How to increase milk supply?

I have been trying to produce more milk since I’m pumping only. I have tried pumping more, drinking lots of water, body armor drinks, oatmeal, and skin to skin contact. What else helps/helped you guys? My baby is 3 weeks old

6 Likes

Pump all the time. As much as you can.

1 Like

Fenugreek supplements

3 Likes

They have a mother’s milk tea also that helps.

2 Likes

Put the boob in baby mouth. Baby sucking will have you produce more milk. Switch sides everytime.

2 Likes

Tea for more milk production. Did miracles for me

1 Like

Breast feeding produces the most milk. Even if you only do it at night or in the morning

3 Likes

My dil eats oatmeal and drinks a certain type of drink

1 Like

Heating pad or hot compress before pumping. And make sure your pump fits right! If the flange is to big you might not be getting a proper pump

3 Likes

When u get 2 the 6 week of breast feeding, it come easy, keep going, their no schedule if the baby hungry let the baby feed

1 Like

My advice would be breastfeeding when you can and pump as often as possible. Maybe have a guiness

1 Like

Fenugreek and Mother’s Milk tea

2 Likes

Milky Mama, LLC try her products. She has been helping people around the world produce more milk with her natural products. They work!

2 Likes

I’ve started making lactation bikkies using key ingredients flax seed brewers yeast oats I also make smoothies using bananas

2 Likes

Breastfeed hourly her mouth attached to your breasts

2 Likes

Even if she sucking and nothing is coming out eventually it will make more

2 Likes

Hold the baby while you pump if possible

3 Likes

I had to put myself mentally in the same place i was when i was feeding her. Sometimes even just looked at pictures of my baby. It really did help my milk flow while I pumped

2 Likes

I don’t know in English - alkoholfreies Weizenbier

Is there a reason that your pumping. Baby to breast is best. Every 2 hours both sides 10 - 15 minutes each side. When you pump you only get half…if that… Baby is much more efficient. Nursed all 6 of mine. Hang in there… I also took yeast tablets.

1 Like

Coconut milk and coconut water!!!

2 Likes

Actual nursing will produce the most milk, some people just dont respond well to pumping. I pumped for 6 weeks for my first bc she wouldnt latch. And that was pumping every 2 hours 24/7

1 Like

If your pumping because of a “issue” :thinking: remember to let baby latch on to signal milk production… :slightly_smiling_face: when u can, and even if it makes u a human pacifiers :relaxed: for 10 minutes.
Try 100% Orange juice/real oranges :tangerine::tangerine::tangerine:

2 Likes

Feed on demand id possible… Pump, pump, pump.

1 Like

My daughter was born on Monday. I had preacclampsia so they pumped me full of meds, and it made my milk dry up. She ended up having juandice due to lack of food. She is now formula fed and I pump, but I also am not getting much milk from it

This sounds weird but it helps a lot of moms. Either put a sock over the bottle while you pump or just don’t look at the bottle. If your stressing over the amount of milk you won’t relax. And that can hinder your supply.

2 Likes

Milky Mama has some great products. I also made my own lactation cookies with brewers yeast.

Mother’s milk tea. Tastes like black licorice which in my opinion is disgusting, BUT it totally works. You can also try lactation cookies, I saw some at target once.

1 Like

Ive been using mother’s milk tea. Downfalls are you have to drink 3-5 cups daily and it’s expensive, but if you dont care for names, you can get the offbrand. Works just as well… Also a supplement called “liquid gold”
Garlic, Grains, Water, Fenugreek Seed, Blessed Thistle, Anise Seed, Red Raspberry Leaf, Fennel, and Turmeric!

1 Like

I had latching difficulty, the medela nipple shield made it so my baby latched every time

1 Like