How to lose weight after giving birth?

I just had a baby 4 months ago and while pregnant I gained 30 lbs…my husband made a comment to me about why I havent lost the weight yet and it really hurt my feelings…he wasnt rude about it or anything but he still hurt me and now i feel bad about myself…what are some ways I can finally lose this weight?

17 Likes

I can’t tell you how to lose the baby weight but I can tell you how to shed about 175 lbs of negativity real fast

24 Likes

I gained about 84lbs when I was pregnant. I still had most of it six months after the birth then most of it came off through breastfeeding and pushing the pushchair around. Explain to your husband that you’re not a celebrity with a personal trainer and that losing the weight quickly leads to excess skin.

Tell him one minute of pleasure 9 months of pain now you do the math and tell me how long will that take for me to lose weight! That will shut him up …
take it easy mama and don’t let him get to you . You got this …

11 Likes

Walking. My toddler loves the outdoors and going on walks so when I was pregnant with my youngest that’s a lot of what we did. I also use an app called FitOn which is a workout app that focuses on what you need and can be done at home!

1 Like

Calorie deficit is the only way to lose weight, working out isnt a need to lose weight. Yes it helps burn more, build muscle or lose fat but u dont have to do that to lose pounds. Its all in what u eat. :heart:

3 Likes

Just explain to him the “doctor” said “NO SEX” was the best way to lose the weight you had gained while being pregnant growing his baby inside of you !!!

Divorce papers will make you lose about 150 pounds very quickly.

6 Likes

By divorcing him. :person_shrugging: That’s sounds like the largest amount of weight you will drop, then you can say you lost more than 30lbs. You’re beautiful mama, screw him you deserve better

4 Likes

It’s only been 4 months and most of that has probs been spent figuring out how to be a mum! You’ve just finished growing a whole human!!! Maybe remind him of that :wink:
Be kind to yourself xx :heart::heart:

3 Likes

You just had a baby 4 months ago, cut yourself some slack. It took 9 months to make your baby and gain that weight.

1 Like

You tell him it took 9mo the to gain and grown that baby and it takes your body time to recuperate fully (not just the open uterus wound). Ask him when he’s going to lose his crappy attitude about post patron bodies.

5 Likes

Maybe an hour at the gym but don’t push yourself too hard.

Easy. Take him outside and lock him out for a bit.

12 Likes

Daily walks, not only are you getting exercise but your getting fresh air which also helps mentally. So things at home you can do are stairs, going up and down over and over a few times a day, you could Google some home exercises, and also watch what kind of foods you are eating. It doesn’t have to be too healthy and portion control helps too. But love yourself forstt

Give yourself some grace. You just had a baby. What worked for me is intermittent fasting. However, I only started it in June and my youngest is 2.5 now. I don’t know if it’s recommended if you are breastfeeding, or at least look into it. All the best mama

…. It took you nine months to gain that weight AND grow a child. It takes TWO YEARS before your body and organs return back to how they were. Whether he was rude about it or not - that’s a really shitty comment. He should feel ashamed about making a comment like that.

Put the baby in a carriage and walk as much as you can. As long as the baby is well covered he/she will love the fresh air and will sleep the whole time. Bedtime should be a breeze after all that fresh air as well. That’s how I lost all of my weight by walking with my baby.

Yoga!!! Great for your body but also gentle.

1. You just had the baby
  2. Any comment about weight to anyone but especially to a woman who just had a baby is rude.

id lose the whole husband if he ever commented on my weight, especially only being 4 konth post pardom… what an idiot

I notice Keto works for me (It is not a trendy diet for me either, my Dr recommend as I have seizures and he believes it may help me)

Baby weight or the weight of the husband?:grimacing: I’m kidding. Or am I?

8 Likes

The below website has good plans

You can also message me if you need/want more details or one on one help.

You could lose 200 lbs quick by dropping your loser husband

What does he do to help you and does he realise you just MADE a human?

Wow, that is messed up, I would get my feelings hurt too,…anyway start with cardio, depending on where you live, walk around the block. If you live in cold weather, get a gym membership. They have all kinds of equipment for cardio. I’m currently taking gym classes at my gym. They have different types of workout classes you might enjoy :blush:. When the baby turns 6 months old, you can put the baby in kids club. My daughter loves kids club.

1 Like

Tell your husband he can pay for a personal trainer, a diet plan and babysitter so you can lose the weight.

4 Likes