How to get child support?

I think instead of giving money, they should get them in cards for the store to get everything for the kid!

4 Likes

File for child support from your fiancé? Maybe he can use that as a way to get the other down. Idk how any of this works tho

It won’t be raised because she has a new kid. If your SOs or BMs income has gone up or down at all they’ll calculate it based on that. Sometimes they take into consideration the paying parents other legal children when it comes to amounts and even then its only a small percentage.

2 Likes

Your fiancé needs to take care of all his kids doesn’t matter what kid was here first. Just because she’s pregnant by another man doesn’t mean crap. If you all think the child support is too much then request an adjustment.

3 Likes

I’m in South Carolina and I know when my brother in law went to court for child support he was paying $400 a month for 2 kids and when his 3rd baby momma took him to court it was reduced down to basically $100 per kid… so his BM he had 2 kids with dropped from 400 to 200 then his 3rd bm got 100

1 Like

Really yours is getting leftovers, Maybe thats because you picked a What is leftover baby daddy…First come first served…

19 Likes

Go for 50/50 custody. When parents split it should be automatically 50/50 custody, unless there is abuse, drugs, excessive drinking, or neglect on either end. That way each parent pays for things at there own house and all school, daycare, and extracurricular activity fees should be split evenly. That would be fair and everyone would be happy.

3 Likes

The first child will always come first.

3 Likes

And honestly honey if your so worried about money why don’t you get a job?:thinking: He has to take care of BOTH his children not just yours get over it.

11 Likes

You sit there & take it. $500 is not a lot of money. Did you know this before you chose to have a baby with him?

7 Likes

If his income has not changed bm wont get anymore child support is based off income each state has a certain percentage of the non custodials check they can take so if they are already taking the max n no income increase bm wont get more. If bm is withholding the child then ur fiance needs to go to court n fight but her trying to get more money because she had someone elses kid wont happen

3 Likes

Are you freaking kidding me??? That child deserves help. Just because you CHOSE to have a child with him does not mean he ahould provide less for his other child. Thats not how it works. Heres a thought… Work more hours if more money is needed.

12 Likes

Did y’all miss that the BM is trying to get more money off a baby that isn’t this guys? I fee like that’s what her question is about

5 Likes

$500 a month is nothing lol my hubs was paying his ex for 3 kids $1200 a month and he did it for 22 years

2 Likes

Deal with it … kid was there long before you and will be there long after …
That’s the problem with swamp puppets like you . You girls meet a guy who clearly had a life long before they even knew you existed… you get knocked up then get mad when he takes care of what he made long before you came around . Why should he be supporting YOU fully and that “ other” child all alone ? Why aren’t YOU working to FEED YOUR KID ? Why is it only HIS responsibility? You don’t like feeding kids maybe you should keep your knees shut just as much as the other lmfao …
Think about what you pay for rent . Then what she pays .
Think about the money that’s spent monthly on food . Then about she spends on food …
500$ is F-all to raise a child …
Woman ! Stop having kids with dude who already got them ! If not sit down shut up …
They gonna be there long after …

9 Likes

I get 500 a month for my one son. If dude has a halfway decent job then he should pay it. Can’t get mad at her because he had other obligations before you and your kid, that’s on him.

3 Likes

Sorry hunny bunny but cheers to the BM for holding the father accountable. Cant afford child support? Dont have kids. Dont agree with his what his BM IS DOING DONT REPRODUCE WITH HIM.
MAN GETS WOMAN PREGNANT
MAN LEAVES
MOTHER COLLECTS CHILD SUPPORT
THIS IS HOW IT GOES…AND BY THE SOUNDS OF IT WHEN HE LEAVES YOU AND YOU GO FOR CHILD SUPPORT DONT COMPLAIN…END OF STORY

4 Likes

Your child had a father in the home. That counts for something. $500 isn’t to much maybe he needs another job. Or you need a job cause you choose this life

6 Likes

Don’t have a kid with a man if you don’t expect them to pay for their children :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

5 Likes

Ummm its his child too it doesnt matter how many children u have with him he still has previous obligations to another child. That is completely selfish of u and if i was him i would leave u for wanting him to basically neglect his other child. I have 2 children with a man i knew had a child from a previous relationship he is on child support and he has to pay it point blank period.

1 Like

500 isn’t that much. When my husband and I separated for a few months(before we were married) I only had our oldest daughter. He gave me 700 a month. The girl he started talking to hated it. They lasted like 2 weeks bc he said she would always make comments about him supporting his “baby momma” he said it pissed him off quick. I worked to just didn’t make what he made, you can’t dog a man for continuing to be a dad even after they separate bc if he done it to you he’d be a POS in your eyes.

3 Likes

Yall need to chill the hell out seriously…u dont know how much the guy makes and no child should suffer. I feel sorry for a bunch of the peoples kids here smh

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure she can’t fill for more money from you if the baby isn’t yours… Also I’m a little confused… Is the baby yours or is your daughter a did child from the so many month old?

