How to get baby to sleep through the night?

Soo my 1month old(2 months on the 29th this month) son is falling asleep during the day but after maybe 10mins of being asleep he wakes up and starts crying or just wakes up… He’ll be fed, changed, swaddled, music, ect… I can hold him and hes a bit easier to put to sleep, he’ll look at me half asleep for a good 30mins fightin sleep but as soon as i lay him down hes awake and crying… Is this part of his colic?? Is he just fighting sleep real bad?? Or did i just create an arm baby??haha He sleeps perfectly at night… Goes to bed no later than 10, wont wake up till 3-4am and then again between 5am and 7am… But during the day he barely sleeps… And is just not happy very much if he’s awake…

3 Likes

This is just a newborn stage there won’t be any sleep pattern just yet. Is there any signs of gas issues or acid reflux?

He just wants to be snuggled by you.

My son is almost 3mn and has been doing this I’ve found if I take him in a dark room (I have black out curtains)
He sleeps longer he takes 2 4hr naps in there plus at night
And 4 15 min naps

When my girl was that age I would just lay down on the couch with her while she took a nap. I’d just lay her down on the couch, to get used to not being in my arms, but I’d lay beside her so she could still feel me breathe and my heartbeat! She was never colicky, but she wouldn’t nap near long enough until I started doing this. For her I think it was just a comfort thing & not being used to being out the womb!

1 Like

When my girl was that age I would just lay down on the couch with her while she took a nap. I’d just lay her down on the couch, to get used to not being in my arms, but I’d lay beside her so she could still feel me breathe and my heartbeat! She was never colicky, but she wouldn’t nap near long enough until I started doing this. For her I think it was just a comfort thing & not being used to being out the womb!

My 2 month old is the same way. He has to be held by me or on the boob if he’s awake. He’s a really happy baby and doesn’t cry much. But during the day he barely sleeps. It also doesn’t help that I have a very hyperactive 3 year old and runs and screams through the house and wakes him up. He sleeps better on my chest tho

He just wants to be held. I don’t believe you can over hold a baby.

Have you tried putting him to bed an hour or two earlier? 10 at night seems a little late for a child that age.

When my son had gas issues we tried gripe water and it never helped. We switched to Little Remedies gas relief drops and would put some in his bottles too and that worked wonders. Maybe try some gas drops and burp him good before he goes down. Good luck, mama!

So I figured out that if I waited until my babies were in deep sleep to lay them down they went to sleep easier. So say we rocked for 30 min and then fell asleep I would give them another five to 10 minutes after to lay them down they would sleep better that way.

Belly ache! Not being burped enough

My daughter was the same way and essentially was my growth until a few weeks ago lmao it should get better but if not he probably just is most comfortable in your arms and can tell the diff

My daughter was that way and I started wearing her in a wrap against my chest so she would get her naps, feel close to me, and I could still get things accomplished around the house. She eventually got on a normal schedule and started napping in her crib at 4 months.