How to get baby to stay asleep on her own?

My 1 month old will not stay asleep unless she is laying on my chest…is this normal? everytime i lay her down she just wakes up and starts crying before i lay her on my chest again…

29 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How to get baby to stay asleep on her own?

Completely normal for them to contact nap at this age. The world is big and scary. Mummas smell and heartbeat is where they feel safest and most secure

10 Likes

It’s totally normal all three of my girls were the same at a similar age to yours. Embrace the madness and enjoy the extra cuddles :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Is it normal for a child to be comforted, cuddled and warmed next to your body?

Lol yes. Very much. Enjoy it while it lasts.

If you need your own time to sleep, you can swaddle them, use white noise or if possible, your partner can lay with them too.

3 Likes

Very normal. It’s anxiety provoking to be “far away” from anything you’ve ever known, even if that means just not being able to hear your heartbeat.

2 Likes

Yes, she was used to hearing your heart beat in the womb, she just needs the comfort.

1 Like

My son slept on my chest for probably 3 months or more. He is 11 and about to start middle school. He is way too cool for me now! I miss those days

2 Likes

Lay a shirt that you have worn under baby it sometimes helps. I had to have my daughter bring a tshirt she had worn with when I watched the Grands. Worked wonders!

2 Likes

Yes, 4th trimester. Very normal!

2 Likes

Maybe try a sound machine, worked for my two babies. I had one that sounded like what tHey heard in the womb, like gushing and water sounds kinda. I also used white noise and they helped them stay asleep, had an hour timer

My baby is 13 months and still falls asleep on me​:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Your smelly shirt in the crib. Sound of the womb on YouTube. Swaddle. Pacifier. Stay at Home Moms :fire:

She spent 9 months inside of you, laying on top of you is the closest thing. Totally normal!

3 Likes

Normal! She is just 1 month!

4 Likes

My son for the first 6 months wouldn’t sleep unless he was on his daddy’s chest as he lightly patted his butt all night. If he stopped the baby would wake up so yeah my husband got very little sleep. My youngest slept in her bassinet and through the night since she was 2 weeks old.

Babies don’t realize they’re their own person until about 7 months old! It might be exhausting but you’re gunna miss it! Take a rice bag (the kind you can heat up) just a little one and lay it on her chest till she’s asleep and then remove it and it’ll help comfort her and get her used to sleeping alone :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

They make pillows with a heart beat. Try that

One month is still very, very young. Look up the fourth trimester if you haven’t heard of it. Baby’s still transitioning from womb to world at one month.

1 Like

It was the same with all 6 of my kids after about 3 months they go longer sleeping without ur chest

She’s listening to your breathing and heartbeat. Try white noise or a heartbeat track on an app

1 Like

It’s a baby doing what they do. Enjoy while it lasts

3 Likes

Totally normal. Just let her sleep on you. It won’t last forever.

Swaddle her. It is normal for a baby to feel weird on their own, they are not used to being free roaming away from your heartbeat. Swaddling helps, or getting a glove filled with some rice to lay on their butt while they sleep, mimics a hand. Old wives trick.

Totally normal!! Let her sleep close to you mama, you are her comfort, her safe place, she feel nothing but totally ease when she is in your arms. Especially at 1 month! One of Mine is three and still sleeps with me when she needs to :heart:

1 Like

I would look into one of the bassinets that shake. I know they’re not cheap but there is a rental option.

It’s normal when she sleeps with you all the time.

Totally normal.
Prepare to never sleep again.
Sorry :rofl:

1 Like

Baby just spent 9 months growing inside you, listening to your heartbeat 24/7. Your heartbeat is baby’s comfort and all it has ever known. This is completely normal. Maybe a heartbeat recording would help in this case and something that smells like you close by baby as well.

4 Likes

So normal! That’s all she knows right now, your heartbeat is her calm. She listened to your heart beating while she was still baking!

Oh bless… your baby is only 1 month old, enjoy this time,. Because when they are crawling you need to keep eyes on her!.. relax and enjoy the bonding . .

1 Like

My son is 8 months and I miss him cuddling on me to fall asleep​:blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart: enjoy it the months are gonna fly by :pensive:

When my daughter did this only thing I could do to lay her off me was a swaddle it was a life saver

My baby is 8½ months and still does that…lol

But be patient… she is so tiny still and remember she was in your belly for 9 months!!! My daughter was a preemie and I baby wore her Swaddled as much as I can and still do. They like hearing our heartbeat and feeling our warmth, Our scent …

Be patient

Yes. You’re in the fourth trimester. All your child has ever known was you. Independence isn’t a thing yet

3 Likes

My daughter was the same , she preferred her dads chest so the difficult times was when he was on nights at work… they do eventually grow out of it all you need is patience she is still very much a tiny baby so missing the heart it of her companion of-nine months is hard to let go. Enjoy this experience while you can because once this stops you will miss it

Some babies prefer sleeping on their stomachs :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Everything baby knew has changed. They want to be close for comfort, smell, touch, sound. If you need to put baby down to sleep try white noise and keep your arm or hand on baby for a while until they’re in a deep sleep. I would just whisper quietly til my little ones drifted off. Some times that’s 10mins some times its much longer lol
There’s heaps of parent info on the internet, pick and choose what works for you and your baby. Remember they can’t self regulate yet, they need you to do that for them.

