How to get a toddler to stay in their own bed?

How in the world do yall get your toddlers to stay in their room at night without locking them in? my 18 month old constantly gets out of bed to come to my bed and i would like my space back help

32 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How to get a toddler to stay in their own bed? - Mamas Uncut

Just keep putting them back, no matter how many times it takes. Don’t stop don’t give in

11 Likes

You likely don’t like to sleep alone… why would a defensless infant?? Allow child to sleep with you or spend more time in their bed… and keep at it, patiently… their security is you.

9 Likes

just let them sleep with you they grow up so fast and one day they will be gone

7 Likes

You don’t you snuggle the life outta them in your bed forever…. Jk :joy: I’m lost too

1 Like

At this age they’re developing the sense of being in danger or whatever it’s called lol Being alone in the dark at night feels scary to them. Let them crawl in bed with you. They’ll get over it after a while and start sleeping on their own bed again.

7 Likes

I also have this trouble…both my kids cry to sleep in the bed with us

As my 16 month old just cried and got back in my bed I have been slowly transitioning him into his own. Keep doing it no matter how frustrating or tired you are. You got this mama

I can’t stand people that are like “then why don’t you let them” maybe she needs her space after a long day. I use to strictly co sleep with all my kids but my youngest is 2 now and I prefer my bed at night being my space. Nothing to be ashamed about and y’all should stop trying to make folks feel bad .

14 Likes

Put a gate on the door way at night time

4 Likes

Oh Lawdy…. Takes me back!!! 30 years!!!

1 Like

Ahhh. We put a small wooden gate up and kept our door open I checked every 5 mins and laid her back down. Said mommy was right outside her door.
Honestly I have 4 kids and this rarely worked. I’ve also done the sit next to them till they fall asleep and after a week i moved further and further away from the bed. And finally my kids were able to sleep alone without me after like 2 months of slowly moving. But there are a million Ways. I’ve tried a million things my oldest 2 thought sleep was for sissys.

I have 7 children and all my children sleep in there own beds apart from my middle boy he goes to bed but 9 times out of 10 he ends up bk in with me he’s been like that since day 1 i never did anything different he just wants that extra time. I gave in taking him back to he’s bed cuz that boy was never gonna stop :rofl: but the way i see it b4 you no it they won’t want to b in mummy’s bed they will b all big and grown and not want that extra let them b while there young u will miss it wen they grow x

1 Like

Should have gates on their room anyway???

Just keep putting them back. My 4 year old still comes to my bed

My daughter most nights will fall asleep with her dad and ill move her once im ready to go to bed. Then in the mornings shell get up and come lay down with me and cuddle me and go back to sleep. Lately she’s been cold because of the air being on and comes and cuddles and sleeps for a bit longer.

2 Likes

I have no idea. My children removed themselves from my bed as they got near 5 and 6 years old and I was a little upset about it. I knew it was over when my youngest child informed me in a very grown up manner that he felt like he was too old to sleep in my bed and he asked me if it would hurt my feelings if he starts sleeping in his bed in his room. :roll_eyes::joy: I wasn’t a fan of his decision but whatever. :clap::joy: Now my bed is empty unless there’s a thunderstorm or some random illness that requires extra snuggles. :pleading_face::pleading_face: They are only little for a little while. Keep your bed open as long as you can…you’ll miss it when they don’t even want you to ask them how their day went. I know it doesn’t seem like that day will ever come but it will. :pensive:

1 Like

I laid down with them till they fell asleep

I rock mine to sleep in my room and move her to her bed. No kid wants to fall asleep alone. Allow the toddler to fall asleep in your room, rock the baby, then move them to thier bed once asleep. She’s asleep in my bed now at her dad’s feet

2 Likes

Read them a story book,in their own bed… once they get sound asleep, they will sleep all night, unless they are not feeling well…
Reading a bedtime story helps them to relax and think happy thoughts…
Worked for me with my kids and grandkids.

1 Like

Honestly its mostly consistence. When they come in take them to bed straight away. Im on my 4th kid and sometimes i win and sometimes i lose lol. You got this mama xx

I always told my husband to be patient one day they won’t want to sleep with us, they’re 16 and 19 now and they wouldn’t dare.

