How to get my life together?

First I want to say, I know and I understand my life is great and I AM thankful for it.

Idk how to even ask or what am I even asking for. I work a job that allows me to stay home with my child who is just about to turn 2. I do have to go out for part of my job but for the most part I can work from home or anywhere with a computer/phone. My husband works full time as well. I am very grateful that I get to be home with our child. But my I feel like my life is a mess. I don’t know how to manage anything, my time, my job, cooking, cleaning. I have never been diagnosed with depression/anxiety, but when I hear people who suffer from it saying how they feel, I can agree with them 100%. I’m always mad, I’m always stressed, I’m always worried, I don’t have friends, I’m always either home with our kid, at my parents house, or working. I have been trying to workout more because it helps me, but I only feel good for the time I’m working out. Then I go back to feeling like shit and with no energy or desire to do anything. My husband helps as much as he can with house stuff. Idk how to make new friends as I consider myself very weird. I love that I get to stay with my child…but it gets very overwhelming every day now. Before it was not like this every day. Now I cry every day from how overwhelmed I am…i always seem to be doing something and somehow nothing ever gets done. I’m always catching up and never finish because something else comes up. I wish I could jusy hit "reset"and start fresh, where I dont have to worry about a million other things while I’m doing one other thing.
Idk exactly what I’m asking, but I would love to start fresh in 2022. What can I do to do that? I know as a mom, wife, and working mom there’s always gonna be something and I understand… but how can I handle everything? How can I starts fresh?how can I stop feeling mad all the time? How can I stop crying every day? How can I get my life together?

42 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How to get my life together? - Mamas Uncut

I don’t have any advice but I feel you momma, I feel the exact same as you

3 Likes

Also feeling exactly the same…

4 Likes

I don’t think we can answer that cause we all relate lol… :hugs:

5 Likes

It’s hard and you have to learn to leave it sometimes and enjoy the little things, I’m a single mum to a nearly 2 year old and my home is currently a tip, he’s trashed the living room, he’s got pan au chocolate in his bed, and the washing pile is a mile high! But I’m gunna brush the crumbs out his bed have a nice lovely cuddle before sleepy time, then rush around and tidy before I flop out to bed. They will only be this young once he won’t remember I was stressed out about the house, he will remember I sat on the floor and played cars with him I hope x allow yourself to enjoy the little things x

6 Likes

Find a good Church & start going! You’ll be amazed the change in your mood if you are able to begin fellowship with good loving people :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

You sound like you were living my life girl. What helped me was pushing myself to do better. No motivation? Do it anyway regardless. That helped curb my depression, but not completely right? So, I kept doing what I do. Take care of the kiddo, get the house clean, etc and on top of that, I started making my own money, and on top of that I started finding things I enjoy doing. You need a hobby, you need to get outside, you need to make your house a home, you need vitamins too. Grab a multi vitamin, COQ10, Vitamin D and B12.

Therapy.
And, this is so important…
Find something for you. You are not just a mom, just a wife or just an employee. You are you.
If you feel this way, life isn’t great. And that’s ok.
Start making 30mins for you. I don’t care if you do Tai Chi, which I so recommend, Yoga, read a book or nap… Find anything you enjoy. Make it a priority. Talk to your husband. I need my time alone. So, my husband takes the kids out 1x a week for at least 2 hrs. I turn on the music and chill. Play a game on my phone, take a nap, maybe reorganization of my makeup bags…lol. It’s quiet and for me. I feel better.
It’s ok too not be ok and need help. :black_heart:

8 Likes

I have always had the same issues. I am retired now and I can see clearly now I have always had trouble completing projects and easily distracted. I never worked from home with a small child but I imagine that would really be difficult. Get a sitter for a few hours everyday to lighten your load You can do it! Slow down Get help
Go see someone for counseling. Set up a schedule for work, gym,during week. Shopping on weekend meal prep.

Sounds like depression and anxiety. Go see a doctor and find a good therapist. We all hit rock bottom now and then and sometimes we need more help around us.

5 Likes

I feel like this every single day, the only difference is you have someone there to help you. I don’t. It’s just me and my 2 kids. Just remember… it won’t always be this way and there will come a day when you miss these days the most.

1 Like

I’d start out with creating a TO DO list. Write down things you have to do daily, and scratch them off one by one as you accomplish them. It really helps, and you can see your accomplishments. I’d also find a hobby that you can enjoy for a few hours a week. Find a part-time sitter even if it’s to stay home and do your TO DO list. I wish you the best.

4 Likes

All of the above plus if u can afford it higher a house cleaner come in couple times a month easier to keep up,if not right a list of stuff that needs to be done ,mark off each day do something as for ur child he’s old enough to start pickin up his toys and clothes, if he’s eating put him in his high chair,Don’t give him anything to eat only if he’s in his chair, if he throws a fit, he doesn’t get anything,that way u won’t have a infest of nice because there’s food through out the house

That’s mice stupid spell check

Maybe look into seeing a therapist. And make sure to make time for just you.

