How to date as a transgender man?

Is there any way to help my dating life as a transgender man? I’ve been on testosterone for almost 4 years now. And it seems to be an issue still to most.

49 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How to date as a transgender man? - Mamas Uncut

Dating is hard. Maybe get involved in trans groups. Where I live there are huge groups for trans folks. Just remember if it’s an issue for them those aren’t your people. Love to you :heart:

21 Likes

i have numerous relationships wih Trans men and they are of the most rewarding :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Is there any way to help my dating life as a transgender man?

You can help yourself. Accept who you really are- You are a WOMAN! Move on.

32 Likes

I haven’t dated in 11 years but there are online groups you could join even just for friendship. My sil now bil started going on local Facebook groups and they met their girlfriend and a community of peers, some have become their best friends… just keep being yourself and upfront and the right person will come along… honestly all of my friends in the dating world are having troubles, it seems to be universal these days.

2 Likes

Dating is hard! But just be yourself and the right person will come along. :heart: find local queer groups or online support groups!

1 Like

Be honest with potential partners from the beginning about your unique situation. Go from there and build a relationship with those who might be interested.

4 Likes

The whole transgender thing is the problem.

33 Likes

All the hateful people :sob:

6 Likes

Everyone commenting on this post commits their own sins every single day but somehow you feel the need to judge just because people sin differently than you do. If you have nothing nice to say, move along. :v:

15 Likes

Try LGBT+ friendly dating apps. I’ve come across alot of trans men on HER. Taimi is another one I’ve heard about but I can’t speak to that one. Never used it but they do advertise as LGBT+ friendly.

i have an amazing transgender friend that has been on testosterone since 2018. he doesn’t have an issue dating, and it’s because he’s always open about it from the get go. if they leave they leave and if they stay- great.

1 Like

Look for transgender support groups near where you live, if there are none look for support online or by phone… I am sure that you’ll find many people who can relate to your struggles… Honestly though dating is hard no matter what your gender is.

It takes time to find the right one. Just be honest from the start if it’s meant to be they won’t care if your trans or not.

I do not have any advice. I just wanted to send hugs and love. I’m sorry you are being subjected to all the horrible people who have nothing better to do than hate others. I wish you the best of luck and the happiest of lives :heart:

5 Likes

And it probably will be for a long time, people don’t easily take to any kind of change to the norm. I’m sorry to say it, but it’s true.

9 Likes

Idk if my advice is valid because I’ve never experienced this but I’d just be blunt from the start. If your online dating put it in your Bio.

1 Like

It sounds like you’re passed the whole “I didn’t tell them then they freaked out” part as that long on testosterone and it goes without saying by looks. So, you’re doing great! You literally need only to get with like minded folks to mingle at this point in time :relaxed:

I just don’t understand why anyone would change their gender but I can say dating is difficult no matter what so maybe join a dating site for others like you. Good luck finding love :heart:

11 Likes

I say try bars. Some places have bars that are LGBT and do drag shows and all of that. Or download grindr, just be careful!:heart::heart:

1 Like

Find a group of like minded people who have no issues with who you are. I am sure there are others experiencing the same thing. Good luck.

It’s sad not everyone can be accepting. Maybe trying lgbt dating apps or finding lgbt groups in your area.

You have not found the right people yet. You’ll find the right people. The people you have experienced are definitely not your people , if they have issues. There are so so many people out there, good ones & I hope you find the right one. Things take time. Even The greatest of friendship sometimes take a lifetime to find. Dating is hard, be careful and be kind :hugs: perhaps avoid some of the ppl making comments on this thread :roll_eyes:

The right one will come along :heart:

Why do we have so many hateful men on a mama’s page? It’s unreal!

Anyways I can’t help with dating advice. Dating sucks! I just date myself lol

9 Likes

Maybe join some trans or LGBTQ+ social groups in your area? If you want to date someone CIS then you need to be honest that you were FAB early on as it does really matter to some. Think about quality rather than quantity and don’t be afraid to wait for the right person x

stop looking for love. when you are ready, love will find you.

so many insecure, transphobic people in these comments. your bitterness shows, it’s sad. i hope you find happiness too one day.

