How to get birth control?

I do not currently have insurance, so I cannot see the doctor, but I do not want any more children at the moment. Is there a way I can get a cheap birth control? Where?

18 Likes

Check with planned parenthood if you have one in your area

1 Like

Local health department

2 Likes

Make an appointment at your local health department.

1 Like

Call the state agency that handles welfare. They should be able to direct you

Planned parenthood, or even online companies such as the pill club.

2 Likes

Try pill club, it’s where I get my BC pills

1 Like

Some states will cover women for just birth control. I know virginia will cover a women for their yearly and birth control and that’s it. Check to see if your state does something like that

Local health dept if you’re in the states.

I’m in Canada but when I use to be on birth control I mentioned it to my doctor and she always had packages on hand she would give me!

Planned parenthood/family planning or the health department should be able help you out.

9 Likes

This is exactly why planned parenthood is vital.

12 Likes

I am devastated for this woman, I’m sorry your healthcare system sucks so bad you cant even go to the doc to get birth control

9 Likes

Local health department or planned parenthood.

2 Likes

Nurx.com you can get the pill for $15!!!

1 Like

Health department usually has a family planing councilor who can help get your bc

1 Like

Im in Texas, you can apply for the Texas Healthy Womens plan & it covers family planning stuff & visits to the gynecologist.

1 Like

Danielle Phillips do you have something against planned parenthood?

6 Likes

Plan parenthood, or the health care department in your area. There is also a thepillclub.com my sister uses it and loves it and the price

2 Likes

Planned parenthood or the health department

1 Like

Planned Parenthood :yellow_heart:

1 Like

Call your nearest womens clinic and they can help you apply for a program that covers anything to do with family planning. Any women without insurance qualifies. It covers visits gynecologist exams and all that stuff.

1 Like

You can get it online. Just Google online birth control. I went through simple health.

2 Likes

Go to nurx.com that’s where I got mine from

Depo is $54 at the pharmacy no insurance, $54 for 3 months is not bad at all

In CA you can get it at a pharmacy with just a pharmacist consultation, there’s also nurx.com, and Planned Parenthood.

1 Like

Your health department.

I get mine at the health dept. $5 a pack

2 Likes

I get a 3 month supply for $45 without insurance. You do have a pay a $15 consultation fee at start up. All your answers are online and they ship it straight to your house!

2 Likes

Planned parenthood!!!

3 Likes

Simple health is 15 bucks a month and mailed to you. I’ve used it for over a year now and they’re great. You can even ask to skip periods

Your local health office, and now that you typed it i to your phone Facebook will bombard you with free conceptreptives

1 Like

Planned Parenthood! Mine was income based so even without insurance I was only paying $5 per pack of birth control pills :two_hearts:

1 Like

If there is a planned parent hood close by go there

1 Like

In Missouri the health department will give free birth control

PRJKT RUBY $20 a month

Check out your local Health Department or Planned Parenthood .

2 Likes

Your county health department

Planned parenthood or contact your local health and welfare department, they should be able to tell you.

1 Like

Planned Parenthood. I’m in western pa and it’s associated with Adagio.

But also if you don’t qualify for Medicaid you may still qualify for just gyn. At least that’s a potential in Pennsylvania. Possibility contact the local assistance office to ask.

I use pill club without insurance I pay $40.99 for 4 months of pills. I didn’t pay any fees to start up

2 Likes

Nurx, or thepillclub.com. FREETHEPILL.ORG also gives you all of the online pharmacies that’s accessible for each state. And use goodrx.com as your insurance

1 Like

In Texas we have a Texas women’s health plan. Most women qualify if you have a low income. I get my bc for free with this.

2 Likes

Planned parenthood. They have great options for women’s health! I’m currently uninsured and I go get all my female stuff done there.

If you’re in Texas you could apply for Healthy Texas Women. It covers birth control, pregnancy tests and counseling, and health screenings and treatment for hypertension, diabetes and cholesterol.

Ummmm… not have sex? Its free and you don’t have to question it.