Tell your doctor how you’re feeling, if they know you well enough they’ll have the best course of action. Sounds like you need a bit of a break and rest. Therapy is a good way to get all that off your chest. Hang in there and stay strong!

1 Like

See a doctor he will refer you to a psychologist you can get on medication that I promise you will help I deal with bipolar manic depression it is not fun also have a lot of anxiety

the big problem is you are over thinking youthink everything must be done now super mom but none of us can cook clean take care of two year old and do your job work unless you have a maid you are not going get it all done you are stressed about your job at home yes thats really hard to get started then hear your child giving all his toys a bath in the potty a two year old changes your world but for the rest take monday clean dust vacum tuesday do your landury wed clean kitchen take life one day at a time your home will be just fine and you said hubby helps on thursday let him cook or clean batroom stop letting all this get you down you can do this

Time management. Make yourself list and prioritize them.

Please make an appointment with your PCP to start with.
I’d recommend magnesium, d3, b12 & plentyyyyy of water.

I dont think you’re depressed as much as overwhelmed trying to be perfect .
You do know its ok if your house is not spotless ? It just needs to be clean enough to be healthy Clean the bathroom daily
Clean the kitchen tops as you cook…always do the dishes straight away
Its better to cook in bulk i found and portion it in the freezer…Once a month maybe and frozen meals are ok occasionally it doesn’t always need to be homemade
Load dirty laundry in the machine rather than a laundry basket when its full you do the washing…no you don’t need to split it into colours unless its delicate items and ironing is definitely optional…
change the bed once a week but make and air them first thing
Highchair for food…saves sticky fingerprints everywhere .
Stick a toy box in a corner and throw stuff in after the wee ones in bed
Get a carpet sweeper if youve got carpets…you dont need to be constantly hoovering
Write a list…what gets done what day and put it on the fridge
Deep clean once a week…doors , skirtings etc…fake it the rest of the week
Make time daily for walks in the fresh air and quality time with your child .
Find a mother /toddler group …youll make friends and can vent with other mums going through the same stuff.
Get a bike with a child seat and get out in the fresh air with your child…much better than the gym
Honestly you are no different from other young mums and we’ve all been there
Your child is only young once…dont waste that childhood time stressing

Many of us don’t have our lives together, it just looks like that from the outside. I think what you are experiencing is normal to some degree. So, start by taking the stress of belief that you are the only one out of the equation. Next, perhaps it would be helpful to sit down and write out (with whatever medium you like: pen and paper, your phone, a file on you computer) what needs to be done each day, week and month. Things like bills, cleaning tasks, maybe basic meal ideas, ect. Don’t worry about making it “perfect” you are just trying to get an idea of a schedule for you and your family. If you are able to set your work schedule maybe try mixing up your hours? and add that to your list, seeing it all written out will help you feel more in control and on top of things in your life. Make sure you have time for yourself that is not work or childcare in there. If you are able to take your little one over to your parents house for a bit a few days a week, that would give you time to get some things done or do something for your self. Something that might help is looking up “stay at home mom schedule” and seeing what others are doing. Don’t feel pressured to make it “perfect”, just something that would help you feel less out of control and more peace. Also, consider if this is something to speak with a professional health care advisor about. Maybe this is something therapy or counseling would help with. Discussing any anxiety or depression would be helpful. You may also find that this situation is one that requires medication to fix and while you feel like you are fighting an uphill battle it’s partly or all because medicine would help. Don’t feel alone in this, many of us struggle with this and understand just what you are saying. I think it just takes time to test out what works for you and find a way to do things that will work long term. Good luck!

Make a list,
Talk about what you did with enthusiasm instead of what you didn’t get done, use paper plates on your extremely busy days.
Make the bathroom, bedroom & livingroom priority rooms & keep up on the bare minimum till you feel you are ready to add something new :star_struck:
Find scents that make you happy & keep scentsy or candles going when you personally feel down.
Make some actual family time, make 2 date nights a month with your husband & a girls night even if its 1 or 2 girls to have fun with once a month.
Start Small, start happy & go with it :heartpulse:

Maybe try putting your kid in Mother’s Day out if you have one. Ear you. They are typically 2-3 days a week for a few hours. That will give you a chance to get some things done that you could not otherwise do.

1 Like

I think how you feel is normal… especially as a mom with a small child/children. Sometime we just lose ourselves. Make sure you take time for yourself and talk to your healthcare provider, they can possibly give you something to help relieve the anxiety and depression you might be feeling. Just know you’re not alone, and there is nothing “wrong” with you feeling like you do. :heart:

1 Like

I would put your child in daycare part time so you can have some self care. That is so so important. You need alone time and time away from your obligations and responsibilities. Put your child in daycare part time and possibly see a therapist to get help with depression. There’s so many that are so accessible that even do virtual visits if you prefer. Please try this, it will change your life.

3 Likes

Crying every day is not normal, and getting help to resolve it is not weakness. Accept that you need help and ask your doctor for a full checkup with blood work and vitamin levels. If there’s something they can fix with a supplement or medication, let them try and see if it helps.

