How to get rid of poison ivy?

Best remedy for poison ivy? Happy spring!! Lol. We tried calamine lotion, it’s taking forever to dry up and it seems to be spreading. My son is 6 so he is basically feral and scratching nonstop! Thanks in advance

2 Likes

I’ve always dug it open and then went swimming or taken a bleach bath :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

The Best is chlorine swimming in a pool dries it up fast

2 Likes

My son landscapes and still dies the scratch it open and spray with bleach water and it’s gone by morning.

It gets in your blood stream and spreads through your whole body. Go to the doctor and get steroids and a cream. I’ve been battling it for a month now. My dog keeps getting in it and I keep getting it over and over after being immune for 38 years.

2 Likes

Ivy rest. It is a cream you can get from Walmart. They also have the ivy wash

1 Like

when my oldest girl was little the Dr gave he some steroids to get rid of it, i think she took them for maybe 3 days and it was soon gone

It took mine 3 weeks to heal. Not much helped it.

Rubbing alcohol. Open the spots and pour it in.

1 Like

Oatmeal bath and benadryl

1 Like

Get prednisone from the doctor.

Dry out with rubbing alcohol

Dawn dish soap and take him to the doctor. If he touches his face it will spread on his face and could go in his eyes.

1 Like

Fels naptha soap , found in hardware stores or laundry isle it’s a bar of soap dries it out fast.

Apple cider vinegar cuts the oils off the skin and dries it up…used it all my life

1 Like