How to cope with early labor?

I am a first time mom at around 38 weeks, and I’ve been experiencing early labor symptoms for over a week. Had a couple dr appointments since then and found that baby is sunny side up (in op position) which is why things are progressing so slowly (only 1 cm dilation in a week, 2 cm so far) any pointers on how to turn the baby and get things moving? Or even just ways to cope with prodromal labor? I am slowly losing my mind, my temper, and my patience. Thank you in advance, just really need support right now.

8 Likes

Certified spinning baby techniques with a licensed professional.

1 Like

Get on your hands and knees… clean the floor that way. I would also find a certified and licensed person who can turn baby

2 Likes

Cat and cow yoga poses are suppose to help!

Use a body pillow under your belly and in between your thighs (I had to sleep on my left side with my first and the got her to move) And there are certain exercises you can do on a birthing ball to help. Otherwise they can try to turn them at the hospital or at an appointment depending on what clinic you go to(they tried to with my first before I started sleeping on my left side)

I assume you mean that baby is positioned to be born face up rather than facing the floor. My son was that way, I was induced at 38 and a half weeks because I wasn’t feeling my contractions and lived 15 miles from the hospital in southern California traffic and they didn’t want to risk it. I had an episiotomy and tore, didn’t have a epidural, which the doctor said was a blessing because the face up position requires more pushing. Good luck

If baby is still breech at this part theres not much room to flip around so csection might end up happening

1 Like

My OB had me get on my hands and knees and rock my hips side to side.

My girly was sunny side up till it was time to push and she turned while I was pushing!!

This happened to me a week ago. I couldn’t get baby to flip and ended up needing a csection. I also went past my due date because of him being sunny side up and not progressing. My body tried so hard to go into labor and just couldn’t. He was stuck in ny pelvic bone. My little guy was also very large at 10 pounds. Some people have great success with vaginal just a little extra work but csection could be a possibility too. It’s best to weigh all your options with your doctor. Ask all your questions and see what the best delivery route for you is. I elected for the csection due to my particular situation. Best of luck momma. Also, crawling around on your hands and knees and swimming are two great methods to try. They just didnt work for me due to his size.

1 Like

My daughter was sunny side up. I was having back labor and told them because my lamaze instructor told us it could be possible that the Baby was up if you had it, but they didn’t believe me. Sure enough she was up… Her little nose was smooshed, but she was fine and it was back to normal in a couple days.
I have zero experience with turning a baby so I can’t help you there.

Chiropractor who specializes in prenatal

My babies never turned I had c sections not only for those 2 reasons but several

Idk about turning, but sex can get things going… i delivered my first sunny side up and it was the WORST back labor. So expect dull back ache and the urge to poop as you get closer.

You can look up spinning babies excercises. I know one is walking down a slow street with one foot on the street and one on the curb.

1 Like

Get on your hands and knees and rock back and forth. That’s what happened to me and after doing that for a week baby turned the right way. My sister went into labor with her baby sunny side up and they had to do an emergency c section.

I dilated really quickly even with my son being sunny side up :woman_shrugging:t3: 1 cm in a week isn’t that slow considering you are not in active labor so just relax and enjoy the last little bit of tummy kicks.

My sunny side up baby girl turned into a c-section delivery

Hands and knees, rocking back and forth.