How to get rid of a cold quick?

What is everyone’s go to medicine or home remedies for colds? My son started with a cough this week and medicine wise there’s not much I can do for his age unfortunately. But now I’m starting to cough and not feel great. I want to try to knock this out before it gets any worse

5 Likes

Vitamin d3, vitamin c and elderberry

A ton of WATER and orange juice.

Onion in socks overnight
Elderberry
Garlic & honey

I’ve never tried this remedy yet, but my brother swears by it. An onion, honey, garlic and brown sugar on a jar for so many hours and it’s a syrupy goo. He says it works better than anything, you can find the exact recipe on google

Depending on age Hylands cold&cough is good

Manuka honey (only suitable for 12 months old or over).

Steamy showers(put a towel down to block the steam from escaping under the door) Vicks with socks on. Have your boy sleep inclined so his head is higher then his feet, highlands is a natural brand of medicine for babies and they sell cold tablets that dissolve

Humidifier on at night for stuffiness.

Cough drops, vitamin c (orange juice), Humidifier with peppermint essential oil or vicks, bubble baths, and keeping up on fluids are things I do. Hope you feel better!!

1 Like

Hydrate, sleep, don’t diffuse menthol essential oils with a baby around it’s not safe for them make a personal inhaler, take meds for the symptoms that bugging you most. It’s going to ah e to run its course though.

Fermented honey syrup. Recipe on Pinterest!

2 Likes

Pineapple juice is great for a mucus-y cough.

1 Like

Vicks!! Coat feet in it and then put cotton socks on and put some om back and chest and a little under nose. Theyll notice a difference quickly.

1 Like

Elderberry syrup with honey (all ages) and colloidal silver.

1 Like

mix of honey, whiskey , and lemon juice, 1 tsp of each. use as needed

Zinc. My grandma always told me colds were a lack of zinc. They got Zicam at Walmart

2 Likes

Hot toddie. Put a shot of liquor in your hit tea. It works

1 Like

Zinc and make yourself a strong screwdriver oh n vodka put Vicks on your feet n temples of your head n your chest go to bed. You need rest n no stress