How to get rid of kids toys?

Let her choose what to get rid of. Just because the toys are age appropriate, doesn’t mean that she actually plays with them all. Get a box and tell her you’re going to donate some of her toys to kids who don’t have any toys.

1 Like

We go through and pick out our kids favorites, 7 small, 3 big, and 4 medium for each kiddo. Then we throw away anything else. I just hate clutter and they hate cleaning their room up so it’s easier when they don’t have a ton to have to clean. It makes them happier to be in their rooms playing, everything is easier to organize and it makes it less of a burden when family buys them new at holidays and birthdays.

Let her do it! We do a toy clean out every year before Christmas time. Tell her that you’re going to donate toys to kids that Santa doesn’t visit Christmas because they don’t have families. Have a “keep” place and a “give to other kids” box. That way you don’t throw out those odd little things that our kids seem to get attached to for some reason lol then donate those toys she wants to give to other kids to a homeless shelter, children’s home, church, or daycare.

Put them in a bag take them to a donation station like goodwill Salvation Army and stop buying more toys

l Get paid over $121 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $17436 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://DollarPort857.pages.dev/

Donate them my husband same way he grew up without a lot so it’s hard for him to toss any of the kids stuff my husband does spoil the kids also he’s a mess

Think of all the less fortunate children around where you live and donate them directly to families. With Holidays around the corner, lots of families would be grateful for gently used toys.

1 Like

I donate them or give them away for free

You can make different piles and hide some piles and introduce them every couple of weeks or so. Kids get bored easily is they have new toys or old toys they haven’t seen, they tend to play with them longer and get more excitement

1 Like

Put half away.
Switch them out in 3 months

Me and my friend have each other do ours :joy::joy: because she won’t throw away none and I won’t either but we can do it for each other lmao! “What I don’t see I don’t know”:joy: I got 3 big bags out of the toy room for her just last night. She just wanted enough left for the toy box because it’s always a huge fuss to get her kids to pick up toys and stayed a mess in there :woman_shrugging:t2:

You could always donate to your local community help center… That’s what I do with all clothes and toys we don’t need or use anymore

2 Likes

Rotate, clear half the toys out for a month and store them, then swap them out after a month

1 Like

Put some away and rotate them

The best way is to get some storage totes put the toys in them that she’s not really into yet and when she gets tired of the toys you left out get rid of them and get out a tote she will think think they are new! It always worked for my boys and I only held onto things with sentimental value.

Get 3 or 4 totes of good size. Divide up the toys randomly between the 4 totes. Enter change every 3 months.

1. It limits what she has access too.
  2. Less items lead to a neater space
  3. Make her keep them picked up in proper places teaches responsibility for her thinks. And also teaches her to take care of her things which in turn gives them a longer life.
  4. Every 3 months she gets all “new” toys. This will prevent her from getting board of her things an at will stimulate her mind to be expanded and use her imagination more since each toy serves a different stimulant.

By the time you get to the 3rd tote. Most likely she won’t remember most of the toys. Once you rebox the toys drive to a place that can donate to a shelter or sell them on the swap n shop.

Gonna need money for the next age level of toys.

Find your local buy nothing group on FB.

When my kids were little, we would go through all the toys and donate what we could and toss the rest. My kids got to pick what they kept and what they let go of. We would do this during the holiday season and in the springtime. It helps the kids if they have a say and also teaches them to give to others if you can.

3 Likes

Donate 1/2 to Goodwill. I bet you’ll feel better.

1 Like

Pack half up. In a few month’s switch them out.

I used to keep a box in the basement for toys that my kids didn’t put away. I’d wait until after they went to bed and any toys that were left out went in the box. If they didn’t ask for the toys after 6 months, they got donated. If they were curious as to where a specific toy went, I’d discreetly grab it from the box. I’d also go through their toys when they were at school. If they had toys that were similar to each other, I’d donate one of them. I also put stuffed animals and such, in a bag and put it under their bed. They never even noticed when toys were gone.
If you’re not ready to let go, than rotate the toys. Get some plastic bins, put the toys that you don’t see them playing with in it and put out of sight. When you see that they’re getting bored with the toys they have available, switch them out. Around Christmas, I’d put a laundry basket near the Christmas tree, with a sign that says “you have to give to get”. My kids are older now, but, they’d put stuff in it all month long.

Once every 3 months I send my daughter to my moms for a couple hours & I go through her bedroom, donate all the toys that she has outgrown or toys that she no longer plays with. It works best for us because she never notices toys are gone, She always just notices her room is rearranged! It’s always worked great for us!

1 Like

I always give my toys to the good will we have 4 kids all thoghter and what they don’t hardly play with gose cause they get more toys for birthday and Christmas.

Donate to a woman’s shelter

1 Like

Get rid of one every day. Maybe one she hasn’t played with in a while. And just do this until you reach a reasonable amount of toys. Donate them.

Put half away and cycle them through every 3 months or ao

It’s freeing not having so much stuff. Look into your local buy nothing group. Recycle to some less fortunate kids

Put half away & switch them out it will be like new toys again! I’ve learned if it’s overwhelming they lose interest way to fast bc its like you said overestimating same thing with their dinner plates. For tips on how to actually dispose of the abundance of toys without hassle you just simply clean their room when they are not around napping, playdate, school whatever and just donate or toss in the trash my kids have never caught me in the act unless I was being sloppy lol and they are attached to my hip a majority of the time

Give some to charity it helps other families on low income

You just have take time and organize and make three piles throw away, give away and keep and once its done you will feel so much better

Get them to fuck when she’s not around easy oh and “Santa” ain’t real stop lying to your kids

Divide into 6 totes. 1 tote in use every 2 months. Then replace with next tote. That way she won’t be bored or overwhelmed. And she will be able to clean up herself!

Donate the ones she doesn’t play with or pack them in plastic totes and put them somewhere else then rotate what’s in the totes every fee months

1 Like

Talk to her and tell her that there are many children who don’t have any toys. Ask her if she would like to through hers and decide what she wants to keep and what she wants to donate. Tell her she will be making another child very happy.

1 Like

Ask her to pick toys out to give away to kids that don’t have many.

Sort them into bins. Number them & switch bins as she gets bored what she has. Pay attention to what she plays with. If you notice toys aren’t being played with put them away to be given away. Wait awhile to see if she mentions them.