How to get rid of tooth pain?

I need tips for getting rid of dental pain ASAP!! Natural, over the counter, magic spells, anything! I was up all night cause the gums on the whole left side of my mouth feel like they’re going to explode. I’ve tried acetaminophen and ibuprofen, separate and together and no help. I’m dying here and there’s very few dentists in the area that accept Medicaid but they all want to blow me off.

5 Likes

Rinse with salt water may help some. I did that till I could get seen over the holidays.

The best thing in the world is this stuff here!!! Iv had every kind of tooth pain and this is the only thing that actually helps! Just make sure it says eugenol oil cause they also make another one that looks just like that but it has whatever oragel has in it and all it does is numb it

If you have a dental school nearby go there.

I don’t have much advice honestly because I have the same problem but I have noticed that BC Powder works better for tooth pain for me than Tylenol.

Clove oil, youllsalivate for a min but it takes pain away instantly for us
Also, rubhoney on gums
Its a natural antibiotic And relieves pain
Or even warm water honey rinse

2 Likes

I heard if you take 1 whole clove and bite on it it will take the pain away, otherwise if pain is too much boil some water put a teaspoon of cloves in roughly 1x cup of boiled water, let it brew like a tea and let it cool down to a more manageable temperature for you then goggle like with mouth wash till pain subsides

Urgent care so they can give you antibiotics and pain meds until you can get in to see a dentist

Aleve. Coconut oil, tumeric and salt, swish in your mouth for awhile. Basil leaves help reduce pain, chew the leaves on the side that hurts. Clove oil. Children’s Tylenol syrup on the teeth.

Someone once told me to hold a wet tea bag in the area that hurts. I found this helped a little.

1 Like

Coconut oil in case it’s infected and then clove oil for the pain

1 Like

I just got over a nasty tooth infection along with many others in the past with Medicaid…yea no one takes them it sucks!!! But I’d suggest going to the ER or urgent care and getting pain meds along with antibiotics just in case it is an infection. They gave me toridol this last time around and it worked great for the pain!!!

2 Likes

Orajel toothache mouthwash
Orajel mouthwash (there’s two different types)
Red Cross toothache medicine (it really works just don’t get it on your tongue or cheeks cause it’ll give a burning sensation)

Red Cross drops . Made for toothaches . Usually near the pharmacy just ask for them . Or buy clove oil and rub it on your gums .

You need antibiotics it’s an abscess

Maybe the ER? don’t let it linger too long. It’s probably an infection which can spread and create further complications.

2 Likes

The only thing that helps me is ALEVE. And rinsing with peroxide.

One Tylenol and two Advil together. Maybe try urgent care as you might have an infection and need an antibiotic, but you likely need a dentist to address the issue and need long term care. I had severe pain and needed to have teeth pulled. It took months to get into an oral surgeon so my dentist told me about the Tylenol Advil combo and prescribed antibiotics a few times when the infection flared up while waiting for surgery.

Urgent care for antibiotics, you probably have some kind of infection & in my experience the dentist won’t touch me until I go on antibiotics. 4 Advil, 3 hours later 2 Tylenol, 3 hours later Advil again & repeat. Warm salt water rinse helps

1 Like

Oh dear :(( if you have a cavity, try using this filler stuff I think it’s by dentek. It’s tricky to use but it does set! Try to have a dry mouth first. Other than whisky, I’m not sure what else to suggest but I’m sorry bc that is awful xx

Tea bag. Pop in the microwave for like 10-15 seconds to warm it up and put it on the affected tooth and bite down.

Advil liquid gels pop it with a tac and put the liquid on your tooth and gums.