2 Likes

Welcome to the next 5-7 years of your life. They get out of bed for everything known to man. They need hugs, they need water, they need a pull up, there’s monsters under the bed, they want a story… It. Never. Ends.

4 Likes

I have a child lock on her door. Have done since she could open them (now 2.5). Its for her safety as if she could get out, she wouldn’t come to me. I think she’d get upto mischief haha. And also I honestly deserve my space at night to make sure I’m recharged and can start fresh in the morning. She has a camera and if she wakes up and needs me, I go to her. She’s never without what she needs, but she also knows lights off means we’re in our bed.

3 Likes

After about ten years this should stop…

2 Likes

Keep putting her back every time she will get it
Thats all you gotta do

4 Likes

Just keep putting them back in bed, don’t give in and just let them sleep in your bed or they’ll know that’s what’s going to happen anyway and will continue to do it. Don’t get grumpy, just say come on its bed time and take them back. Have a bedtime routine… Dinner, bath, brush teeth, read a book and bed… Keep it the same and they’ll just know that’s what’s going to happen.

2 Likes

I have a child safety cover on my daughters bedroom door which prevents her from opening it.

Consistently taking them back to their bed. Mine is 7 and still comes to my room… i walk him back and he falls right asleep. My downfall is when I am so tired, I let him stay. I figure if I stopped doing that, he would have learned by now :laughing: but they are only little once. He is my youngest and my last. I’ll take the cuddles and have my own space at work :woman_shrugging:

This was almost as hard as toliet training for me…

1 Like

They need to be back in a crib then.

2 Likes

Duct tape and Velcro straight jackets…

3 Likes

Its a toddler. They will grow up and eventually stay in their rooms forever untill you scream to come out. Cuddle your child.

5 Likes

I’m the odd one out but I co sleep and right around the age of 2 my son got a big boy bed and he wanted to sleep in it. It was in my room but he slept in his bed all by himself. Think about this though as adults do WE sleep alone? NO MOST of us sleep with our spouse so WHY do we make our babies and children sleep alone? And don’t say because it’s safer.

7 Likes

I have had a baby gate for my room since my 3 yr old could walk lol. She either sleeps in her bed, or on the couch. I don’t mind either way because she gets sleep. My oldest is 16 years old, and my middle is 13 yrs, so may have given up at this point :rofl:

1 Like

Baby gate at the door. My daughter sleeps on the floor half the time

4 Likes

I have a friend who has a toddler and she rewards her with jelly beans that is the only time she gets them

Mine never came in my room - they were in a cot until about 2 and half though as not climbers. I would have put up a baby gate if they did though. Although , obviously you have to get up and go to them if they needed me - which mainly started when they were not wearing nappies. Bath, Game, Books, Song, sleep, walk out and be consistent. If I wanted mine in bed early if I stuck to this routine, they still went to sleep if it was 5pm or 7pm !! Good Luck, as all children and situations are different, you have to do was right for you.

Children are not meant to be independent from us, especially babies and toddlers. I read and sing to my children till they fall asleep.
And get all the snuggles. Doesn’t last forever.
They all sleep with me till they are ready for their own room. No one wants to sleep alone. I will move mattresses in my room.

We are mammals, so the pack likes to stay together. It’s only biologically normal…

12 Likes

I Get Paid 0ver $ 110 per hour w0rking from h0me. I never thought l’d be able to d0 it but my colleague makes over $ 13898 a m0nth doing this and she convinced me t0 try. The p0ssibility with this is limitless.

SEE MORE HERE…>> https://LifeStyles17.pages.dev

2 Likes

All my kids slept in my room at one point. I told them that they could sleep in my room, but, they had to make a bed on the floor first. It helped. They made a comfy bed and I got my space back and then eventually they started to creep back to their own room.

1 Like

They grow out of it. I say this as my three year old comes into my room every morning between 5-7am for snuggles :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::joy:

1 Like

my 7year old daughtr still sleeps with me …she dnt wanna be in her room…i really need hlp also lol :joy:

1 Like

With both of mine I put a toddler bed at the foot of my bed at age 1. Once they got used to sleeping in it instead of in my bed, I put the bed in their room. They were already used to laying in it while I read them a bedtime story. So once they were asleep I gave it a few minutes and tiptoed out. There was a baby gate in the outer doorframe. Even if they woke up and opened the door they couldn’t get out. I would hear them on the monitor and tuck them back in.

