How to get pregnant after the IUD?

I had an IUD in, I had it taken out, but for the past 2 1/2 years I have been having trouble getting pregnant. We have two children now, but I wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem? Thank you.

5 Likes

Which IUD did u have? Because I want to get mine out and that’s what I’m scared of

1 Like

I had a similar situation with the nexplanion , I had it taken out and have tried for over 2 years.

I had the mirana and it took me almost 3 years. My doctor told me its different for everyone.

I had mirena. Got off. Preg a year and a half later. Got it again.

1 Like

I had the IUD as well but it only took me 2 months it can be different for everyone

1 Like

I have the mirena and now I’m being told it’s good for 7 years
I’m on year 6 and always paranoid
We plan on having a baby within the next year but has anyone gotten pregnant on year 6?

I had the Skyla and it took me 2 years to conceive. I eventually gave up and started hardcore focusing on my health… and bam! Baby! :heart_eyes: It happened when it was supposed to. <3

I had mireuna and it took me 3 years

I wasnt trying but i had mine out for two years and got pregnant. And i had it in for 5yrs prior. (Im on it again) i just had my baby in jan

I had a iud for 5 years had it taken out and was pregnant a month later everyone is different

I had mirena for 6 years
After having it removed we tried for 2 years to have a baby and couldn’t so I went to a doctor and was told that I am having problems ovulating now and it could have been from the mirena. We’ve been trying for 4 years now with no luck

1 Like

I think it depends on the type if IUD as well. I had the paragard (which is non hormonal just copper) twice and each time I had it removed I was pregnant within a month.

Are you tracking your ovulation? Taking prenatals?

I did. I talked to my doctor and he gave me something for it. Worked right away.

I had no issues getting prego after taking mine out

See your doctor. Sterilization is a side effects of long term IUDs

But also track your ovulation. If your not ovulating you can’t get pregnant.