How to heal chigger bites?

My 2 year old has chigger bites in his private area… what’s the best thing to help heal them up? I’ve been using calamine lotion but I don’t feel like it’s doing any good.

16 Likes

A&D ointment is a miracle for bug bites and such for my family

Chiggerex works wonders on my kids

Baking soda in bath water

baking soda baths or oatmeal bath

3 Likes

Clorox and in the tub it works

3 Likes

Baking soda soak. And chamomile. Will get rid of the itch.

We used to use lanacain salve. Do not confuse with the Bengay tube!

Rubbing alcohol is the absolute only thing that gives me relief. You can either pour it directly over bites and allow to air dry or soak a cloth and compress them allow to air dry.

3 Likes

Cortisone 10 and benadryl

6 Likes

Chiggers live in/on the skin for up to 2 days. Wet some tea bags and cool them in the fridge. Apply to itchy areas for temporary relief. But definitely soak in some baking soda. And not chamomile lotion. actual chamomile tea bags.

There’s some stuff at Walmart called Chigger X…. It’s really good!

1 Like

Don’t do anything until you speak to a lawyer. If you leave that could be considered as abandonment and you lose the house.

Salt and bacon grease made into a paste.

4 Likes

I put clear nail polish on to suffocate them.

I would NOT recommend clear nail polish on a toddlers groin area.

We dealt with chigger bites when we visited AR recently, and we had the kids bathe and did hydrocortisone for the worst itchies.

5 Likes

People say to use nail polish because they think that the chigger is still on the bite, and that the nail polish smothers the chigger. As long as the site has been washed with warm soap and water it is not there. What actually happens is when the chigger bites it injects its venom poison, whatever into the skin and then the skin has an allergic reaction creating the itch. Benadryl itch stopping Gel works amazing.

What are chigger bites please.

1 Like

Well hell
My mom put bleach on my bites
Kills them instantly
If your willing to try
Just dab a little on there
Of course that was back in the day
Poor little guy

1 Like

For the love of god please do not put clear nail polish on him

2 Likes

Mix calamine lotion with some permithrin cream

Chigger bites can be self treated, and do not usually require medical treatment. Medications like calamine lotion reduce itching and swelling.
Medication
Anti-itch medications: To relieve itching.

Calamine lotion . Hydrocortisone cream

Oral antihistamines: For relief from the sypmtoms.

Diphenhydramine

1 Like

the pharmacy sells stuff specifically for Chigger bites

Bordeaux butt paste works.

You have to kill the chiggers or they keep biting moving up your body

Calamine doesn’t help chiggers. You need the medicine meant for them.

You might want to consult your pediatrician. Because my daughter had a rash going on down there that looked like chiggers but ended up being a yeast infection. And please don’t put nail polish on private areas.(think about what you have to use to remove nail polish with and the fact that it would burn that area) but this stuff works like a charm if it is chiggers… Last year I had the same problem going on after a hike. And this stuff literally saved my butt :ok_hand:

Calmoseptine cream OTC at your pharmacy
They usually keep it behind the counter so you need to ask for it