How to have a girl?

Fan Question
~Kate :two_hearts:

Wanted some advice from mamas who have used or believe in methods to conceive a girl. I just got my Nexplanon implant removed and we are ready to conceive our second child. I want another girl preferably so my daughter and her could grow up together and dress alike. Any advice from mamas on how to conceive a girl? Also, anyone ever have any issues conceiving after getting their implant removed?
Thank you! :blush:

59 Likes

As far as Iā€™ve ever heard sex is determined by genetics. I donā€™t know of any methods to steer the results in a direction of choice aside from going to a fertility clinic and having it implanted.

4 Likes

Yeeaah, I donā€™t think thereā€™s a way to do that.

2 Likes

You canā€™t do anything to decide the gender of your child . . . .:rofl:

9 Likes

There is nothing you can do to guarantee or even to try for a specific sex. Unless youā€™re willing to adopt to guarantee a girl, itā€™s a roll of the dice and you get what you get.

2 Likes

Pray to whatever god you believe in lmfao

7 Likes

Gender comes from the sperm so you canā€™t control that.

8 Likes

We tried the Shettles method and we got our boy. May be coincidence considering itā€™s a 50/50 shot but you can always try it

Look into some old wives tales! I personally donā€™t believe that they make a difference, but hey! You never know! Sometimes it works!

Did you go to school? šŸ¤¦šŸ¤¦

28 Likes

Why donā€™t you allow God to make the decision since Heā€™s the One creating that life?:point_up:
Whether boy or girl you can thank Him for a healthy child :pray::heartpulse:

16 Likes

Iā€™ve heard of the Chinese calendar method. Never used it but I can say that it was accurate for my two kids

2 Likes

You can have a girl and a boy and dress them alikeā€¦ Sometimes lol

10 Likes

Talk to your mans sperm. Tell them to get er done.

14 Likes

Wow there are some incredibly rude people on this page! Iā€™m pretty sure she knows sperm is the only factor to decides the sex but sheā€™s asking if there are things that can help ! Like old wives tells say boys donā€™t last as long so have sex on first day of ovulation ! There is no reason to be so hateful towards someone asking a question !!

18 Likes

Well you have 50/50 so yeah good luck.

I have a theory that pretty much seams to be right. Iā€™ll cut to itā€¦men with small penises have a higher chance of the female conceiving a girl. Although from what I know, if the woman is petite and the man has a short one, they have a higher chance of having a boy. Iā€™ll explain in a moment.

Men with longer penises tend to get the female pregnant with a boy as long as heā€™s all the way in when ejaculating (that word is so awful lol). If he farther out, then the chances increase of it being a girl.

Okā€¦so science shows that the male sperm is not as good of a swimmer or as strong of a swimmer as the female sperm, so the number of male sperm tends to die off quicker before they can reach the egg. Hence, if the guy is farther inside when he cums, then the male sperm donā€™t technically have quite as far to swim so it increases the chances of a boy.

8 Likes

Itā€™s up to the manā€™s sperm to determine the gender of a child :tipping_hand_woman:t3:

4 Likes

Gender is determined by the sperm, so 50/50 no matter what you do. X and Y chromosome can be separated under a microscope and implanted that way for a better gender selection chance, but for a hefty price.

So while I planned to have a boy for my last, and did successfully. We both changed our diets according to some research, had sex the DAY I was at my peak fertility because male sperm doesnā€™t live as long, vitamins. I know girl it said to have sex in the beginning of your fertility window. Do lots of research. The lady at wic I was talking to about it one day said that she did the same thing in order increase the chances of a girl and she got her girl. I wish you the best of luck

2 Likes

Fertilityfriend.com has some good info

IVF for sex selection is an option?

1 Like

I did every thing known to man to conceive a boy ! diet,sex position,underwear my husband used, temp,ovulation time ! There are ways to increase your chances and please donā€™t dare say ā€œdid you go to schoolā€ because yes I did Iā€™m very educated and there is no reason to be hateful because she was asking what could increase her chances ! This is why Iā€™m going to delete this page! Itā€™s a bunch of bitchy mothers thinking they are better then every other mother instead of helping each other ! How sad!

