How to break a lease?

My husband and I signed a two year lease in a different state. We hate being here, and both of us are not happy being here. We’ve been here for 5 months with a newborn. It’s been HARD. We plan on moving back to our home state with family, friends and everything we know. Anyway, is there any advise on how to break this lease without getting totally screwed by the home owner? They are nice, but I’m worried they will report it to our credit or take us to court. I know we won’t get a deposit back for breaking the lease. I plan on trying to find as many people interested in the home for them. Any other advise?

21 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How to break a lease?

Try talking to the owner? You probably have to pay something to break the lease, but communication goes a long way

9 Likes

I’d just be honest with them and ask them if you guys can work something out where you can get out of the lease. A lot of people are nice and understanding if you’re just honest about your situation with them. Aside from that if they aren’t understanding you don’t have much of a choice. You either stay until your two years is up or you break the lease and it goes on your rental history.

5 Likes

Find out what the penalty is and pay it. Talk to your landlord.

1 Like

The owner probably wants the rest of the money until your lease is up. They can take you to court for that. The owner also has to ok the new lease for the interested people to move in. Also yes it can ruin your credit and also it can be reported that you broke the lease and no other agency or owner will let you in their apartment or house. Breaking lease without a good cause is always bad.

2 Likes

Think you have to give 60 days notice if you even decided to stay that long and for sure you’ll have to pay a fee usually it’s around a 1000 Depending on your contract.

If you find a suitable replacement a lot of times that’s not considered breaking the lease. They can just amend it for the new people to pick it up where you left off to finish your lease. I successfully got out of a year long lease this way.

5 Likes

Ask them if you can just stay until they find another renter. You may have to stay a couple more months but if you’ll stay until they find someone else they might be ok with it since they won’t be losing any money.

3 Likes

In my state if it’s rented before the lease is up it’s done with. But I would try contacting them and communicate. Some people suck, but some are understanding…

Just talk to them and ask them for a solution, try to find something together

2 Likes

You write on paper a 30 day notice to the landlord of intent to vacate the premises. Thats it.

3 Likes

Best way is to find a qualified renter to take your place. Or could be responsible for however long it is empty.

2 Likes

Talk to them. You never know and if they agree make sure you all have the legal paperwork signed by all so they can’t take you to court.

2 Likes

What does your lease say about breaking it? Doesn’t matter what anyone here says. If your lease says if you break the lease, you’ll be responsible for the remainder, then that’s what you’ll be responsible for. It could say if you break the lease, you’ll be responsible for 3 months of rent and forfeit your deposit. Whatever you signed for, that’s your responsibility. You can always talk to them and try to work something out, but legally what’s in the lease is what you’re responsible for and what they can take you to court over. For future reference, never sign a two year lease.

6 Likes

Be honest and speak to owner. I think been away from family with no support they will understand. Especially if your happy to find someone to take over lease

4 Likes

Please consult with an Attorney
Find out the Landlord’s and Tenant’s Rights and Responsibilities in the State…

1 Like

Check what your lease says

It will be on your lease how much a break fee is. It varies depending on gow long in the lease you are and un your case it’s the maximum penalty. Tell the landlord as early as possible and guve them a head start in funding new tenants

2 Likes

Find new qualified tenants for them

1 Like

Read your lease it will tell you how to break it

1 Like

Talk to the landlord. Sometimes you can come to an agreement.

4 Likes

See what your lease says and talk to your landlord.

Find someone to take over the lease first then chat to the owner clean swap everything should be on

I’am making over $125 an hour working online with 2 kids at home. I never thought I’d be able to do it but my best friend earns over $ 18914 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The potential with this is endless

Chk This—>> https://SuperIncome1022.pages.dev/

In our lease it states that we would have to pay the total rent in order to break the lease. So we have 6 months left, we would have to pay them 6 months of rent if we wanted to break it now

1 Like

I’am making over $125 an hour working online with 2 kids at home. I never thought I’d be able to do it but my best friend earns over $ 18914 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The potential with this is endless

Chk This—>> https://SuperIncome1078.pages.dev/

Why are you asking fb? Read the lease you signed

4 Likes

If I want to move my landlord requests 500 for breaking lease. But she also understands that I’m looking for a bigger place so she’s willing to work with us. I would talk to them see what they say

3 Likes

If you break the lease agreement you will be legally responsible for the rent so long as no one else is in the place. They also can sue you for the rent. When singing the lease you legally bound yourself to be financially responsible for 2yrs for the place. The only way out is to talk to the landlord hopefully they’re understanding and have another tenant already lined up for them.

2 Likes

hello maybe you can sublet the place . get someone to rent it before you move … tell the landlord that your moving to another state an that your gonna find someone to take over your lease …

After leaving my previous job 12 months ago, i’ve had some good luck to learn about this website which was a life-saver for me… They offer jobs for which people can work online from their house. My latest paycheck after working for them for 2 months was for $16348… Amazing thing about is that the only thing required is simple typing skills and access to internet…

Read all about it here… https://SuperIncome1094.pages.dev/

Communication with the owner first. They need to be the first to find out.

1 Like

Have a heart to hear and be honest with the landlord. He/she just might be sympathetic and let you work something out.

