How to change last name?

Does anybody know if you can change your last name without getting married?

2 Likes

I would assume it depends on your state but in Oregon you can

1 Like

As far as I know in Arkansas anyway you can but it is like 200 and you have to go through a whole legal thing with the court clerk

Iā€™m pretty sure you can for a price

I thought after youā€™re 18 you can legally change your own name but I would call because they might want you to pay something

You can! Go to the court house and ask what you need to do to make it legal. :grin:

there are hoops to jump through and fees to pay, it you can change your first, middle and last name if you want.

1 Like

You can. You have to pay to do it and they run all kinds of background checks. Costs 1800.00 in Texas to have it done.

Yes Iā€™ve done it before. Its $300 and you have to go before a judge but they did it for me. I did it when I was 18 and then got engaged 6 months later. But yes you can for $300. Well it was $300, 12 years ago so Iā€™m sure itā€™s gone up since then

Only if you were a part of that family at the time!

Ohio you can, i know a girl who just did. Her and her fiance are getting married next year but had a baby this year and she wanted them to all have the same last name when baby was born

New Mexico it cost $150.00 to file it court and had to have it posted 3 times in the local newspaper

U can it jus a long process and money

You canā€¦but itā€™s a lengthy processā€¦and even lengthy(er) if you have a criminal history

Did you just seriously ask that question?

1 Like