How to get rid of love handles?

Fan question

seeking advice on how to slim down love handles.

Can any mamas tell me how to get rid of my love handles while being pregnant only 13 weeks and I had started working out a lot before I got pregnant and have slacked from the fatigue and nausea? But I’m starting to feel more energized and less sick. So I want to work on losing the hip fat.

6 Likes

Theres no way to target specific parts of fat on your body. I’d say start with a diet change. Diet is 80% of weight loss.

3 Likes

You want to lose weight while you’re pregnant? Ummmm… No. I don’t think it works like that.

9 Likes

While being pregnant? They are just something you have to deal with. Nothing wrong doing dr approved exercises but you are going to gain weight and fat in the middle. Enjoy your pregnancy, your dr will tell you to not lose weight.

1 Like

Embrace those love handles girl.

The only time noone is paying attention is when you have a watermelon belly full of baby. I :rofl:

I’d talk to your OB though.

1 Like

Just walk and cut back sugar. That’s how I slim down

There’s nothing you can do right now about gaining weight… Just walk and eat healthier…you gut a long ways to go to be wanting to lose weight already. Lol

Walk. Lots of walking. Cut down on junk. Getting more fit is 80% the food you eat and only 20% exercise. Because your preggers, maybe look online for safe excercises that are safe for mama and baby. Walks are always great. Go for one after lunch, and after dinner.

1 Like

If you’re not considered unhealthy as in obese I wouldn’t try to lose weight while pregnant. Of course eating well and light work outs are great. It’s usually, not always, a cause of concern if you’re not steadily gaining even if it’s minimal.
Also, your mid section is going to grow extensively over next 9 months even if I agreed with the ideaof intentionally losing weight while pregnant it’s essentially pointless. I’m pretty healthy and gained 25 lbs, now 39 weeks, but my stomach is still huge (as it is for most pregnant women)

1 Like

I wouldn’t be trying to loose weight or working out to the extreme while pregnant (but that’s just me) I’d watch what your eating… eat healthy and balanced, talk to your doctor if you’re severely concerned especially if your family has a history of weight issues or diabetes that go along with pregnancy- they could give you advice on a target of how much you should be eating and healthier food options… as far as exercise go I believe in just walking and strength training type exercises nothing too extreme… this will make your pregnancy easier and help your body get back to normal after the baby… BUT you have to remember it takes a lot for your body to create life and it sometimes comes with a cost and it’ll take time for your body to go back to normal and it may not ever go back to what it was prior… last thing I’d be concerned about is love handles… focus on your health and babies health with diet n general exercise

1 Like

I would just concentrate on eating as healthy as possible and once the baby comes then focus harder on exercise and weight loss.

2 Likes

Buy a size up in pants and wear flowy shirts, it’ll reduce the appearance of love handles. Once you’ve had your baby, then work on sculpting your body the way you want. For now, try to embrace it. Easier said than done, I know. But try.

3 Likes

Start eating extremely healthy for you and baby now. Limit bad carbs, sugar, processed food, soda, and fast foods. This will limit the weight gain and you will be only baby.

1 Like

Good diet and exercise

1 Like

She never said she wanted to lose weight. Chill guys. Chill on tge exercising. Walk alot and eat healthy and drink lots of water! It’ll fall off :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be bothered by it seeing your with child just eat healthy and walk a lot then after baby work out

If you were working out prior to becoming pregnant then their is no.reason to stop working out unless your workouts would jeopardize your baby, however if you weren’t exercising before becoming pregnant, then take it easy on the exercise and just go on walks, or join a gym that had a swimming pool and use that its low impact and great on your joints and will help strengthen everything. You could do some side crunches to help lessen the unwanted love handles however it will be.more difficult at this time and harder as you get further along… good luck to you

1 Like

Maybe worry about growing the kid first

2 Likes

Exercising too intensely can hurt the baby so just be careful on what you do.

1 Like

My Dr said there is no point your just going to be putting weight on, eat healthy, drink lots of water and walk, walking will also help make labour easier

Shouldn’t be working on losing anything while you’re still pregnant. There’s time enough after baby is born for that. Just stay healthy by eating right and exercising. And besides, you can’t spot reduce fat so even if you did lose weight there’s no guarantee you would lose the love handles anyway.

1 Like

With my now 3 yr old, I walked EVERYWHERE and still gained 60 pounds and it was all amniotic fluid, he only weighed 7lbs 15 oz. Just focus on making sure you and baby are healthy, there’s no point in trying to lose love handles when you’ll get bigger as you get further into the pregnancy and so will the love handles. Just wait until after you give birth and then work on looking the way you want to.

Don’t worry about that right now. Keep eating healthy, take your prenatals, go for walks, and make sure you breastfeed if possible once you have the baby… That will make you slim down fast! And of course is an amazing bond with your precious while you provide him with the best

Working out while pregnant is not detrimental to the baby. As long as you listen to your body, dont have any restrictions, & practice safe exercise practices, which you should be doing even when not pregnant. Fat loss is achievable & perfectly healthy while pregnant as long as its done in a healthy way. (not starving yourself, over exercising, etc.) Eating right & exercise is the only way to lose it & sculpt your body. No magic exercises or diets, or teas, etc. Just good old fashioned work. I started working out again about 6 months before I got pregnant w my 1st & was in the best shape id ever been in during & after that pregnancy. Ignore anyone saying dont bother while pregnant/calling you selfish/etc.

Just continue the exercise routine you had earlier, and unless you’re eating considerably more, you should end up burning more calories with the same routine than you were before (because pregnancy burns calories). So while doctors don’t recommend starting new routines while pregnant, as long as you’re not bleeding or having pain you can maintain your previous exercise routine through your entire pregnancy. For example, I ran 5 miles EVERY day until I was like 4 or 5 months pregnant. Then I had to cut back because it started to hurt and I was too tired. But I continued to run or at least do 30 to 45 mins of cardio all the way up until the week before I was due (only stopped because I didn’t want to send myself into labor when I had a busy week and a family event to attend, lol).
Now, I don’t recommend that you focus on the love handles. Your body will change through pregnancy. You can’t stop that. But maintaining your exercise routine makes it easier to get close to (or for the lucky ones, back to) your original size and shape. Good luck!

I wouldn’t worry about it while you’re pregnant! I know it can feel depressing to not like your body, but it is trying to grow another human, so I say eat the cake and worry after baby gets here!