2 Likes

In your lease contract it should say what the landlord/company requests. It’s usually a chunk of change but then you’re good after that. Are they someone you feel will understand you maybe talk to them? But definitely look over the contract.

1 Like

I’m a landlord. Sometimes just being honest with your landlord will go a long way. He may let you out of your lease less your deposit
Remember that if he doesn’t, you’ll only be responsible for the months that the house is vacant. If your landlords rents it out after you move, you are not responsible from that point on

9 Likes

Sometimes if u can find someone else to take over the lease the landlord will let u out of it… talk to them

2 Likes

Let them know that you are unhappy and you want to move back home. Tell them that you really do not have money to break lease but you can stay there until they find someone to take it over then he’s they aren’t missing money. Communication goes a long way 

5 Likes

I’d talk to your landlord and tell them what’s going on. Maybe tell them you will give 3-6 months before you leave to fill your spot, since you have to figure out logistics anyway.

1 Like

I sublet an apartment when the original leaser had this same problem. He posted it on marketplace and kijiji saying that he was subletting for the remainder of his lease. Except he paid an extra 150$ a month and made the rent less for me for those remaining months. The rent was 1300$ i only paid 1150$. Then i just applied for it myself once his lease was up and ended up living there for 4 more years. Maybe you could do something similar to that - lessen the monthly amount so someone is more likely to take it off your hands?

2 Likes

Find someone to lease and get approval from the owner

I broke my lease at a place I resided for over ten years. I had an incredible relationship w the leasing office and gave them months notice. I didn’t have any thing happen to me. Communicate with them.

2 Likes

U need to find someone to take over the lease and have their name put on the lease paperwork. But you also need to talk to the owner and let them know u guys will be moving for work and can’t hold the lease. If this was an apartment you would be screwed

Where i live you just have to give 60 day notice

If you can find another tenant to rent the house out it should be fine. They don’t have to take over your lease either, they can have their own

Try to find a subleaser

You can talk to them first, because they may be entitled for the 2years of rent money if you break the lease and they can carry you to court for the money. Talk to them afterookibg over your lease and see what your options are.

1 Like

Usually there is a fee to break a lease.

1 Like

Talk to an attorney asap.

2 Likes

Clients are getting paid everyday so stop wishing and start wining, Mr. Bunker with link- Redirecting... can help you build your life financially just by investing Binary Options, Bitcoin and Forex Trading. There are lot of people here who are making huge profit trading in his company, He can generate huge profits for you just by trading in any of the investment plans he operates with. Make as much as you can with your capital accurately and perfectly,
Send a DM to Him

1 Like

My testimony started when I saw a post of people testifying about Mr. Joshua Bunker bitcoin company, after having a good view at his profile on facebook seeing successful stories on how he has helped a lot of people… I was really impresed and I quickly contacted him. Since then my life has changed financially through the help of Mr. Joshua Bunker trading bitcoin online. Click on him Facebook link below to contact him.
:point_down::point_down: :point_down:

I heard forex options trade is changing lives but I never had a chance to try until I came across Joshua Bunker an expert trader who made my first trade and withdrawal a success, I couldn’t believe it up till now how amazing my story has changed through one single investment with him. And he has changed my life financially. Thank you very much for all the profits | made from your trading platform, it was very easy and successful. You can contact him if interested.
:arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down:

I’m so happy I can at least afford to pay bills and also take good care of my family. All thanks to you Mr. Joshua Bunker that helped me a lot on my crypto trading account, I reinvested and to my greatest surprise I got my profit x8 without additional fees I’m grateful indeed. Her investment platform accomplish my dreams without stress and I got more than what I was supposed to have as my profit. For those of you finding it difficult in trading you can contact them I believe they will be of great help

I noticed a crowd of people giving thanks to Mr. Bunker for helping them. So I decided to give him a try and to my greatest surprise my first two weeks of trading was very successful, I made a very responsible amount that I can’t even get from my current job, I guess someone might need his help as well, I can’t stop sharing his good works :pray::pray:Click on the link to contact him, :point_down::point_down: :point_down:

I wonder why people turns their eyes off Bitcoins and crypto currency trading knowing fully well they’re the faith and future of the world. Bitcoin and crypto currency trading are one of the most profitable online business I have ever gotten myself into, I am happy i made the right decision to invest with, Mr. Joshua Bunker who help me Boost my financial status… My appreciation and gratitude to Sir. Bunker for making me who I’m today, I can say I’m leaving my dream life… I’m happy I invested under the right platform… May God continue to bless you Joshua.0 I’m so grateful​:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

Don’t be among the multitude that gave up so easily because of rumor and bad experience. know ur worth and strive for the best. invest with Mr. Joshua Bunker and get your profit without hindrance or unnecessary fees, i just wanna let you know there is still competent mining expert. Bitcoin has been making people Rich and God bless Sir. Joshua for this amazing opportunity​:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

Good work deserves recommendation, knowing where to invest, what to invest in, who to trust and how to make profit can be very difficult as a beginner, but when you work with the right people, the road to financial freedom becomes a lot easier. I proudly recommend whosever is looking forward to join crypto should trade with Mr. Joshua Bunker and his profitable platform to yield the best result. You can contact him with the link tag below