How to keep a toddler hydrated?

We go to CP once a week with our 3 year old. Get one of those refillable cups. You get a free refill every 15 mins at a coke freestyle station and they have water in the machines too. My little loves that she has a cool cup and ive never worried about her getting enough to drink.

Pedialyte! If she doesn’t want to drink it then I’d bring a small carry bag cooler to store them!

Let them pick a kewl cup, or let them pick one to buy there. Then just water. Room temp is best for hydration.

Gatorade and Pedialyte have a lot of sugar in them so it’ll dehydrate her more. I would get sugar free Gatorade or sugar free flavored water. They also have juice pouches that are flavored water.

1 Like

We just do our water bottles. Water is best. Other things come into play more when they are already dehydrated.

1 Like

Pedialyte it will help her with electrolytes to help stave off any dehydration she may encounter. They have child friendly flavors. Tell her it’s juice. Cut it with apple or pear juice if she totally hates it. (Most kids don’t) have fun!!

4 Likes

We were just there over the weekend and you can get free ice water at any of the food or drink stations. Also bring a stroller/ wagon!! Its a huge park. We spent 2 days there and I don’t think we even saw the whole place lol also they are having their 150th celebration so they have a parade at 8:45 that is really cool and little shows with snoopy and the gang over in camp snoopy! Have fun!

Pedialyte was always what my daughters pediatrician recommended especially for when she would be sick… but on days where you want to make sure they stay hydrated I always made sure she had some too. Also Gatorade zero, and water. I’d just be sure they had a little of all that throughout the day.

I just wanna say, have fun! We live 20 mins from Cedar Point. There’s a first aid station (I believe it’s in Kiddy Kingdom) you can stop in and chill for a bit if you need a break.

Water is best. You can add a little flavor. Gatorade is good too but water is most important.

We live in Fl and use flavored water like propel, watermelon chunks, popsicles. Also taking frequent breaks out of the sun as well. Also let her pick out a new cup just for the trip make it feel a little extra special letting her pick out things for herself for the trip will help out a ton it’ll make her feel like she has an opinion and a choice on what she can bring with her on her big adventure.

3 Likes

I have two toddlers also, 3&4! We drink water all day- they do best with the packets mixed in, or if I do juice I do 1/2 and 1/2 water. Helps keep them hydrated. Also pack fruit it helps too! :slightly_smiling_face:

We use a cool waterbottle kiddos pick out, and pack a few extra water bottles in a backpack for refills and also bring a Capri sun, I like the roaring waters ones for my babes but it’s a nice little treat for them. Or else we use a little bit of mio in their water for them.

We just reinforce with our kids that the rules of the trail are that they stop and take a drink when we do, and we do so more frequently with the children. And we always always alwaysss have wayyyy too much water. I’m talking, dad carrying a camelback backpack with 2 Nalgene 32oz bottles, the older boys taking turns carrying their own camelback, and extra bottles in the grownup back pack. It’s heavy, and we always have alot of leftover water at the end, but it’s way better to have extra water and not need it than to run out, especially with kiddos

We pick up sports top gatorades, and water bottles. My 3 year old enjoys the “big kid” feeling as his older siblings get the same options.

Toddlers shouldn’t be drinking Gatorade or any sports drink. You also don’t need Pedialyte if she isn’t sick. Plain water is best when out in the heat, but for kids that don’t like water, watered down juice works too. I would do mostly water with about 1/4 juice in a cup to give it just enough flavor so my son will drink it. He also likes the powders you can get to mix in water.

2 Likes

Our toddler only drinks pedialyte, body armor, and Gatorade. They can’t miss what they never have like sweet drinks and juice.

Pretzels because the salt will make her thirsty and in turn drink water. Dr told my parents to do this when I did cheer as a kid. I’d dehydrate easy so they needed to make me drink water

Lots of snacks, and a couple sippy cups in a cooler. Make smoothies with coconut water in them

we got our kids a water backpack and they drink way more water with that because its fun

You need more than water make sure it has electrolytes in it plain water will do nothing speaking from experience.

Water and Mio is what we use for our toddler…Its zero sugar I believe and you can use as much as you want.

Get Gatorade or Powerade zeros it is cheaper and kids love them. I still keep them all the time for my teenagers and they have not had any issues with dehydration on tubing trips or beach vacations

We do water with MIO in it. MIO has no sugar and is very healthy. It just adds flavor to the water to make them want to drink. We call it juice to make them drink it :joy:

An electrolyte drink, and plenty of water.

