How to get baby to sleep through the night?

Ok this might seem kinda dumb but how long do your littles sleep. Mine is 10 months and every site I see says he’s supposed to sleep 1.5 to 3 hours 2x a day and he sleeps 30 mins 3 times a day. He will not sleep longer than 40 mins no matter what we try is this normal or should I talk to his Dr

6 Likes

My 17 month old only takes 1 nap for about 1 ½ hour. It’s normal.

1 Like

11 months and has 2 naps. One for 30 mins and the other for 1.5 hours. Before that she was having 3 30 min naps so we cut one out and dragged her second one out longer

Our little girl has a serious case of FOMO and she naps more as a 1 year old than she did as a baby. Some days she wouldn’t nap at all. She’s hitting all her milestones just fine. My philosophy is that baby will sleep when they’re tired!

2 Likes

My daughter is almost 10 months and sleeps about 30-45 minutes 2 or 3 times a day. Her brother and sister are usually up and loud. :rofl: she usually goes to bed around 8 or 9pm and sleeps until 5am most days, takes a bottle and goes back to bed until 7am when the older two get up.

None of my kids sleep thru the none take a nap and they sleep maybe 1 to 2 hours a stretch

Every kid has their “normal.”

1 Like

6 months. Internet says she should only be sleeping 3.5 hours during the day and 11 hours at night. She sleeps all day (on and off) until about 2 o clock, takes a short half hour nap (in the car on the way home) and is up until anywhere from 8 to 10 at night.
She sleeps when she gets tired, eats when she is hungry.
Believe me. I have tried putting her on a schedule since day one and this little girl has a mind of her own.
I would mention it to your dr, just to be safe. But I can almost guarantee that baby is just fine

My 5 month old rarely naps for longer than 30 minutes and only a couple of times throughout the day, and this has been consistent since he was about 2 months old. I was really worried because I know sleep is important for proper brain development, but his pediatrician wasn’t concerned because he sleeps through the night, roughly 8 to 9 hours before waking briefly for a bottle and diaper change, then he crashes back out. Usually doesn’t get up and want to be up until around 10 am. Then 10 am to 10 pm, he just doesn’t really nap.

My 4 year old didn’t sleep longer than 45min-2 hours until he was closer to 3. Our 2 year old just started three days ago sleep threw the night. It’s normal

At that age 2 naps for about an hour each is normal

All 3 of my kids r no sleep soldiers

All infants go through sleep regression, normal

Every child is different. Some just aren’t great sleepers. If you’ve tried everything and it doesn’t change, that’s just him. The typical for your child’s age is 2 naps a day. Most go for about an hour in the morning and 1-1.5 hours in the afternoon. I do home child care and that’s the norm.

Every baby/child is different. My son cried every single night from 10pm-7:45 the first 2 months. And from 6 months to almost a year, he only napped for about 45 minutes at a time.

Mine never had naps… Well my boy anyway. He didn’t want to miss anything.

Normal. When my children were small if they were sleeping more then 1 hour during the day, I woke them up and hit them moving and playing outside do they would have earlier bedtimes.

They r individual if u r ok with it then let it go

sounds normal remember everyone is different

My daughter dropped all naps by 6 months and didn’t sleep more than 4 hours broken sleep over night until she was 3.5 years old :joy::joy:
In her defense, she had obstructive sleep apnea, and once she was old enough for her operation at 3, it took only six months for her to break out of the habit of waking constantly.
The point is, all of these guides are ideals, but every kid is different and there isn’t really a “normal” blanket that fits all kids.

Mine stopped napping at 9 months. All kids are different

Every child is different, therefore require different needs. My daughter stopped all naps before she was 8 months (:cry:)but slept through the night since 5 days old. I freaked as she needed to eat, change diaper etc. Pediatrician said she was fine. She’s 13 now and still doesn’t sleep much but a perfect, smart girl otherwise! Their bodies will do as it needs in the sleep department…

My son is 8 months old and takes 3 naps a day lasting an hour or more. Just this morning i watched a whole two hour movie. He sleeps about 9-10 hours uninterrupted in the night (8pm-6:30/7:30)

1 Like

Every baby is different and as long as he is getting the rest he needs then don’t worry

He’s fine kids make their own schedules

Babies sleep whenever and wherever they will sleep 2hours or three my lot did and they slept all night …there is no rules for a child to sleep if they are tired let them nod off their bodies need it … crikey if am tired I nod off in my armchair. If grandkids are with me they will do the same I have a rocking chair there is always a wrestle who gets on it …magic times

Thank you all. He doesn’t act overtired. I feel like this should be common sense but my ftm worries have me doubting everything. He naps 30 mins 2-3x/day and sleeps most of the night (10.5-11hrs)