Old gets priority due to the fact that he knew he had responsibilities before having others.

2 Likes

I would go to court and request a reduction in child support explaining that this child is not his and request a court-ordered DNA test try to find out who the father is

1 Like

Not much you can do really. The money IS for the child, not the adult.

Girl get over it he is providing for his kid dont be one of those girlfriends that get mad over him paying his baby momma child support, I sware some women are so jealous, if the kid isn’t his then take the woman to court for a DNA test that she is pregnant with

2 Likes

if u didnt want to pay child support maybe u should kept ur peter in ur pants n use protection

2 Likes

I’m in the UK and get no child support whatsoever. My daughters dad quit his job so he didn’t have to pay

1 Like

Sorry but he needs to support his children…get a job

I think if a man has a kid he’s responsible for half of the support at least. Meaning; living, food, school supplies, extras and clothing

Really how is your child getting leftovers . I’m guessing you are trying to talk him out off paying the child support. .

1 Like

If she is sending the child over to the house looking like that then maybe she doesn’t want to mess up her clothes so go to Walmart or a thrift store and buy the child some clothes to keep at your house wash what she comes over with and send her back the wat she came like I did my current husbands kids.

2 Likes

You should be proud of your man that he supports his child. Smh. Children come first. Your child may be getting what’s left but it’s not leftover. He is doing what he can. The previous child is also his responsibility and as his partner you should also feel the same. Your either her step mom or will be. This post just has me dropping my jaw. If you two weren’t together you’d want him to pay also. Maybe you have a job but if your so insecure over 500$ in child support it seems you don’t and maybe you should get a job so your child has all that she can not what in your eyes is leftovers. If you feel that way fix it. Don’t try n take from another child.

4 Likes

How old is his kid? And does his kid ever come stay with y’all? And is the bm working?

You don’t want your kid getting the left overs then get a job and help support your child. That’s all he’s doing is helping support his child.

4 Likes

Im a woman and would work something out between us not courts

1 Like

Wow, some of the people on here are being real nasty. If baby mama is pregnant with a child that isnt your fiance’s, as long as his income isnt higher than when support was determined, it likely wont go up because the bun in the oven wasn’t made with his ingredient. If you feel like you 2 aren’t able to care for your child together due to how much he is ordered to pay, try figuring out what you can cut back on, and if you aren’t working, try to find a shift opposite of his, or work at a daycare and you can get discounted care. Good luck!

1 Like

My x has child support pays 500 while my top kids of his get nothing and hardly get diapers while she posting about him paying for her nails

1 Like

Pick another man… child support is for the kid… if the dead beats pat it… some do… some don’t…

2 Likes

My daughters are 6 and 9 by my ex-husband He was ordered to pay $200 a month for both kids and he’s never once made a single payment. Get over it

2 Likes

It’s based on income ! And if you feel like your child is getting left overs then get out there and provide for your child

2 Likes

This is going to sound harsh. I didn’t lay down and have his kid by myself, im not going to be the only one financially responsible for our child. I don’t care how many other kids he has. That isn’t my problem, it’s his.

2 Likes

She had the first child you knew it was getting paid and what he had left to work with after.
If yall feel he pays to much he can file to see if he can get it reduced.
I get 150 a week and that covers the babysitter and snacks and food for my daughter for the week.
The only thing his money does is make sure I can take my ass to work without going broke.

You all are so great. I have been paying support on my child based upon my So Called Fetal Mom running off with my child. Been paying $500. Based upon pay at the time of court. For that kind of money I could of more than tooken great care. Support is a very hot issue. I get disability now but can’t even enjoy life because still paying for my original rate. I get 1/3 of my pay due to support. I eat markdowns. Freeze and thaw same day I eat. God bless all that is same boat…

1 Like

Then he needs to sue for custody

1 Like

Tell your fiancé to try for 50/50 custody

Oh well shouldve dated a guy with no kids, or a guy with more more money.

Or just tell him he can dodge supporting his other child so your child can have more.

Kids cost. And he has a financial obligation to that child. If it’s that hard for you maybe you should get a better job.

3 Likes

Child support is based on income. It’s pretty cut and dry

1 Like

WHAT!!? I didnt know people ACTUALLY got child support…:roll_eyes::woman_shrugging:t3::rofl:

Sounds like you are my bd’s new girlfriend lol…First and foremost you knew he had a child from before. Good for him for actually paying to support his child as so many don’t! Second your child is not getting “leftovers” if they have a place to live, food to eat and clothes to wear. That is called supporting your child which is what the $500 a month he is paying helps with the other one. Also is it your business about what BM is doing? No! Also unless there was a change in circumstances (which she must prove) they won’t just give her more money. A change has to make for at least a 10% difference and could be that BM pays for daycare now or pays health insurance when BD originally did. So if your baby is provided for just get over it and move on as you chose to have a child with him and he is meeting his responsibilities.