1 Like

Took 6 months for mine to sleep in her own bed!! Welcome to the 1st year

Normal ! She just spent the last 9 months listening to your heartbeat & breathing - you are her safe place … If your nursing try laying on your side & nursing her to sleep - she’ll be on her side facing you & already lying down … As she drifts off to sleep slip away quietly & try not to disturb her … If bottle feeding do the same …

Swaddle her, she might fight it. Make sure you do it tight, & play some Mozart on YouTube. I do This for my almost 3 month old and put her in the swing sometimes. She’s out in 5 minutes. She loves sleeping on my chest, but I need some sleep lol… comfortable sleep. :joy:

One month is not nearly enough time for her to adjust being outside the womb. She is seeking the warmth and comfort she felt and is lulled by your heartbeat. Enjoy this time because they grow up way too fast and you’ll want hat time back.

6 Likes

The only thing to get my daughter to let me lay her down for her to go to sleep was getting a cosleeper bed (in the pic) and putting in in her bassinet. What I did first was start her out with it in my bed and I wrapped a weighted blanket around the whole entire bed thing and only left her chest and face uncovered. She couldn’t move it at all so she was safe from suffocating and it also made her feel like she was in the womb more since she was warm and compacted lol I done it for a week or 2 in my bed then once she slept thru the night or only woke up for diaper changes and bottle I put her in the bassinet with the cosleeper thing.

1 Like

There are devices that mimic heart sounds. I would break your little darling of that bad habit real quick.

You got a long ways ahead of you darlin lol it will get better eventually.

7 Likes

Babies have a strong sense if smell. Their eyes are still developing. Although they can see you. So they go by smell to identify mom and dad.

I would take the shirt I wore that day and use it as a blanket for them. It always worked. This way they have your scent near them all night. It will help keep them calm. Congratulations and God bless y’all. I also sang to them. Tuck her in with your shirt and sing to her. Hearing your voice and having your smell will help.

3 Likes

She listened to your heartbeat and breathing for almost 5 months out of the 10 you where pregnant. When you have her on your chest she hears your heartbeat it’s a security things. Perhaps try to get a sound machine that plays heartbeats and see if that will helps things out. Also my youngest daughter was definitely a belly sleeper with butt in the air until she was literally 5 yrs old.

I co sleep with my baby even tho it’s frowned upon. She has a little bed I put in my bed.

Why would you want that? Baby’s regulate their heat and breathing better when next to mom.

3 Likes

Wants mummy comfort .that’s all she’s known b4 bubby was born .I wouldn’t worry it’s normal .

2 Likes

She’s only one month old… it takes awhile for them to adjust, babies miss you. They like your heart beat, they like your sent. You couldn’t try putting a shirt on her crib or by it. My babies didn’t sleep through the night until almost a year.

2 Likes

Have you tried swaddling?

2 Likes

One month is still young. You have a long haul ahead of you. One step at a time one day at a time. But be patient

1 Like

Make the most of it tbh my 6 month old will not be held to put to sleep. And I just want to cuddle and kiss her but she don’t let u. She likes to be rocked in bouncer then transfer to bed. I would love her to lay on my chest n fall asleep

3 Likes

Shes a month old, just be patient she just wants her mumma :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Maybe go read up on the “4th trimester”. Thats should give alot more insight.

2 Likes

Hugs. You have a ways to go before that baby is gonna let you go. Breath maybe swaddle her up I put a sweater of mine with her it helped.

2 Likes

1 month my gosh u got a looooong way to go b4 u try get sleep

1 Like

You must be exhausted :weary:

It’s normal. My 20 month old just started sleeping through the night

Aww one month :pleading_face::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
She’s not used to the outside world yet. She needs mama’s smell, touch, and heartbeat. :two_hearts: it’s okay, I’m sure you’re tired, but soak up the sweetness :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

l Get paid over $127 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $18137 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://DollarsBox792.pages.dev/

I’m guessing you may be a first time mom, to which these questions are normal, and I’m sure you’re wishing the baby would sleep more. It’s good for baby to have a lot of contact with you right now because your body heat helps her regulate her temperature, try getting a baby sling, then you can walk and do things while she sleeps on you! :slightly_smiling_face:

Y’all really carrying a baby around in you for 9 months then expect it to come out and not wanna be up under you. The logic is so backwards. The baby is one month old. Let the baby sleep on you. Ask your partner for more help so you can get sleep at some point. I’m scared my baby gonna be raised with a bunch of detached savage kids cause their parents rushed this stage

2 Likes

Oh my, they love your heartbeat ,your smell. I cuddled mine then put her in a crib with a shirt or top of mine ,her crib was next to my bed so I could touch.
I needed my babies as much as they needed me. :heart:still do they are 46 and 45.

l Get paid over $127 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $18137 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://DollarsBox820.pages.dev/

She might want to lay on her belly

Go to This. https://DollarsBox836.pages.dev/