How to escape a verbally abusive spouse?

I was in the same position for a few years, finally decided it was time and got the courage to leave, luckily had family i moved in with.
Maybe a family member can help. :pray:t3::pray:t3::pray:t3:

2 Likes

If you live in Queensland there is immediate assistance available for rent and bond. Call the police, get into emergency housing, no matter what state, there is support for you.
Material things can be replaced. You and your children can not be!
Good luck

3 Likes

Report him to the policeā€¦they will help you find somewhere to stayā€¦goid luckā€¦x

7 Likes

record it all, post to social media for shaming effect, and kick him out

2 Likes

There are places that help first I would call human surfaces they might know who yo contact

Go to the Emergency room, a Walk in clinic or even the police or fire department the next time you and the children are abused. They are mandatory reports. He will be reported to child protective services.

1 Like

If your a commonwealth bank member they used to give small grants, not sure if they still do but worth asking

Maybe change what you and your kids are doing? Maybe this is why heā€™s upset?

1 Like

Call police to take him awayā€¦not fair to you or kids!!

1 Like

If they are only a ā€œpartnerā€ why didnā€™t you use you and your kids stimulus money to get out?

2 Likes

Look up the laws that keep your kids with you. Go from there. Most charities and such work better for people with children. Proving you are doing everything for your kids is key. Keep records of everything. Receipts, time records, everything. You got this.

Check and see if the YWCA in your locality has help for abused women cause our local YWCA has COVE and they House women and children and help them get back on their feet till they find a place to stayā€¦ and also regular womenā€™s shelters too of course

1 Like

I really hope you and your kids can get out of the awful situation ur in . Good luck xxā€‹:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

Seak help as soon as possible cause the anger he uses to verb.abuse u , will soon turn physical

Call domestic abuse hotline they will move you and the kids .

1 Like

Get help from where ever, eg. welfare

18007997233ā€¦National Domestic Abuse hotlineā€¦get help

1 Like

Contact your local domestic abuse shelter

1 Like

Check with local churches, department of human services. They could help you with so many things!!! And Iā€™m sure DHS will give you a list of agencies that will help.

1 Like

How can strangers help you with this? What advice could anyone possibly give you without knowing details? What do you consider verbal abuse? What is the cause you cannot speak to him about your feelings and resolve it between yourselves? This is just simply not the right place to search for answers and definately not given the lack of information needed to counsel. Why should you and the children move out? Why is that your only option? Do you live in a house he owns or is solely in his name? So much left out hereā€¦

Go to a church and ask for help. Donā€™t tell.him you are leaving.

Any type of verbal abuse towards a spouse or children should never be tolerated, no matter the financial circumstances

1 Like

Just leave. No need to obtain money through deception. If you really care you will find a way.

1 Like

There is always going to be an excuse of why itā€™s not a good time, there is no best time. I planned really carefully. I was fortunate in having connections that worked for me, but doing little things like putting the extra blankets and linens in the car with the excuse of using the bigger machines at the laundromat, having all important paperwork in a binder so you can grab and go, extra clothing and shoes ready to go. (I had a corner in the garage for donations - I just marked my ā€œgetawayā€ bins differently so I grabbed and went.

2 Likes

Just save up and move out. It sucks you have to wait but just be patient, save up your deposit and move.

Womenā€™s shelter. U dont stay use people to get a financial gain and then shit on them by leaving. Makes u just as bad as the other person. Leave now

See if you can get a personal loan for the down payment!

If your in Aus dial 1800RESPECT
Lifeline Domestic and family violence
This link also has international resources
This link has several resources International Organizations
If you can talk to someone you
trust like a friend, co-worker, family member. Donā€™t risk it, get out now. You and your children deserve to be safe and to be treated with dignity and respect

Go to a shelter those kids will have long term mental abuse problems

Contact the domestic abuse helpline 08082000247

All the banks have help for domestic violence they have payments etc comm bank advertisea they do

Just do it. Do it broke. Doing
It scared. Just do it

Check local churches

Contact dr phils wife Robin she wull heil.

If you live in Melbourne there safe steps and orange door to call I used safe steps they were amazing they pick you up in taxi take you to a screat location put you up in hotel and will help you

2 Likes

Domestic shelter !!!

See if youā€™re parents will help you

Womenā€™s/family shelter.

1 Like

Have you tried calling HUD?

Consult a divorce attorney

Can you go to a shelter temporarily?

Battered Womenā€™s Shelter

Save $ 20 to 50 a month from groceryā€™s . You can do it then. I did that

2 Likes

Emerge! is a shelter for women and children in your situation.

There is help available. Abused women and children. Police department, cps.

Get your ass moving.

Your children will not learn to set goals unless they see you setting and reaching your own goals and visions.
Build a business which your children can inherent from you when youā€™re no more! #employeesucks
Start your financial freedom journey with mentor Marilyn Eleanor Anstey
Canā€™t recommend her enough

1 Like

I know for me, I could never take my kids to a womenā€™s shelter. Iā€™m not proud, I just think that would be so traumattic

Go to a womenā€™s shelter.

Check out First Step

Kick his ass out you have more right you have kids

Find a shelter please!

Get out! You nor the kids need to hear all of that. That is something with him and heā€™s taking it out on you. Good luck

1 Like

My X was that way. I told him he was an ass. I video taped him on day and showed it to him. I think he got the hint. Point taken. :point_right: He did change some. I prepped for the divorce and left a year later.

This is a last resortā€¦ but if you are healthyā€¦ you could sell your plasmaā€¦ that would clear you over $1000 in a short time and start a stash

a shelter. you need to leave yes it will be hard but in the long run this will affect your children in ways not good. goodluck i pray fr you n ur kids x

Why do you have no money

Def get with a domestic group to help you with leaving the verbal and financial abuser behind! Have proof backed up to safe places he has no access to like other peoples homes. Start researching small apartments, available jobs, etc. if your married most of the time stuff is split down the middle. Be prepared to file for custody as or right before you leave. And tell your family/ friends so they can check on you. Leaving is the most dangerous time.

Do cash back when shopping and stash it away also buy gift cards. Lawyer up if u canā€™t afford one put it on a credit card thatā€™s in both names.

Buy a bag of gummies replace them with melatonin gummies or a bunch of thc gummies let him eat them all when heā€™s passed out and take everything :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

Women shelters will help thatā€™s how I got out and best thing iv ever done

In vic and maybe throughout Australia most banks have domestic violence funds, they help with bond money and food, comm bank definitely does it, Centrelink can also help with money, police will remove him as o CD covid hit they decided the mum and kids need to stay in the home, they remove the father/boyfriend ect.

Well if you can not afford to leave and no one out there to help you financially then smash your face on something and call the police they will take him change the locks if its his place it donā€™t matter you been li I g there you have a right to be there my heart goes out to you if I didnā€™t have a family id take care of it for you

I waited til my ex husband made a threat then went right down to my family court house for full restraining order same day and got him out 2 years later my divorce just became final

Battered womanā€™s shelter start searching for resources in your area I spent years stick where you are eventually things changed and he was himself again I feel back in love to find heā€™d been having an affair for 2 years and she was about to have a baby he hadnā€™t spoken to her since I found out itā€™s been over a year and Iā€™m still not ok and she isnā€™t either we talk almost daily she lives so far away he was driving 20 hours a week to have her work with him and spend 3 night a week with him when he hasnā€™t slept in our room in 3 I waited 10 years before I trusted our relationship enough to have the babies he wanted so badly when they were 4 and 2 his affair started he loves me more than ever and I love him more than I ever have but I feel fucking stupid and wish I had walked away when it was verbal abuse before I discovered the affair before he made me fall back in love with him he broke.me and I let him. I proud of you for.being strong enough to know itā€™s time to leave and make steps to do so I wasnā€™t and I thought I was unhappy thenā€¦I had no idea how bad it could and would become get out before he breaks you down completely

1 Like

Shame on some of you people shaming or questioning this woman on what she did to bring on verbal abuse. You donā€™t have to do anything wrong to get abused. Itā€™s the abusers fault. Get out ASAP. Donā€™t let it go on any longer it will never get better.

Google women shelter and the name of your town it should bring up a place to call. If that doesnā€™t work Call your information center for your Court House or City hall ask if they have a phone number for women shelter.

Put ā€œ Ask Izzyā€ into google it comes up all services close by, housing assistance, food assistance, legal advice, community advise, itā€™s all there.

Alert authorities and have a restraining order put into effect.

better to live in a shelterā€¦than to put up with that sort of abuseā€¦There are shelters who take in women who are escaping that sort of abuseā€¦Many times verbal abuse may escalate to physical abuseā€¦You probably should seek legal adviceā€¦to know where you standā€¦When you speak of your partnerā€¦does that mean a live in or a spouse? If you are not married that limits your legal rightsā€¦so you do need adviceā€¦He is free to cut and runā€¦and leave you in the soupā€¦It is important to know where you standā€¦I used to tell my daughter in law to have a slush fundā€¦somewhere just in caseā€¦so might suggest the same for youā€¦In the old days they called it pin moneyā€¦

Save money that your spouse doesnā€™t know about until you have enough to leave, it worked for me once in my life.

The longer your there your kids will learn that behaviorā€¦

Zoie Benfell this you?

Is there any family you can stay with?