1 Like

l get paid over $ 177 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $ 20153 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://incomeprojects25.pages.dev/

My daughter has a gate at her door.

Let your child sleep with you. It flies by and she/is only a toddler.

4 Likes

I don’t… :joy: I have a 9 month old and 5 year old that won’t sleep without being in my room. Maybe try putting a toddler bed in your room? That way maybe he/she will get used to their own bed but know that momma is close then eventually work to put it back in his/her room. My daughter goes back and forth from wanting to sleep in her bed to wanting to be in mine. She kicks so much in her sleep that the baby gets woke up so we compromise most nights and she has a pallet on the floor next to my bed. Maybe try that a few nights?

1 Like

I would never babygate or lock my child in it’s room. What if a fire happens over night? It’s way easier to save a kid arms length away.

5 Likes

l get paid over $187 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $18591 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

M0re Info. https://amazingearning293.pages.dev/

Welcome to parenthood. Enjoy the early years because soon enough they are teens and want nothing to do with you

3 Likes

I layed in his bed with him forever until he was comfortable with me leaving or falls asleep but he goes to bed now on his own sometimes they just need that comfort

1 Like

You just gotta respect it’ll take them time. We let them sleep with us if they keep coming back but we move them to their bed and we also give them device to watch YouTube 4 kids. But if they come to our bed at night or w.e we let them sleep with us. Although it sucks it’s something to be thankful about because later as they grow u won’t have that option to cuddle or love them or get your little toddler back again. It takes time let it be.

2 Likes

Let them be little let them sleep in the middle.Kids grow up too fast.let them sleep with you til they are ready.you wont regret it while they sleep.

2 Likes

That is why I never co slept

4 Likes

l get paid over $187 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $18591 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

M0re Info. https://amazingearning320.pages.dev/

If you figure it out let me know lol

My 5 son didn’t sleep in his own bed til he was 3 and I had given in and gotten him a full size bed. He refused to sleep in a toddler bed. I currently have an 18 month old little girl. She sleeps in my bed. I’m working with her, I put her toddler bed in my room. She likes to snuggle next to me while she’s asleep. It takes time and patience

Get a crib tent off of Amazon! Best purchase I’ve ever made.

Good luck :smiley: my youngest is 6 and still gets in the bed with me… And every now and then my 9 year old will still do it too.

Good luck lol I’m still working on that

Be consistent. Keep putting them back immediately until they stay.

3 Likes

I just wanna know how y’all have “adult” lives with your spouses with a baby or toddler in the bed, or even the same room :woozy_face:
Single mom thread?

1 Like

Toddlers are still developing at a crazy rate. Their days are so full of play and stimulation, and now they have voices but still trouble with effectively communicating their new, big feelings. They still need parent snuggles and comforts, despite their often fierce independence. I’m in this now with our 2yo who has co-slept most of his life. When he wakes up and tries to come in our bed, I take him back to his and snuggle there, so he knows he still can get the emotional support he needs, when he needs it, but in HIS room now. He still comes in our bed for morning wake up snuggles, but I’m ok with that. It takes time!

5 Likes

Awe that’s still so little to say no. Now I’m my case my 5 year old still does it😩. He comes to our bed in the middle of the night or early morning and goes back to sleep. I’ve talked to the Dr about it and he said you just have to take them back to their bed. And keep doing that until they don’t come anymore. I don’t like getting up in the middle of the night or early morning because I sometimes have a hard time going back to sleep.

1 Like

To be honest I never let my toddler in my bed til they were older and knew to stay in their own. They usually come to mine if scared or sick. But over all stay in their own. I consistently put them in their beds and made them stay.

2 Likes

Watch Supernanny on You Tube

Girl once you have kids
You lose your personal space :joy:
Their only babies once
Cherish it cuz soon they’ll be teens and won’t want anything to do with you and you’ll be wishing they crawled in your bed one more time

5 Likes

We have a gate for their doorway. Wasnt working just letting em roam free. Also worried me. Since my son loves to get into everything

1 Like

Please enjoy it. I miss the snuggles and you will too someday. It’s hard when you are going thru it but trust me on this one.

