How to get teens to shower regularly?

How in the world do you guys get your teens to shower? my boys stink so bad and they just dont care

31 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. https://answers.mamasuncut.com/t/how-to-get-teens-to-shower-regularly/20649

Get them in a routine. Must shower before breakfast.

Its challenging in their young teens! I told my son that people who smell for picked on alot, which is true!! And i bought him the men’s Axe package of body soap n antiperspirant. I told him I don’t want hom to b the smelly boy at school​:sob::broken_heart:

You tell them to shower
You’re the parent

11 Likes

Make them take a shower.

3 Likes

My 12 yr old is autistic and hates showering or bathing. It is a daily struggle for me.

You make them since you are the parent.

3 Likes

Take away all electronics til they smell good

2 Likes

Take away the distraction. Video games, tv, phone, friends, freedom :upside_down_face: not only will they shower, they’ll do it without asking :laughing:

3 Likes

I just say shower :shower: and they listen. I’m not sure what I would do if they didn’t listen. Probably turn off the wifi.

3 Likes

Change the wifi password and take away electronics especially the controllers to the game system or mouse to a computer :woman_shrugging:t3::joy:

4 Likes

Are you asking for there consent ? … if they don’t shower take them out side and hose them down.

9 Likes

Girlfriends… Only solution!

9 Likes

Put ”your foot up their butt”.lol

Sounds silly, find what makes them tick, what they value. Then reward when you notice they make changes. Doesn’t have to be monetarily. More time on electronics, time with friends, words of affirmation. In the same token, if they don’t then take away the things the value. Turn off the wifi until they shower. Once done turn it on. If the odor is really severe you may need to look at diet. The odor is caused by bacteria. Keep that in mind. Good luck. Parenting isn’t easy. Just remain consistent.

3 Likes

I just tell my son go shower, it’s not a choice

9 Likes

Idk I still have a friend at 35 that don’t like to shower so years ago me and my friends picked him up and put him in shower fully dressed and squirted soap all over so he had to lmao

1 Like

Turn off the WiFi, takes away their electronics. I have a daughter. She bathes.

They will care when kids at school aren’t so nice about telling them!

1 Like

I’am making over $127 an hour working online with 2 kids at home. I never thought I’d be able to do it but my best friend earns over $ 18307 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The potential with this is endless

Chk This—>> https://SuperIncome1152.pages.dev/

Once my brother started liking girls, he started to want to take showers- several times a day. Moral of the story- it will eventually end because of girls

3 Likes

Once they start liking girls or have a girlfriend they will shower daily lol

2 Likes

Saralou Willacy :man_shrugging::man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

Well, I tell… Not ask. You’re the parent, make them. Hygiene is not an option.

11 Likes

Tell them girls aren’t attracted to smelly men.

1 Like

I’am making over $127 an hour working online with 2 kids at home. I never thought I’d be able to do it but my best friend earns over $ 18307 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The potential with this is endless

Chk This—>> https://SuperIncome1213.pages.dev/

Mine are like that too but I’ve started telling em I can smell their ball sweat/b.o. get in the shower . It’s non negotiable at this point . Lose game/TV/phone until they do

2 Likes

Turn off the wifi and say it comes back on when they’ve showered.

4 Likes

Take away games or phones until they shower!

3 Likes

That’s basic hygiene like brushing their teeth. Make a chore chart they have to accomplish before electronic time. Although they’d likely need to shower at the end of the day, not the beginning.

1 Like

Tell them they stink. :woman_shrugging:t2: tough love

1 Like

Tell them to get in the shower. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Do nothing.

If they’re teens, that means that they’re in middle/high school. If you’ve talked to them about showering and personal hygiene and they won’t listen, let their peers tell them that they stink. That’ll change their attitude about it quick.

I have a son who’s almost 14. He showers, but wouldn’t wash his clothes. He would shower and wear the same hoodie over and over without washing it. I told him he had BO and he argued with me that he showers. After a friend of his pointed out that he smelled, he started taking better care of himself and his laundry.

4 Likes

I tell them to go wash their booty.

