How to get your toddler to stop wanting a pacifier?

How did you guys stop your toddler from using a pacifier? My son will be 2 Sunday and we wanna stop it . He only uses it for nap and bed time

2 Likes

Dip it apple cider vinegar…

i just took them :woman_shrugging:t4:. they’ll get over it. i nipped that first birthday with all my kids.

1 Like

My kid was four when I finally got it away from her. I told her the “bink fairy” came and took them all for the babies that needed them.

Throw it away. He’ll cry for awile but will get over it. Who’s in charge?

2 Likes

Leave em alone. It won’t hurt and they will give it up in their own

2 Likes

They r only meant for infants

With my twins they was almost 2 and I was going to the hospital to have my son and they was staying with my inlaws I packed their bags before I went in but forgot their pacis so I called my mil and let her know they wouldn’t go to bed without them, she said it’s ok it’s late and if they really want them she would send my fil to get them one. They never asked for one again. And with my son he was 2 1/2 and he only took them at naps and bedtime. One day his paci fell down off our porch and I called my husband he was like ok just try to put him to bed without it and he’ll get him one on his way home. My boy did fine without it and daddy forgot to buy one luckily and we never had to buy another one

Throw it out to the dog let him chew on it. Then let child see it’s ruined

The fairy comes and takes them to new babies when you’re two. They go in a special jar. Then the fairy gives you a toy to say thank you (just a small one!) Mine never used pacifiers but I know about the Binky Fairy.

Trade it in at the dentist for a new toothbrush

We went cold turkey. She lost it and we just never got another one. It was a lot of self soothing and gentle parenting.