Watermelon or melon cubes, strawberry, grapes cut in half long ways or even cut into four so she doesn’t choke on them.

What not to take to a theme park: toddler

Can a three year old even enjoy cedar point? Genuinely curious

1 Like

I just bring a stainless steel water bottle, every drink stand offers free ice water so we just do that and refill when needed

Cedar point has the the best refreshing shaved ice!!

My 3 year old drink Gatorade zero I have to bribe a sip here and there lol

Take whatever sippy cup she likes. You get free water anywhere so you could keep it filled. You could always take those Koolaid flavors to squirt in it. :blush:

Fresh Fruit, freezies, water, juice, Cucumber slices, etc…

1 Like

Just water. Sports drinks are full of sugar.

Water bottle with water.

Water. And i use those little crystal lite flavor packets so they think they’re getting juice

Water is best for hydration

Water. Gatorade isnt good for you.

Gatorade and powerade is good for hydration

Water, drink mixes, Gatorade, caprisuns

I always at breakfast made the kids down one of the mini water bottles right before going out the door on days like this, THEN we leave, water bottles with a couple of the sugar free quiet juice mixes are always a treat while we are out

Kids drink give her what you give her at home even fruit has water

Water and watermelon!!

Any flavor she likes in the powder packs that go in water

Pedialight !!! :ok_hand:t2::raised_hands:t2: I use it for me and my kids it’s a life saver really it works

Get a new cup she hasn’t used before!

My gosh just water take box of flavors too put in it

Water…in a sippy cup or water bottle. Gatorade too.

Just keep it simple and give her water. Experiment with different types of sippy cups or water bottles and see which one she likes best.

My 1 year old loves water out of his nuby straw sippy cup (pic provided). I bought this from Walmart and he loves it. This bottle is strictly water only and he gets juice boxes but the smaller sized ones (4 oz) from Apple & Eve. Also from Walmart.

Good luck! Don’t over think it. Just remember that if it’s really hot, you don’t want to give her pedialyte or Gatorade all the time. It will make her more dehydrated. Water is the best choice. If you can give it to her cold, that would be the best way to stay hydrated and she may even like water more.

Have fun! :sparkling_heart:

Freeze CapriSuns and they’ll be a good drink for her with a light snack. Grapes, watermelon, and just plain water are best. Take sunscreen and plan to rest when she gets cranky. Bring coloring books, crayons, and a toy in case the park is too much.

I get unflavored pedialyte and mix in it with their kool-aid

Body armor lyte version. Hardly any sugar and better then Gatorade, juice. Don’t use pedialyte if they aren’t sick. It’s not a healthy go to!

Also you can get an all day drink pass for $15 or $30 for the whole season. :blush: Both options let you get a small drink every 15 minutes.

Same as what you do at home

water, watermelon, papaya

This can’t be a real question…

1 Like

Juice boxes and pedialite

Lots of water and sunblock…

Let her pick out an insulated water cup . Pack hydrating fruit like grapes & melon . Package of wipes ( Un scented ) to wipe her face etc to help keep her cool . Cutesy sun hat

Water. I just bring a water bottle. Am occasional sports drink but really water is the best. Try to stay out of the sun as much as you can. Make sure to take breaks. You can rent canopy strollers if you don’t have one.

There are plenty of places there for food and drinks…but her own water bottle that she gets to pick out for the trip may help too. I too have a 3 year old and we only drink water here. We always “race” to drink water. We say “ready set go” and we all drink our water until she stops. Then we say ok, lets do it two more times (since she is 3). Or make a game of it…any time you see “a red shirt” or “an animal on a sign” (whatever you want to do lol)

1 Like

My daughter gets overheated easily which is tuff since she loves the warm/ hot weather.
So when we go away somewhere
I bring water, coconut water, pedialyte, a few hats, cool wipes & portable fan. I also always keep her hair up and cool comfy clothes on.

I just twirls keep her water cup full. My daughter has no issues drinking water when she’s thirsty.

A hat and we use the things you get wet and put around your neck. We go to 6 flags every month and this has helped us with our 5yr old.

What’re juice ice chips Powerade

Gatorade powerade pedialyte insulated cup water lots of water and pedialyte to go