1 Like

That’s something that should have started at a young age to get them in routine. Just like brushing teeth & hair.

7 Likes

My oldest is almost 20 and only showers when he wants to. He works and still doesn’t shower often. We love him but he stinks. And this may pop up in his newsfeed since we are friends and I’m commenting but it’s the truth. I love that boy but damn he needs to shower more than once to twice a week. So if you figure it out let me know.

I haven’t figured this out yet either. Mines almost 13 and it’s a struggle

1 Like

Turn off the wifi until they’re clean.

9 Likes

If they don’t listen …invite their friends over and embarrass them like they are embarrassing you!

2 Likes

I’am making over $132 an hour working online with 2 kids at home. I never thought I’d be able to do it but my best friend earns over $ 19341 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The potential with this is endless

Chk This—>> https://SuperIncome1230.pages.dev/

No life at all until they do…no wifi…no leaving the house. .no nothing…and make it mandatory every single night

1 Like

I tell my kids to do something. Then they do. :confused:

2 Likes

Always check for depression first when hygiene is a problem. After that try saying “what else do you need to do?” Kids turn us off if we keep TELLING them what they need to do when we need to get them to THINK!!!believe me it worked with my teen grandson. And if we are always telling them what to do, what do you think. When the kid with the drugs says here try this it will make you feel cool or better. He/she will if you haven’t given them the tools to think for themselves.

2 Likes

I don’t have that problem, I have to yell to get him out of shower! :joy:

2 Likes

Tell them to take a shower. If they argue, shut off the wifi and take away their phones, or whatever is distracting them, until they’re all showered. If they have plans to go out, tell them they’re not leaving until they’re clean. If their expecting you to drive them, lose your keys until after they get out of the shower.

3 Likes

Ine when he was around 12-13 yrs old wouldn’t take a shower. What a struggle it was. Then I couldn’t get him out of the shower. I told him, whatever he is doing shouldn’t take that long !! :blush: Many will understand that one :blush: I am guessing it’s a boy thing!! He’s now 49 :blush: So this is a normal thing…

2 Likes

I’am making over $132 an hour working online with 2 kids at home. I never thought I’d be able to do it but my best friend earns over $ 19341 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The potential with this is endless

Chk This—>> https://SuperIncome1290.pages.dev/

1 Like

Chuck freezing cold water over them easy

1 Like

Everything taken away until they shower properly. My sons went through this stage. I made him shower until he no longer smelled, so if he had to shower back to back 5 time’s until he got it correct, then that’s what he did. I also threatened to bathe him myself and stood in his room with the bathroom door open so I could hear and tell him what steps to take while showering. I even told him that if he couldn’t shower correctly then I would bathe him myself to physically show him since he wouldn’t follow instructions (never had to do this thankfully) but he got my point and realized Momma wasn’t playing this game at all with him. I have two boys. My oldest is 25 now. The caboose just turned 13. Both of my boys thought it was a waste of their time when it came to showering. I was consistent and meant everything I said and they had consequences until they learned that I was not giving in one inch with this issue. With the youngest it took him a week or so before it registered with him. Now we have zero issues. I even wrote instructions on a piece of paper and put in a zip lock bag and tapped to the inside of his shower for a month. Along with instructions on his mirror in his bathroom. That seemed to help as well. My youngest is ADHD and is distracted very easily. Now that he is getting older, he is a lot better. having a list to go by has helped a lot with him as well.

1 Like

Threaten to shut the internet down

Pull their cellphones, games, internet, till after they shower. Tell them they can’t go anywhere till they shower. Tell them that girl they have their eye on won’t give them a second glance if they stink.

1 Like

Not a child but I had a full grown man as a roommate who stank really bad and didn’t shower enough. I basically just stopped being polite about it. Telling him to go to another room where I wasn’t if he was going to pollute the air with his rotten onion armpits. I think I finally embarrassed him enough that he finally started daily showering. I’m not saying embarrass your son but just make him aware of how awful it is to smell that bad haha.