1 Like

money to make online work for everyone to stay at home and earn more than $ 500 a day online. I got $ 16,429 from this job last month and I only work 2 hours a day. It is very easy to work with and their regular income is better.

Info Here… https://moneyjobz103.surge.sh

4 Likes

I can see there being an issue being just because your on test to look like a man until you complete the transformation and have male genitals…some women man fell that they are dating a manly female? If the women are straight that your seeking to date until your complete I could see the issue they are having. Not taking away from you trying to be a man God bless your journey and good luck

1 Like

I think you need to be upfront from the beginning. It will save you time and heartbreak from people who are not interested. If you’re upfront then you know from the get go that the person is okay dating a transgendered individual before feelings get involved. Good luck. :heart:

14 Likes
  1. ALWAYS be honest.
  2. You should find a transgender support group.
6 Likes

Just as much as you’d like someone to respect that you are transgender, you also have to respect those who aren’t interested in dating a transgender. As long as everyone is respecting eachother, everyone has a right to their own opinions and feelings on dating and relationships.

47 Likes

Same as anyone else in the dating game, find someone like minded. Be up-front and respect those opposed. Best of luck finding your person :heart:

3 Likes

To all the people who say “be honest” do you know how many trans people get beaten because they say they were trans at the beginning? Trans people owe you nothing, cis people don’t have to inform their partner that they are cis, so why do trans people have to, you dont have to tell them anything. It is for safety. In my opinion try T4T which is a trans only relationship, for safety and comfort.

If you find someone who accepts and respects and LIKES you for who you are… you found them. You fou d a winner in the game of LOVE. Be happy with yourself first. The rest will come

I watched a documentary that kinda touched on this subject. Older members of the trans community were speaking about how they eventually ended up changing back to their original sex because they couldn’t find a partner who accepted them as they were for a long term relationship and they didn’t want to die alone.
I pray that you don’t have this experience but, it doesn’t seem uncommon.

Be upfront and honest. I would be really upset if someone wasn’t with me. Dating is hard. I’m a straight female and ugh it’s a wreck out there

I hope the Original poster ignores all the negative comments and see there is plenty more positive people who would be supportive, I wonder if there will ever be a day when everyone can be who they want to be without having to wake up and worry what others think… live and let live…its not hard

The Unitarian Universalist church is very welcoming and you might meet people there. Also if you have a chapter of the Gay Men’s Chorus in your area, I was surprised most are in it because it’s like a family, not necessarily for the singing. Very supportive group.

But yeah, meeting compatible people is tough for everyone. I’ve been single a long time myself. Just keep putting yourself out there: take classes, join groups, volunteer, go to online dating sites, but be safe. Kind of like networking for work.

1 Like

No matter what continue to be upfront about who you are! There is someone out there who will love you so much and be so thankful for you! They are worth the time you will spend looking!!

1 Like

You ever thought this is not normal Pray about it

27 Likes

You have to be upfront on this matter. If you are dating women as a transgender male you have to expect that some of these women would expect to start a family with their partner. And they would want to know that you were born a female and won’t be able to reproduce like normal.

5 Likes

The only reason this agenda is even pushed so hard by the media is to try and cut down on reproduction. Conquer and divide, conquer and divide, the elites agenda is so old and tired and most people have been perfectly programmed to not even notice that we live in a controlled society.

9 Likes

I don’t understand why this is here :woman_shrugging:
Like you do you but what does this have to do with “mamas uncut”

13 Likes

Most Women do not want to date a transgender. Women that are not Lesbian want born natual DNA men and same as men that ate not homosexual want natural born DNA women.

21 Likes

Most hetero women like bio phallus. There’s no toy or substitute for the pleasure derived from cis hetero PIV sex. Relationships aren’t all about sex but women enjoy sex and know what they want. For most hetero women, it’s a good man with a bio phallus that’s into them.

Why do you guys attack facts? Why can’t we all voice our opinion? It’s like if you have an opinion which happens to be factual, some of these women turn into bullies

3 Likes

As with all dating, it’s about compatibility.

2 Likes

Well for starters you have to be open and up front about your situation. You need to look for a type of person who is more open and to having a relationship with someone like you. (Im trying to say this in the most respectful way) you need to find someone who is compatible with you and who would be okay with using a sperm donor to have children if that’s what they want and what you want. I would honestly say to look in the LGBTQ for a non-binary person. They seem to be the most open and accepting people.