6 Likes

We kept my child in a crib until 3 years. She has one of those over priced convertible cribs so we just took the metal grate out at the bottom and put her mattress on the floor. Bought us a whole year :rofl:

My son is turning 6 this month and still won’t sleep all night in his bed. It’s kinda just a thing you gotta deal with till they are old enough to understand everyone needs their space. I’m hoping when his baby sister gets here he will realize he can sleep better in his room and not be woke up by an infant all night.
To the people who wanna know how you keep the adult life with a kid going in and out of the bed. You do it while the kid is asleep in their bed and clean up and get dressed directly after otherwise you have to rush to get dressed after they crawl into the bed.

We waited till Veronica was 3 and she was so happy with her house bed that for the most part she stays in her own bed.

You might try side rails. You could also try turning off his light, making sure no light gets into his room from the hall or bathroom, using blackout curtains over his window, and try placing a favorite toy on the bed next to him. You might also try a noise machine in his room, out of his reach, so that he can’t hear noise from the house.

Duct tape? Lol just kidding.

2 Likes

Mines 16month & is still in her cot. She’ll be in it for a while yet, she’s just learning to walk so hasn’t mastered climbing yet so we don’t need to give up the cot anytime soon

Mine did that, I just took her back to her room and laid down with her till she fell back to sleep, Finally, Night night was just a book or a story, You will get there They grow up so fast

l get paid over $157 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $18347 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

M0re Info. https://amazingearning387.pages.dev/

What I do is I wait til they fall asleep then carry them back to their own beds I have a 3 yr old and a almost 2 yr old with a 4 month old so try it next time once they snuggle with you as soon as they asleep put them back in their own beds that way you can get your snuggles and your bed back lol

2 Likes

With my youngest - she’s 22 months old - she still sleeps in her crib for the most part (she hasn’t learned how to escape yet) we do the whole bedtime routine bit. Bath, jammies, nursing and then she goes in to her crib until around 4am when she wakes up for morning boob. I just make it a point to enjoy my “space” and/or sleep between 8pm-4am.

A baby gate at child’s bedroom door keep door open and put up gate

1 Like

Baby gate or door shut, it’s safest to have the door shut in case of a fire too

We did gentle sleep training while still in his pack n play but in his own room. We would lay him down and rub his back until he was sleepy or fully asleep and walk out. Now that he’s in a toddler bed, we still rub his back but shorten the time in order for him to understand that eventually he will have to lay down for bed and then we will leave his room for him to fall asleep on his own. We still have a baby monitor just in case but in the morning he opens his door grabs his blankey and bunny and runs to our room to let us know he’s awake :rofl::heart:

Carry her bed into your room Let her sleep there She is still a baby

I put a baby gate up when mine went to bed, they could stand and yell for me and I’d settle them back down in there bed

1 Like

We put a baby gate up. When they started climbing it, we put a door alarm on the door so we know when they were up. It’s a phase unfortunately

Absolutely 100% dark room. No TV. No lights. No noise. Got my 3 year old to stay in bed all night and never get out

It’s the hardest job ever… my first daughter was a total nightmare… I did everything… when reading a story gradually moving the chair out … you name it … I did it all … I would find her outside our bedroom door on the floor… it was awful… took ages …… my second I thought ‘hell no’ I just put her in and that was that … no prob. They are all different but they have to learn to fall asleep on their own.

I did my research correctly, i must confess nobody handles cryptocurrency as Mrs Elizabeth James does i’ve had the privileged of working and investing with her and i must say she’s the best

I alone won’t express how thankful I’m to you, for connecting me to your platform it has been a good opportunity for me and my family thank you have

I now believe in stock trading after withdrawing my profit through the help of Mr’s Elizabeth James . I really appreciate all her effort and support thanks to her… click on the link below to contact her you too can benefit from her platform just like me all you need to do is to reach out to her
:paintbrush::paintbrush::paintbrush:

I’m proud to say I’m among the people benefiting from online trading, my gratitude to Mrs Elizabeth James shows for helping me achieve all my dreams in life. She elavates me financially, Today I’m living in my own apartment, doing things I was not able to do. Who ever that is reading this should contact Mrs. Elizabeth James with the links down here and testify like me :point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down: