How to get kids tested for cystic fibrosis?

Does anyone know anything about cystic fibrosis in kids? My daughter has bad asthma she’s 5 and is on a teenage dose for her controller inhaler. I want to get her test for CF but I don’t know how to go about it or if it’s worth it… I just want to help give her some relief…

2 Likes

Talking to her doctor would be the first step. Voice concerns etc and ask about testing, the process, out of pocket cost if it’s not covered etc.

They tested my daughter for it when she was still in my belly cause something came up on the ultrasound. Dr says it’s something there born with . And since I tested negative she didn’t have it both parents have to have the gene for her to have it .

I have two children with Cystic Fibrosis. There are a few things that you can look for first. Low weight or trouble gaining weight. Cystic Fibrosis doesn’t only affect the lungs it affects there digestive system as well. Why do you thinks this is a possibility?

Since CF is a metabolic disorder I think that it would have been discovered before now

2 Likes

Have pediatrician refer you to a pulmonologist and gastroenterologist if needed.

Stay positive you will overcome. My sister Susan had stage 4 Breast cancer as diagnosis with mets to lymph nodes, liver and lung and later developed a rare form call Medullary thyroid cancer. That was a couple of years later, she had 4 bone marrow transplant, chemo and radiation therapy, in which all were unsuccessful then she was given 2 months or less to live but she somehow battled her way back from the brink and the good new, she is in complete remission after taking natural medication we ordered from DrUduehi. I have to help him share this Incase you have given up already visit his Facebook page below👇