How to keep breastmilk at a daycare?

Y’all so my daughter is supposed to be starting daycare 8 hours a day how do I go about with breast milk for the daycare? Daycares only going to be for a few months but do the daycare is actually use the breast milk like they’re supposed to or do they waste it or I need advice I’ve never been to the daycare part with my kids … please and thank you for advice.

2 Likes

Where I work we provide labels for bottles. Parents are required to bring in the bottles made up daily. Of course we use the right bottle for the right child every time. There are state laws that regulate these things

Whatever you put in those labeled bottles is what’s fed to the baby. If it’s formula or breast milk. Just make sure it’s labeled so they can heat it up properly! You just take what bottled the baby doesn’t use home to use at home just like formula

Bring it in the labeled bottles and the daycare will give it to your baby

I was a teacher for many years. There are labeled bottles for every child if you bring breast milk in they will warm it up and add to your child’s bottle. Or you can bring in bottles already made but label it and it will go to your child. The milk will not get wasted.

Being it in a labeled bottle with childs name and that it is breastmilk. After it is warmed we can only use it up to an hour after that it can be sent home or thrown out but we can not give it the child after the hour. Most kids drink it quickly so that is not usually a probably.