How to get baby to keep pacifier in their mouth?

My son did the same and then we got a wubanub and kinda tucked in the blanket and it worked. Eventually he will learn to hold it in. Or you can try a different kind

MAM pacifiers are the best!! That’s the only kind both of my boys would use!

1 Like

Try a wubbanub, it helps prop it in their mouth, my daughter loves hers!

1 Like

Do you know they come in different sizes. My hospital stuffed a bottle nipple with collar with paper towel.The nipple much softer then binky.They attached to a cloth diaper so it could be propped into place or hugged by older baby.

Same issue. We use the wubanub hedgehog one. It holds it up awesomely and it’s got short legs so those don’t get in the way or knocked out by babies arms
https://www.amazon.com/Mary-Meyer-Wubbanub-Pacifier-Sunshine/dp/B07887XR9D/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?keywords=wubbanub+hedgehog&qid=1555544820&s=gateway&sr=8-1

3 Likes

Gaffer tape? lol seriously though I have no idea Mine never would take one.

I have been reading the comments on here and I am just wanting to know what does tounge tied mean? It has been posted in the comments section so many times, I was just curious.

I use the mam binki lol :joy: my one month old son still spits it out, especially when fighting his sleep

Try a different brand, I went through 5 different types before my LO found one he liked and would use

1 Like

Has he got a tongue tie?

I loved the mums brand

Have the doctor check to see if his Tongue is tied it’s the flap up under his tongue is connected I much

1 Like

I just didn’t bother giving either of my boys one as soon as I saw that they wouldnt hold it in their mouths on their own. Luckily I never had an issue with them without it.

Mam pacifiers stay in pretty well my son loves them

1 Like

This is the only one I could get my son to take.

Wubbanubs! Pacifiers with a toy animal attached. They can grab on to them or it just has more weight to stay in their mouths!

2 Likes

Mine never liked them I didn’t force it and thankfully she wasn’t ever attached one less thing to wean the baby from.

1 Like

He’s a baby, he has a small mouth, and is still learning to suckle. My son couldn’t keep his in on his own till near 3 months

My oldest used one and he was over a year old before I decided to cut the top of the passy off so he couldn’t suck on it and did the same with all his others… It made it easier to get rid of them… My youngest wouldn’t take one at all and I was happy that he didn’t it was one less thing to have to take away when he got old enough… I say don’t give it to him you will be happier in the long run without him having it.

Let him cry. He’ll get over it and doesn’t need it.

5 Likes

Get one with a lip. My kiddo had that issue

MAM 6m+ paci! My girl has a cleft palate and is unable to make the suction needed to hold her paci in. The nipple is bigger so it stays in better

My son did that too. I found it was the type I had. We literally tried every brand until he latched on to one. Same went with bottle nipple types! And he ended up doing best with one type of paci and another type of bottle nipple. Hang in there momma!

Put a bit of soft material in the holes at the sides of the dummy and attach it to his ears like you would a pair of glasses

Sensible option is to check for tongue tie and or a different comfort

Don’t give it to him he will forget about it.