How to cope with anxiety about dying?

Fan Question
Karen🍒

This may seem weird to some, but does anyone else have horrible fears of dying in their sleep or just dying out of no where? The fear of dying doesn’t scare me, it’s leaving my one year old daughter that does… like what would happen to her? Would anybody come help her if she couldn’t wake me up or what would happen to her :cry::cry: I think about these things a lot…

6 Likes

Yessssssssss :sob: This is me to a T!! It’s pure anxiety… I hate being home alone with the kiddos because of it. :sob: Just know momma, you are okay and take deep breaths. Literally the only thing that helps me is “grounding.” Finding things around me that I can see, touch, taste, smell ANYTHING to get me to calm down. It’s miserable and I totally understand where you are coming from! It’s also worse now that my children’s dad will be gone for the next 4 years and it truly is just us at home. :sob: Prayers for you girl!!!

Take deep breaths and count these 5 things. Count 5 things. One thing you can see, one you can smell, one you are touching, one thing you can taste, one thing you can hear and one thing you can see. All of them need to be things you can smell, touch, taste, hear, and see all in that moment. It truly is just anxiety but having some tools can help a lot :green_heart:

Nothing’s going to happen to you. But it is always a good idea to have a will, Medical & financial power of attorney, figure out who would take care of your child not just if you die, but what about if you have to stay in the hospital for a while, go on a business trip, whatever.

If you have a large, nice family to be there for you, you’re lucky. If not, you do what I did and choose people to be your family. Chances are great you will never need this preparation, but if it would ease your mind to have a plan in place, go for it.

Also, it’s your hormones making you crazy. If you still feel like this weeks after the birth and it’s affecting your functioning, see your doctor about getting screened for anxiety.

I bet that baby’s gonna replace all your morbid thoughts with love! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_eyes: