How to get rid of bed bugs?

Heat crossfire online is what they use at some extermination places this will save u some money just buy a clear mixer bottle from like co-op and read the directions my old landlords would use this if there was ever a issue

Bed bugs inhabit furniture…not food.

Buy a steamer and literally steam every inch of your house. My husband and I did that when we got a bed from his friend.

Home Depot
Ortho Home Defense Bedbug Spray
Safe for kids and pets
Around $20
VITAL you Encase All Mattresses in Quality
Plastic Mattress Covers
About $40 each

When I got it I got an exterminator he had me bag anything and everything washable and take to laundry mat wash and try on hot then bed covers also lavender dryer sheets on mattress under sheets helped but know what they use will kill all other bugs to like spiders roaches rats etc. It that strong and powerful

Rubbing alcohol will get rid of them

we just had bed bugs in my apartment building. the neighbor who is wall to wall with me lived there 10 years and sadly, was a hoarder. she brought bed bugs in. we aren’t exactly sure how long we had them but i started noticing bites and i was like wtf me and my kid were bit up like crazy. one night i woke up in the middle of the night and they were absolutely everywhere i was horrified. i hate bugs they were in my bed in every room on the walls in the tub. we pretty much packed up everything we owned. got rid of a lot of stuff and wore the same few outfits for over a month continuously washing. every blanket curtain and clothing item was washed dried and double bagged and i put it on my porch until the treatments were over. they say its good to do a deep cleaning before each treatment. check EVERYTHING. if u havent had them long and theres only a few then call an exterminator quick before they multiply. they came to our building 3 times once every 2 weeks. they are gone that i know of i am hoping i never see another bed bug in my life!

Exterminator is the best, probably easiest option, but most expensive. Exterminators charge based on the size of the home and the size of the infestation. I think when I had them (unfortunately) my landlord paid $900 but that was for a total of two treatments and if necessary a third would have been free of charge but thankfully I did not have a huge infestation, the exterminator only found 2.

Diatomaceous earth also works.

Ortho home defense for bed bugs, also works, but you have to make sure you don’t spray it on bedding or furniture.

I also wanted to come back and add. Don’t use terminix they only surface treat

My cousin had bedbugs and my sister stayed the night there had this rash and she didn’t know she had bedbugs and it took drs to tell them what the rash was to get rid of them. It took a lot of testing on her for the dr to figure out what it was

She knew…and brought it anyways. Evict her

You can’t just base it on getting it from the person that you let move in. Those things are travelers. They can hitch a ride anyway on clothes, on bags and schools you never know. Main thing is just to get rid of them. Exterminator.
What you can do as well is take all your blankets and everything bag it all up in black garbage bags. Let it sit out in the hot sun. If you don’t mind using your dryer lots you can throw any pillows, clothes and stuff like that in the dryers. While you’re waiting for the first batch, keep all your contaminated items in garbage bags. If it’s close to winter or anything, keep the garbage bags in a garage or just out on your back deck. There is phrases that you can get at home Depot and Canadian tire, that you can spray around the the baseboards, and stuff.

Once you have everything fumigated, and those pesky bugs are gone. Invest in mattress. Protectors not cheap ones. Good ones

I had them for three years once. I had to throw everything out and move. I couldnt afford the guy. But they were NEVER in the food. So im thinking you have another bug. They live in beds and floors. Not food. They eat blood.

There is a Facebook page that has recommendations. All the home remedies don’t work save your money and call a exterminator

Pyrid from the pest store. Spray everything every 2 days for a week or two and you should be good. Get bed bug protection bed covers make sure they’re the zip up ones

Bed bugs aren’t on food… Lol… what?!

Don’t let anybody fool you into thinking that you can get anything off the shelf or do anything other than calling an exterminator. it cost me 3500 plus to get rid of them damn things and it took several chemical sprays and heat treatments. After getting rid of beds and everything else

Use 91% alcohol in a spray bottle and spray everything down

Exterminator hands down

It’s take a lot they get into EVERYTHING!!!

Tell her the truth, and yall tackle this together. The sooner you start…the better off you will be.