2 Likes

Tell them to wash them self’s or you will…my mom got in trouble for my teen brother not cleaning himself back in the day

1 Like

I’ve told mine they have 2 choices…either go take a shower or I’m going to take you out and spray you down with the hose. They just better hope it’s not zero degrees outside lol

1 Like

Revoke all internet until regular hygiene is maintained. Take them outside with a damn hose. Take a hose to the electronics.

1 Like

Take everything out of their room except their mattress and take their door off the hinges until they make it a habit. Don’t forget their phones, TV, game systems, and don’t let them leave the house :wink: and when you leave rake all of the chords to the tvs etc with ya

1 Like

Teen boys smell bad!! I insisted my son shower or I wouldn’t do his laundry. My grandson was a different story. He moved in with me when he was 16 and he showered every night and usually took a quick shower every morning.

1 Like

My daughter used to be like that. I would just keep on her every night to go shower. Now she takes hour long showers or baths ugh atleast she is bathing I suppose.

Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later, God bless this wonderful opportunity, I never knew it was possible to be earning massively from Bitcoin Mr. Joshua Bunker :balloon::revolving_hearts::pray: is the best when it comes to Bitcoin because this opportunity I share with you can change your life forever and I’m proud to have him as my trading account manager. I now earn more than my paycheck on weekly basis :champagne::tada::christmas_tree::rose::gift_heart::moneybag::money_with_wings:

There is absolutely nothing in this world that will provide more comfort and happiness than a testimony of the truth.
Thank you so much Mr. Joshua Bunker for all you have done for me through your BSV citadel hedge fund Trading platform, despite this ongoing inflation , I still made awesome profits under his mentorship. Please don’t hesitate to contact him on how to earn from bitcoin and altcoins successfully
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

Good work deserves recommendation, knowing where to invest, what to invest in, who to trust and how to make profit can be very difficult as a beginner, but when you work with the right people, the road to financial freedom becomes a lot easier. I proudly recommend whosever is looking forward to join crypto should trade with Mr. Joshua Bunker and his profitable platform to yield the best result. You can contact him with the link tag below

In my experience, there is only one motivation, and that is desire. No reasons or principle contain it or stand against it. Never stop believing in yourself.
When others doubt, don’t you. I never knew I could make such a huge amount of money with my little investment in Bitcoin, I’m so proud of Sir Joshua Bunker trading strategies and techniques. I’ll continue to invest under his mentorship and platform because God has used him to bless my home and my lovely family.

Crypto Trading has changed my life. I always wondering why everyone trade with Mr. Joshua Bunker platform always giving out good testimonies but now I believe… Crypto trading is a profitable business only when you are trading with the right strategy platform. Your profit is always 100% secure I couldn’t believed my eyes when i saw my profit! I have no idea how to return the favour of the good work of Mr. Joshua Bunker . However, this is like a gift sent from God. Thank you so much Sir, I’m so grateful
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
I’m thankful to Mr. Joshua for bringing smile and happiness to my life and the life of my best friend through his crypto Investment platform , am so glad and so lucky to have him mentor my Bitcoin​:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

Don’t be among the multitude that gave up so easily because of rumor and bad experience. know ur worth and strive for the best. invest with Mr. Joshua Bunker and get your profit without hindrance or unnecessary fees, i just wanna let you know there is still competent mining expert. Bitcoin has been making people Rich and God bless Sir. Joshua for this amazing opportunity​:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

It helps you feel better to shower and smell good,…don’t take stuff away because they don’t shower…buy some good smelling body wash…make a gift basket with deodorant and soap a razor…hair gel…maybe that will help motivate

1 Like

I wonder why people turns their eyes off Bitcoins and crypto currency trading knowing fully well they’re the faith and future of the world. Bitcoin and crypto currency trading are one of the most profitable online business I have ever gotten myself into, I am happy i made the right decision to invest with, Mr. Joshua Bunker who help me Boost my financial status… My appreciation and gratitude to Sir. Bunker for making me who I’m today, I can say I’m leaving my dream life… I’m happy I invested under the right platform… May God continue to bless you Joshua.0 I’m so grateful​:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down: