How to gain weight?

Take in more protein and eat 6 small meals a day l only gained 12lbs my first pregnancy but l was very active and walked alot

I wouldn’t listen to that recommendation. As long as your eating when you are hungry and not dieting its not an issue. I only gained 9lbs my whole pregnancy my kid is fine. Just ate healthier. And walked more.

Fatty foods. And bread

I am not as petite as you, idk if that changes things, but i only gained about 6lbs at 20 weeks maybe less. I’m only up 14 at 28 weeks. My midwife is more concerned with my measurements as in when she measures my belly/uterus as opposed to weight and also second trimester scan. Many women dont gain the suggested 30/35 lbs and have healthy babies.

Up your protein intake. Nuts, seeds, legumes, lean meats, cheese, and other dairy. Also finding a decent protein shake should help as well.

1 Like

Your baby wont suffer, you will. Your teeth will. Boost protein shakes are tasty and packed with goodness and easy to drink if not hungry.

Shakes or smoothies, drinking the calories is easier!

Im 4’9 and was about 90 pounds before pregnancy… I only got to 112 pounds at birth and had a healthy baby… I was all baby weight… As long as baby is growing you will be fine… you can drink the Ensure drinks to help keep weight on or gain some more. just realize that you are a small woman and will have a small baby and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that

1 Like

Doctor wanred me to drink ensure

You are eating right? And taking a vitamin?!!! You are okay. You don’t need to gain extra weight.

I gained about 45lbs throughout my pregnancy and literally ate nothing. I lost 15lbs immediately after having her, like the same day (she was only 7lbs 13oz of it).
I ate most really lean protein during my pregnancy (I ate once a day usually, couldn’t handle any more than that) and when I wasn’t feeling solids, my super sweet husband would find recipes for smoothies that were basically a meal

I gain 8kg in the 9 months pregnant with my son.
If baby healthy who cares WEIGHT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BABY.

So long as your eating something and keeping your fluids up
His advice is dumb advice.

Also you are a petite woman the baby is likely to be petite as well

I did not gain any weight with one of my girls, just ate normally and healthy

Take in more protein! I did the breakfast essentials shakes! I didn’t get hungry, but did get thirsty and it helped me take in my calories, and quench the thirst

I lost 30 pounds during my first pregnancy and an additional 10 after delivery. My daughter was 6lb, 7oz - 20 inches long. During my 2nd pregnancy I lost 20 lbs and 10 again after delivery. My son weighed 7lbs- 20 inches long. I was never sick or vomited in pregnancy. Ate normally.

Not everyone gains during pregnancy yet has completely healthy sized babies.

1 Like

Oml first pregnancy I lost 15kg no one battered an eyelid. 2nd pregnancy gain 2kg, never a concern unless your baby isn’t growing

Protein. But it’s not about weight gain but eating a balanced diet and getting your iron and sleep. Expect to gain a pound a week in the last 4 weeks of your pregnancy. Good luck

Carnation breakfast drinks a couple times throughout the day. Good luck and congratulations on the baby!