth it when you get the happy minutes .take any help that is offered. And just breath. Us mommas are always here if you need us.

2 Likes

I have been a single mother for 12 years now. I am engaged now but he works a lot so yes I still do it alone. Make sure your baby comes first, you may feel defeated but keep going. It’s a very hard job but rewarding as hell!

It is extremely hard especially when you dont know how to do it alone. I’ve always done it alone so it makes it a bit easier now. I learned to Coupon, shop usually at save a lot or aldi for my groceries, when couponing I focus on laundry detergent. Diapers, wipes, body wash, shampoo/conditioner and toilet paper.
Can it be a struggle yes! Never be afraid to take help if anyone offers. We all need a hand up at times! Hugs

Take it one day at a time. Set a routine. Itll get easier. Just remember its all for your baby. :heartpulse:

And remember your baby comes first before anyone.

Just one day at a time and try to take time for yourself. You can do this. Just be forgiving to yourself. Everything will work out.

It can be hard but you can do it…to cut down on work my sister in law and I would make dinner together…more hands make lighter work…we both worked

No matter what it’s hard but you have to keep pushing forward and never give up and it’s all worth it in the end

I’m a single mum to 3 kids work full time the key is organisation and routine :100: Goodluck mamma x

Organization and self discipline are the keys here, so get a grip toots and tighten your belt cause you gonna do some hard rides.

Set a routine. Get organized. Plan. And make time for yourself too.

Don’t be afraid to ask for help. EVER!!! And don’t let ANYONE shame you for asking for help.