How to get baby to sleep through the night?

Tips for dealing with sleep regression? My daughter is almost 11 months and had been sleeping through the night since 6 months. So basically just long enough for me to get used to sleeping again. Shes now waking up between 5 and 7 am every morning for a bottle then goes back to sleep for an hour or so.

4 Likes

Waking once at that time of morning isn’t considered a sleep regression.

11 Likes

Stop giving her a bottle and she will learn that it is sleep time. She may fuss but she will go back to sleep

5am and 7am (especially 7 am) would technically be normal wake up times for children. Can’t expect them to sleep till noon. Most are early risers.

8 Likes

Maybe give her something heavier to eat before you put her to bed.
I would always feed my babies gerber right before bed.

my daughter is 10 months old. she takes a bottle around 7 or 8, then goes to bed around 9. she will wake up for a bottle around 4, but sleeps in until about 9 or 10 on the weekends ( during the week we wake up earlier due to work). She use to wake up around 7 also but if I put her to bed around 9…she wakes up later, with one bottle around 4 or 430 am.

My Son was pretty young when we started giving him cereal but he NEEDED it and still woke up for bottles. Once he got older and was eating regular food he was waking up about that time and we would go downstairs and he would eat a breakfast bar that I cut up into small pieces and after that we would fall asleep in the recliner for a few more hours. I would say she is waking up at a normal time for kids. The only time mine sleep later is during summer vacation and they are almost 9 and 10.

I always pushed the bedtime last bottle till 9 or ten so my daughter would wake up at 6 or 7. It was perfect timing because I had to work

Put some water in her bottle and lay it where she can see it when she wakes up. My daughter would wake up because she was thirsty and once I started this she would take a drink and go back to sleep without even waking me up. Definitely wouldn’t consider waking up once at that time sleep regression. She could also be going through a little bit of a growth spurt

Normal growth spurts check out The Wonder Weeks and their development chart I’ve included a link with a quick overview :slightly_smiling_face:

My son always wakes up between 6-7 🤷 but he goes to bed around 7:30 and usually stays asleep the whole night. He has a mobile aquarium thing we got from Walmart and if he does wake up he turns it on and it helps him go back to sleep on his own .

It’s normal for a kid to wake up for feedings 1-3 times a night until around 18 months old. Just gotta deal.