How to cope with depression while pregnant?

Has anyone gotten depressed right before they had the baby. I’m due in less than 2 weeks and I just feel so unloved, unwanted and sad. I still get up and clean cook etc but I just feel like crying all the time. My husband isn’t mean or anything to me he is actually really loving but he works at night and sleeps in the day so I feel like I never see him. I just don’t know what to do because I don’t want to feel like this after I have the baby or feel worse. Someone help please what can I do to make myself feel better.

13 Likes

Talk to your husband and plan a date night. If that doesn’t help, talk to a doctor. Best wishes to you and your family! :purple_heart:

1 Like

I went through this at the beginning of my last pregnancy. We had a 2 year old and I was like a month or two pregnant when I went through a horrible stage of depression. It put a strain on our marriage along with some other stuff. He also works nights and sleeps during the day.
Have you tried to talk to him? Our issue was that I bottled up my feelings because I felt like I couldn’t talk to him about it. Plan a date. Ask to rent a movie so you can cuddle up together.

1 Like

I felt the same why when I was pregnant… I cried all the time … felt sad and Anxious … it was over whelming ., when the baby … my world changed … that little baby loved me so much and needed me …

2 Likes

I had to have the baby. It was like the clouds disappeared as soon as I gave birth

1 Like

I used to get this way not being pregnant when my husband worked nights. I can only imagine how it must feel when your hormones are going crazy. I think before baby is born you need to plan a date night so you 2 can bond a bit and reconnect.

1 Like

Talk to your doctor because Postpartum depression is real

3 Likes

Yep you’re not alone in this. I agree plan a date night that may help…and wait it out things will get better, hugs and prayers.

1 Like

Sounds like you really need to talk to your doctor i had post partum depression with all 3 of my kids it’s real, hopefully things get better for you.

I went through this it will go away.

Be weary of PPD! Make sure to talk to your doctor about it doll.

Your not alone I had it late first and early second trimester then it went away but next week I’ll be in my 3rd trimester and I’m over here depressed and I really try not to be bc I got a great job offer and I’m talking to a great guy (not babies dad) but it’s hard going through it alone and then choosing adoption. So hugs and prayers your not alone! Sorry for the venting

1 Like

Talk to your Dr. I had the same problem with both of my children. They can refer you to a therapist that specializes in women’s wellness. Just talking to someone helped me so much. ( I had post pardum? as well.)

You need a friend :two_hearts::two_hearts:

1 Like

mention it to your DR.

Talk to your Dr and get more sunshine. Plan more family time days to do something on his days off

Going through the same thing. 3 weeks ago, baby’s father up and left without saying anything. I’m afraid all this is going to harm baby.(going in Sunday to have the baby) I’m constantly second guessing myself as a single parent as this is my first child. I find myself crying myself to sleep almost every night…

Don’t sweat the small shit,do ur day n go to bed with a smile on ur face, cause u got up n did the dam thang,no boo whoin big girl.