3 Likes

This was me after I had my first, up until he was about 2. Then, I saw a behavioral therapist, and it changed my life. Some things he told me: 1. Make lists so you can get those “I ought to, don’t forget to, I should be, I need to, remember to” thoughts our of your head. When you write them down, it really helps them stop circulating through your brain. Plus, you can see your accomplishments as you cross them off. 2. Mentally commit to your decisions. Don’t always second-guess and think things like, “well, if I had done this instead…” When you have a decision to make, weigh all your options, make the decision, and be confident you made the best choice you could. 3. Stop trying to be so perfect. If your house is a bit messy, so what, as long as your child(ren) are fed and loved. They benefit much more from a calm mom, than a spotless house.

5 Likes

You have my sympathy. First of get yourself to a doctor and get a good physical. There might be a simple answer. Second make a list and do one thing at a time and finish it. Next day go on. Good luck

Your child is a good age for Kindergym, if they have that in your area. It’s fun to hang out with the other moms and watch the kids play safely.

Talk to your doctor. It’s OK to have depression. Its not ok to let it go untreated.

2 Likes

u need a break, put the kid in daycare cpl days a week n relax, get a dr appt n get on some meds

3 Likes

No one has ever died wishing they spent more time cleaning the house. So take care of the important stuff: are your kids clean? Well fed? Happy? Call it a win. Can you walk through your house without having to tunnel through junk? Call it a win. Pick one thing to do a day and do that. Drop the dishes in the dishwasher. Call it a win. Vacuum the livingroom? Call it a win. You are asking too much of yourself. And you set yourself up to fail. So choose one thing to do each day and call it good enough.

5 Likes

It’s ok not to be ok. Definitely see your doctor. There maybe a physical cause. If depression is diagnosed, that is ok too. See a therapist and take your meds. Be gentle with yourself.

4 Likes

I think you need more free time

Start by STOP trying to be the perfect working mom. Stop trying to keep the perfect clean house, the prefect clean child. Relax and enjoy a little of yoir accomplishments. Basically start appreciating lifes gifts on your time. And get a hobby where you can meet and form friendships

1 Like

Please go to your GP. It sounds like you have Post Natal Depression and help is available. There are help groups one of which is Panda.

1 Like

You need a break! It’s normal, and talking to someone will help! If anyone needs a fellow weird mom my pm is always open

See your doctor, I’m sure you can get some meds to help you cope… Also try to find a little program where your child can go for a few hours a few times a week… Keep up the working out, that Definately helps

1 Like

I think you need a brake or date night,
Maybe ask your mum if she could mind your daughter for a day so you have a little time for yourself.
Also sit down with your partner and make a plan so its not so overwhelming and please get some therapy it would really help.

1 Like

My partner was similar she was always cleaning and always has something that needs to be done … after she relised that the washing wasn’t going to explode f it didn’t get done life settled down and started to enjoy it, what I’m trying to say is there will always be something that needs doing no matter how much you do so take a break relax for a little while and take some time to do what you want to do , and don’t worry plenty of weird people out there that enjoy other weird peoples company, normal is over rated and tbh weird is normal

2 Likes

Medication has helped me tremendously. Talk to your doctor. And always pray if you believe in prayer; that along with short motivational reads daily helps too.

1 Like

What helps me is on especially overwhelming days, to make a manageable list of things to do that day and just focus energy on those things.

2 Likes

First off Breathe. Maybe a trip to see a therapist to find out why you are so angry all the time. He may be able to prescribe a happy pill for you. There is no shame in it. I went through a period like this. I felt like I was on an elevator, up down up down all the time. I reached out and spewed it all on the therapists table and in all that I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety disorder. He prescribed a medication that keeps me on an even keel… I can focus now and not feel so overwhelmed by everything. It helped me focus and he also gave me tools on how to manage my time and finish things that need finished, how to prioritize. Honey, without self care you are no good to anyone. You will continue to spin in a circle and drive yourself nuts. It is worth a try and it is not shameful to do what you have to do to care for yourself and love yourself. I hope this helps… I wish you Love and Light.

Ask your dr to try cymbalta, it stopped my crying at the drop of a pen & helped be happy.

Please join this group! It’s for men and women in DV situations or that have been in a DV situation before. It’s used to find support, advice and resources from those who have been through the same trauma during a relationship. I hope it can help at least someone.

Sounds like depression and anxiety. If possible get it evaluated by a psychiatrist. It’s not a disgrace
Schedule a break for yourself twice a day. Then write out a plan/schedule and it in writing.it out daily Prioritize what needs to be done today. Most important set a beginning and ending time. If possible for outside for break times

Most everyones life is a mess on some level. Give yourself a break. If you don’t wash that load of laundry, or go to the store today or do the dishes… life goes on. It sounds like you’re trying to do too much at once, maybe try to schedule time for each activity/chore. Don’t forget to schedule breaks bc we all need them.