I am pan and though I don’t shout it from the rooftops, a lot of time I can tell if someone is trans and if they interest me then I’ll make the first move because I get that it is a smaller dating pool open to that. I don’t have any advice though on where to go to have more options or anything like that. But don’t let the negativity get to you from these comments, a lot of people are ignorant.

3 Likes

Find a transgender woman?

3 Likes

Honestly the only thing you can do is be honest and upfront from the get go.

The dating pool is much smaller which totally sucks but it is what it is. Start with the LGBTQ+ community, there are tons of dating groups that are friendly

2 Likes

I don’t have an “good”advice, I sucked at Dating! But a truth - Datings hard across the board! Be true to yourself!

4 Likes

Just be ur born right and stop trying …

20 Likes

Try finding transgender woman?

3 Likes

Check out Trans group in your local area. Some have social hangout activities but only seen them in the bigger cities. Good luck!

Kinda gross how many transphobic people in here commenting.

You likely will have the best luck finding someone who identifies as pansexual. Get involved in your communities LGBTQ+ groups and go from there!! Good luck! :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

23 Likes

Dating is hard for all!! Just be upfront AND HONEST

7 Likes

Dating is hard no matter who you are these days , but id look into LBGTI communities in your area

2 Likes

I’m a trans man as well as a mom. I only just started T though. Dating in general is hard, I agree join some Local LGBTQ+ groups!

5 Likes

It will be to some but just loke everyone else, you’ll get there.

Join a LGBT group? Idk. I mean there are straight ppl. , then there’s not so straight ppl… be upfront and go with it. My sis finds partners and she’s bi. And prefers to stick to a more masculine dress code and not be a he or a she… not easy for her to find ppl to date but good things dint come easy.aco worker in samespot but opposite and " Alice " will is original name has dated both.

2 Likes

Isn’t this a mothers group?!?!?!

18 Likes

Feel free to message me!
My partner is beginning to transition (FTM)!
I have a ton of Trans besties!
We run a LGBTQ+ FB group and so many of our babes have found partners within our group!! :heart_eyes::grin::heart:

12 Likes

Idk… but if you’re upfront and they don’t accept you, then that’s someone you don’t want. Dating is hard. No matter for whom. Good luck :heart:

5 Likes

Honestly, based on some of these judgmental remarks (reminds me why I hate most mom “support” groups), you’re best to ask in another group, such as All Parenting Groups Suck - Except For This One I highly recommend it, full of open minded individuals!

Dating is hard in general, especially this day in age.

1 Like

I believe there are apps you can use for LBGTI dating that people can chose from the sign up if they are interested in trans people too so it can automatically cut out people thst aren’t interested for you . Seen an add for one the other day judt can’t recalled what it was called

1 Like

Oh my god this post breaks my heart for you. I am so sorry for how some people are responding.
Dating in general right now is SO hard. Most people just want to fuck and move on.
You might have to look into some LGBTQIA+ apps. I unfortunately have no other advice, but I hope for the best for you, and am here if you ever need someone to talk to💕
Some people are disgusting and I really hope the negative comments you’re receiving aren’t hurting you in anyway.

1 Like

As long as you are upfront and honest about it.

1 Like

Reading the comments on this post are making me consider if I want to be a part of this group…

Dating is hard enough and lgbtq+ adds extra layers. I would say take it as an extra filter to get rid of people not good enough to be involved in your life.

Hang in there and the right people will find you, just like chosen family. :heart:

3 Likes

It will forever be an issue to most. I would say your demographic in the dating pool is quite small. Just be upfront straight away. It will be easiest for those who are not willing, to fall to the wayside. Wont keep you spinning your wheels and wasting your time and same for theirs.

Trans man here. Honestly, do a little research into trans/LGBTQ specific dating sites and things. Thankfully I’m married and not dealing w this anymore, but my inbox is open if you’d like to chat

1 Like

Learn to use your first god given unit before switching sides

2 Likes

I would onlyu imaghine evberyonme is different and so I would be gin there and find some one you like who doesn’t mind either way and likes you for yourself and start from there