How to get baby to sleep through the night?

In need of some help and advice,
My little one will be 2 in July and I’m due with his sister in August. For the past 6 months his sleep cycle is all off, he used to go to bed around 8:30-9 in his own bed and be fine, lately he will only co-sleep in our bed and won’t go to sleep until we do which is like 9:30-10 sometimes later. My question is how do I get him to sleep earlier or try to get him back on an earlier bed time? He doesn’t want to wake up for daycare in the mornings because he is so tired. We get him up at 7:45, what is a good time he should be going to sleep?

Get him on a strict bedtime routine and stick to it. Do bath followed by quiet time and no electronics. Do the routine at the exact same time every night.
He should be in bed and asleep by no later than 8pm at that age.

I had this problem with my son around that age as well. Strict bedtime routine and STICK TO IT. If he still naps, skip that nap and keep him up. I did that and my son fell right into routine the next day. I won’t lie, my son drove me nuts that one day I skipped that nap for him but it was worth it being he fell into routine. It can also be a growth spurt cause that’s why my son fell off to begin with. He’s always been on a schedule

1 Like