13 Likes

Luck of the draw, hun. Whichever sperm gets into the egg first. Thereā€™s no way to up the odds of one gender over the other unless you have the money to do IVF and genetically modified sperm.

1 Like

Christ!! Be happy you can have kids and the child is healthy!! Some people canā€™t have kids and would be over joyed with any sex!!! :rage::rage: big thumbs down for you :-1:

14 Likes

If thatā€™s your reason to have a girl then you should probably just stay on birth control

14 Likes

Yell at your mans penis before sex that you want a girl maybe one of the sperm might listen lmao good luck mama

9 Likes

Stand on your head after sex for 3 minutes. Then spin in reverse circles and cluck like a chicken approximately 6 times. Floss (dance) for 30 seconds and slap the mans ass. :ok_hand:t2:

14 Likes

It took me 6 months of trying after getting my nexaplanon out!

1 Like

I donā€™t know of anything that can help per se, but you might be able to know your odds a little better! Does your hubby have more brothers or sisters? Does he have more uncles or aunts on his dadā€™s side? Since sperm control the gender, you might be able to see if the men in his family produce more boys or girls :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Will ask my daughter sheā€™s had 4x girls no luck for a boy sheā€™s given up :joy:

I have two boysā€¦ Soo no help from meā€¦lol

1 Like

It is known that the male sperm are fast swimmers so will get to the egg first but die quickly (approx within 3 days), and the females are slower but live longer (approx up to 5 days). So if you want to increase the likelihood you could have sex 4 days prior to ovulation, but even then itā€™s not a guarantee. And donā€™t listen to these judgey bitches who say you shouldnā€™t have kids just because you are hoping for a particular gender. Whatever you try to do, good luck girl.

7 Likes

There is no ā€œmethodā€ to DNA the fathers DNA is the DNA that decides the sex of a babyā€¦education is key :wink:

2 Likes

My mom and aunt said that having sex in a bathroom will give you a boyā€¦ so donā€™t do that I guessā€‹:woman_facepalming:t3::joy:

5 Likes

you should be grateful for the gift God gave you

6 Likes

No advice on trying to manipulate the sex, but I got my Nexplanon out this past summer. Never. Had. A period. Apparently I ovulated within the first month and BAM here I am 22 weeks pregnant with baby number 3 hahahaha!

Itā€™s a myth I heard, you have to have an orgasm first. Lol good luck

1 Like

http://chooseagender.com/methods-of-gender-selection.aspx

Chinese gender chart. I swear by it! It has been right with both my kids and my hubby other 5 kids, My sisterā€™s kids and friends too! We will see if itā€™s right again in a few weeks. But yeah Its scientifacally up to your hubby. Good luck

Iā€™ve heard pot smokers have a higher of conceiving girls lol

1 Like

Depends on the father, so if u donā€™t get a girl u can always blame him lol

3 Likes

No advice on the girl part, I have a boy lol but I got my nexplanon out and conceived my son within 7 days. The dr was amazed lol

1 Like

Waitā€¦is this a serious question?:eyes:

8 Likes

For a second I thought this was satirical. Lol wow.

Okay weird science time: boy sperm is faster but dies sooner. Girl sperm is slower but lives longer. The standing theory then that the ejaculation closest to the cervix would result more often in males; so for a a female you might want to try him nearly pulling out and ejaculating. Then do that funky number where you basically stand on your head for a while.

All sorts of things also contribute to the lifespan of a sperm cell, including the acidity of your lady parts. Make sure if youā€™re using lube that itā€™s water based.

My 1st is a boy was Missionary & last 2 were girls I was on top.:woman_shrugging:t3::woman_facepalming:t3::rofl:

1 Like

if your on hormones boys come from that. I have read that girls are usually arenā€™t planned. I was on hormones with my first pregnancy and it was a boy. Almost a 9 pounder Then I got prego when he was 8 months, total surprise because I had a 0-5% chance to have another. So we just rolled with it and boom prego again and it was a girl, no hormones no nothing. There is no way to determine what kind of baby u have unless you do as previously stated IVF. A baby in itself is a blessing so it really shouldnā€™t matter. Some woman canā€™t even have kids.

Have sex the 1st day of ovulation.

1 Like

You cant do anything to make that chance any higherā€¦really?

2 Likes

I had 3 boys then a girl so this advice could have been useful like 6 yrs ago :joy::joy:

Ummmm. Is this a for real question?

6 Likes

I think my answer might be a little inappropriateā€¦
The sperm is what really determines the gender of the baby.

3 Likes

Just keep trying until you have a girl. Sell the boys that accidentally show up on Etsy.

18 Likes

Have daddy take folic acid. The same stuff youā€™re supposed to take. And cut back on his protein intake. Yes I have science to support since itā€™s dads spern that dictates male or female baby it makes sense itā€™s his change of diet that can effect the outcome. Protein supports male sperm production so take that out to reduce. Then citrus fruits (high in folic acid) or folic supplements encourages female production.

1 Like

Lol unless you do gender selection IVF thereā€™s no way to decide what youā€™re having :joy::joy: please tell me this is satire?

7 Likes

We just had sex and his swimmers did the restā€¦2 girls

3 Likes

Use the Mayan calendar for pregnancy. It Depends your age and the month you ovulate

1 Like

Apparently if you have sex the day of your ovulation youā€™ll have a boy because male sperm swim faster, but if you have sex in the few days leading up to ovulation youā€™ll have a girl because female sperm lives inside you longer. No idea if any of this is fact based or not lol but itā€™s what Iā€™ve been told!

1 Like

ā€¦No can do. You get what you get. Lol

2 Likes

Encare ovules yes birth control. It is fairly weak and is only effective for about fifteen minutes. Male sperm begin to swim faster than female sperm and so more male sperm are killed off raising your chances of having a girl. Got that right from my nursing instructors mouth.

I heard that if you hop on one foot while touching your nose and reading a book backwards in the dark it increases your chances of a girl old wives tale

5 Likes

I have 4 girls and the only thing I consistently did was try to prevent pregnancy.

9 Likes

Not to be rude but I think you should just try to have a healthy baby, whatever the gender.

9 Likes

You have probably Jinxed yourself to have a boy now :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

You sound pretty young to just want another girl so they can dress alike yep good reason to have another kid but unfortunately due to scientific reasons you canā€™t just want what you want and expect it to happen unless you just have thousands of dollars running around I can assure you that no particular method is going to work the man controls that and even then he canā€™t control what sperm will win

3 Likes

:woman_facepalming: You get what you get and you donā€™t throw a fit.

6 Likes

Not possible so donā€™t listen to any wives tales only the man upstairs knows what heā€™s giving you. You should want a healthy baby period

2 Likes

I have 4 boys and 2 girls. Wanted another girl but had a baby boy and hes perfect. I tried the old wives tales but itā€™s still 50/50, nothing is accurate. Good luck.

No issues, but I did get pregnant with twins after I had mine removed.

We used shettles and another I cant remember to try for a girl. 5th boy due in july.

1 Like

thereā€™s a Chinese conception chart says when your baby was conceived and when itā€™ll be born depending on that will be a boy or girl well it was correct for both my boys

Unliking this page now, the questions are getting more stupid everyday

5 Likes

I use to think the same way until I had my son. I always wanted a girl and I went through gender disappointment. It made me realize the gender wasnā€™t important, and just grateful for a healthy baby. Having a girl depends on your manā€™s sperm. Donā€™t focus on gender, just enjoy the process so you donā€™t get disappointed. I wish you a healthy baby.

1 Like

I wanted a girl and did some of the things that people will tell you dont work, and got a girl soā€¦ If you look it up, sweets and leafy green veggies make an environment best for girl sperm. And girl sperm last longer than boy sperm. So have sex a day or two before ovulation and then not right before, thats another thing I read. Of course this is not fool proof, and you will get what you get in the end, but it worked for me. Good luck

Have sex with my husband. He only makes girls :joy: jk jk.

Male sperm swim faster but live for a shorter amount of time. Female sperm swim slower but live longer. So if you have sex on ovulation day your chances of having a boy are increased. Having sex a day or two before increases for a girl. But neither are fool proof. Whichever get to the egg first. Just have to cross your fingers and hope.

1 Like

You donā€™t get to choose if you have a boy or girl , its just life

Okay, if you people havent figured out that you cant do anything about what the gender of your child is, you still have some growing up to do.

Grow up.

1 Like