Hire an exterminator. There is nothing else you can do.

Depending on how bad the infestation is, you can save money on an exterminator and go to Home Depot and get the gallon jug of Home Defense Bed Bug spray. A few yes ago my kids school had an infestation and they brought them home. Thankfully we only saw then on our sofa and immediately went and bought the spray and treated our couches and beds. We checked every crack and crevice of the couches and beds (bed bugs hide in dark crevices and usually appear on surface when it’s dark/at night), and removed any that we found (thankfully it was only a few on the sofa and none in our beds). Then we sprayed the crevices and bottom of our sofas and beds, mattresses, box springs and never seen them or had a problem again. But it depends on how had you have them. We found them early because the school sent notices home that they were seeing them and exterminating the school and we immediately took action, researching and looking for them. Idk if we caught them early or didn’t have an infestation but the spray worked for us and only cost $50-$60. And saved us thousands on an exterminator because initially we were going to go that route. Good luck mama. It’s a terrible, stressful feeling. I didn’t sleep for days.

You’re going to have to hire a company to come in and heat treat your house. That’s all you can do. I’m so sorry you’re going through this! But don’t be embarrassed!!!

Exterminator/ pest control. You will have some steps to follow and then you have to leave for a few hours.

I work for a pest control company, and although it isn’t cheap, it can be effective, probably the most effective option. We tell clients the day before we come, ALL drawers need to be emptied of clothing, items, etc. stuff hanging in closets is fine because it’ll fall in between them, do not wash anything first, you need to dry it to kill them, and then wash, and dry again. If you can get in touch with someone whose experienced with it, they’ll walk you through the prep work. The prep work has to be done though, or it won’t do you any good. Just know it’s nothing to be embarrassed about, and it’s not because your “dirty”, I’ve been told we’ve had people who live in higher end homes get them. If you think it’s bed bugs, the first place to look would be the mattress seams, they tend to hide there, and they’ll also leave black and/or red stains on the bed. You can always get spray, in the meantime Walmart sells it…and soak your mattress in it, in all rooms, and probably the couch too. Strip your bed(s), COMPLETELY and throw everything in black trash bags or into the dryer immediately. You’ll have to clear out of the house for atleast 3 hours in the meantime, but if they are caught in time, they won’t be such a pain.

1 Like

Diatomaceous earth,
Bed bug bag kits from Home Depot,
Vaccum ALOT anything you can!!

This actually works had a friend who had bed bugs was able to treat it with this haven’t had any in over a year now

Pest control is only way we spent Ll kinds of money and washed everything had to call pest control it takes heat to get rid of them lots of heat

Promises can easily be made but can not be easily fulfilled, This was the first thing that crossed my mind when Dr lago told me that he was going to bring my wife back to me within 15 hours of working day. But i must say how I got the biggest shock of my life when i receive a call from my wife how she started apologizing for leaving me and the kid’s. after so many regret she begged for forgiveness and cried just for me to take her back I did because I still love her. These are among the benefit you get when you contact Dr lago. I advised you reached out for help if you going through similar issues with the info below👇email: ([email protected]) or Whatsapp +2347060550594.
Website, Redirecting...

Bed bugs arent in food. Its most likely weevils or roaches. Weevils tend to get into flour,wheat products, formula.

The only way to get rid of bed bugs is by a professional exterminator, don’t waste your money on anything else

That maybe weevils and Coles and woollies have had them in the pasta you buy.

Wait….food can’t have bedbugs can it???

Buy you a clothes steamer.steam the whole room.wash clothes bed sheets etc.in warm water dry in highest setting in dryer.the buy you sawyers tick spray.spray everything with it.keep streaming everything till gone.especially small crevices.

Food grade diatomaceous earth. Make sure it’s FOOD GRADE, NOT pool grade. Cover everywhere in your home.

I had to pay $500 for a professional to come and get rid of them. I wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemy.

Call an exterminator and they will tell you what to do before they come and spray :woozy_face: don’t be embarrassed. It happens a lot in apartment buildings.