5 Likes

Where I live we have a low cost clinic. They run on a sliding fee scale based on income. They also have a pharmacy. If you have little to no income you pay little to no money for health care and pharmacy. Maybe ask at your local assistance office if they have a place like that where you live. Also apply for medicaid. I know a lot of places have changed the income brackets and so even if normally you made too much to qualify you may qualify now. Good luck.

Condoms? They are a great form of birth control, they are at shoppers

Go to planned parenthood - they provide comprehensive women’s care related to reproduction and breast health, not only abortions and miscarriage terminations.

1 Like

Most cities have free clinics or an insurance called Medicaid that might cover it.

Maybe try a free clinic or call a local std testing facility

A free clinic, NOT planned parenthood, they do abortions. And going to one of those places shows your supporting of murdering babies

2 Likes

County Health Department.

1 Like

Free clinic
Planned parenthood

Honor community health

I use VCF. You can buy it at Walmart or Walgreens for $10. They come in 3 different kinds. I recommend the pre-filled tubes

1 Like

Call your doctor (assuming there is one you used to go to). He can prescribe a low-cost prescription that can be filled online. (I.e. GoodRx). He can also direct you to other savings plans. That way, you still have a connection with him. (And of course, when I say “doctor”, I mean his nurse. The nurses do all the go-between stuff like this. :grin: Love my doctor’s nurse)

This costs nothing to you and you still get to keep a rapport with them. I’ve had my gyn for 25+ years. I got laid off a few weeks ago and am going through the same thing.

5 Likes

Planned parenthood, this is precisely the thing they do. Community Health Clinics often have sliding scale fee, for visit. The one here also fills prescriptions in house pharmacy.

2 Likes

Look for a state run health clinic. They will see you based on your income, and more than likely give you BC for free.

3 Likes

This is exactly what planned parenthood is for!

43 Likes

Use aspirin!
Held tightly between your knees should do the trick.

30 Likes

That performance was on fire!

Try planned parenthood ( while we still have it)

5 Likes

I use pill club. They are pretty cheap and reliable

1 Like

Under the Affordable Care Act, birth control pills should be free at your local health department.

Saw a sign at the pharmacy that said the pharmacist could prescribe birth control. You might call and check.

1 Like

Your local Health Department , you get them there either free or very low price,

If you’re in California and you have relatively low income you can go to planned parenthood and get free birth control.

Any clinic should provide free or cheap birth control. Or use condoms.

Planned parenthood is amazing for things like this.

3 Likes

Call the local health department they can help you.

2 Likes

See your local health department or planned Parenthood

6 Likes

Call your local health dept clinic or pp

1 Like

Take control initiative

Planned parenthood…

Local health department

Go to uour County Health Clinic.

Any GP or OBGYN you have seen recently should be willing to write an Rx if you just ask. Unless you have a medical issue you should be able to get the pill or patch without a visit.

Yelp it’s called leve that winner along or make him go buy ya a rubber if he don’t have the money for that what would you even want with him

1 Like

We used the pill club for a long time. Was about $25 for 3 months worth of pills

1 Like

Most dr do a sliding scale fee. You could call and ask. An most birth control is cheap.

Local health department

2 Likes

Planned parenthood is available for this. Check your city listing

1 Like

Visit your local health department they should be able to help you out.

1 Like

Have you tried your local health department

1 Like

Put a quarter on. Your left knee hold the quarter with your right knee. End result no sex nobabies!!!

1 Like

State run gives free Bc. Or greatly reduced

Health department gave me my depo for free every 3 months

Your health department should give you free birth control

Health dept will give you free birth control

Go to the health dept.

Your county health department.

Go to public health they will take care of you

Keep your legs closed

5 Likes

Have you tried anal?

Good rx is phenomenal and will show prices in the stores in your area. You just show your phone with discounts. And good rx is free!!

I pay $75 for 3 months of birthconrtol through Planned Parenthood. Didnt need a dr referral, or even go in. I downloaded the app and did everything from the comfort of my bed and had my pills shipped to me. They arrived within 4 days

I have an online prescription through NurX. It’s $45 every 3 months with no doctor referral, and it ships automatically so you don’t have to worry about forgetting.

Local health department! They will give it to you either for free or income based payment. You can also get free condoms for no charge, you just have to ask! I’ve gotten condoms from my health department and my Nuvaring back in the day for no charge.