How to get child support?

Its different for everyone and every place. It starts the same however. You must either go online and fill out an application or go into the office and fill it out. Make sure you have as much info on bio dad as humanly possible. Name DOB social security number employer name and address home address try to find out EVERYTHING ahead of time itll go quicker. Make sure you have 9 weeks of income documentation and bills/spending for your own household too. Theyll require proof. Things like medical issues will get you a higher allowance. Proof proof proof. Receipts. Doctors notes. Clothing receipts. Gas receipts. Everything that proves how much time and money you invest in the children.

Depends… income the father is making … judge will decide

1 Like

Im supposed to get $80 a month for 3 kids and I don’t even see that :roll_eyes::roll_eyes: I’m in New York, USA but they don’t seem to care about all the back payments owed

Mt daughter pays me 80 a month and it’s been like that for 12 years

Depends on income. I’m supposed to get 150 a month but he barely ever pays it.

There are so many variables that this is impossible to answer without far more information.

Depends on income of both parents and time percentage the other parent sees the children. Child support department has a guideline format they use.
( California )

It’s based off income, so unfortunately the ex can withhold certain statements if self employed to make it look like way less. Usually if you go through the court system and can’t agree on a good amount it’ll go before a judge. I have a 5 year old 4 year old and now two year old but when I was pregnant with my youngest we went through this and i got a little over 500 a month with him not hiding his income.

Edit: I’m in Pennsylvania

1 Like

You’d have to google the requirement for your country.
Child Support Calculator NSW should bring it up.

1 Like

You need to apy for an update on your child support. If you are getting only $50 a month for 3 children then something is very wrong.go to social services and ask for help in getting a decent support ammountfor your 3 children.

2 Likes

The father is either imprisoned, on SSDI, or has several other children.

1 Like

In GA: What is the minimum child support payment?
On the basic rate, if you’re paying for: one child, you’ll pay 12% of your gross weekly income. two children, you’ll pay 16% of your gross weekly income. three or more children, you’ll pay 19% of your gross weekly income.

You have to go back to court, he would have to submit his proof of income, and along with yours the court will calculate the payment, then you submit the court order to maintenance enforcement. You can’t do anything without a court order.

1 Like

Child support factsheet 1: Taking action to get child support - Legal Aid NSW.

The Child Support Service at Legal Aid NSW can give you advice about getting proof of parentage for a child support application. This factsheet above explains the steps you can take. If you are unsure about any of these steps, please call us to make an appointment on (02) 9633 9916 or 1800 451 784 (regional toll free number).

2 Likes

I’m in ontario, and it’s based off of the person who’s payings income from the previous year. If you’re going through court ordered, they’ll calculate it for you based of their income.

1 Like

Have it modified through the Court

Child support is based on income. It also takes into consideration other children and living expenses. It also takes your income into consideration. I know a person who had 60/40 parenting time all they owed was $12 a month based on time with child and both salaries.

It depends in their income.My kids dad,pays $46 a week for our 15&14 yo.

1 Like

What happens if the absent parent has died ?? England

I get $17.10 a month

1 Like