How to get mold out of a car seat?

Is there a good/safe way to get mold/mildew out of a car seat and stroller travel system? I wouldn’t be using the carseat again just the stroller but if there is no good and safe way to do it I’ll have to toss it

5 Likes

Take it outside and scrub with white vinegar and water. Then give a scrub with dawn. Let dry in the hot sun! You can dry brushing and vacuuming too before washing to get off anything you can!

2 Likes

You can’t get mould out of a carseat safely.

2 Likes

There’s really no absolute deep famished

Out of the car seat no in all the cleaning you may make the seat ineffective in a crash. But the stroller take it apart as much as possible and clean it with hot water and vinegar in at a least a 1:1 ratio. Wash the stroller cover with detergent and o I lean on a sanitize wash.

1 Like

A product called Benefect, it’s used by Fire/Water restoration companies to get rid of mould. It is all natural and made from Thyme oil, so not only works wonders but smells lovely too

2 Likes

You can take the fabric off of the car seat and wash it in the washing machine. I’m not sure about the stroller. Maybe scrub with hot water and Lysol? And let it dry in the sun

Unfortunately; anything strong enough to actually remove mold isn’t approved for use on cleaning carseats. You could compromise the integrity of the seat; manuals have cleaning instructions, but that does no good for spores potentially down in the cracks anyways. All Car seat techs would recommend replacing.

1 Like

Use dawn power spray and a power washer or take it to a car wash

2 Likes

Why couldn’t some of these methods be used and then completely clean it again with water to get out any cleaner residue?

You can not safely get mold out of a car seat. Throw away and buy new.

1 Like