How to make wearing heels more comfortable?

Ok, ladies! How do you make heels comfortable longer? Especially the taller they are? What’s the secret?

3 Likes

Training. You can’t go from a life spent in trainers/sneakers to 3” heels in one go. It takes time

You don’t . You eventually get to the age where your comfort is more important than your appearance

2 Likes

Comfort is for the old & smart!

You have to break them in. Gradually go up in heels. Start with the smalls until your comfortable and then go bigger. Within a month or 2 your feet will adjust. Also walking on your toes help strengthen them so that’ll help too.

2 Likes

I don’t wear heels really but to make them fit better you can wear them with socks and blowdry them.
Also I’d imagine if you put the gel insoles that would help :woman_shrugging:
If they are covered toe you can get toe guards (like ballerina wear)

Pleaser shoes! I danced for years in 10 inch heels 12 hr days. The most comfortable shoes ever. They have different height shoes and super cute as well as casual

My secret is avoiding them :weary::sob::joy:

3 Likes

Buy the best quality. Put ball pads in them .
In highschool I put double sided tape on my foot then out my foot in the shoe . I did that with slides and open toe HH .

I just don’t wear them lol props to the ladies who do!

6 Likes

Chunky heels and wedges. Also making sure that I’m getting the correct width for my feet. All these things help me. But honestly, keep looking and trying different ones. Brands are made differently. Don’t buy one if you’re uncomfortable.

2 Likes

Something that helps is walking correctly. You should land your heel then your toe.
At least that’s what I was taught. Lol

Show inserts! Size ho half a size and out in shoe inserts may need to be cut to fit like Dr schools or somethin. And lotion or baby powder to not sweat.

Insoles, and compression socks for boots.

1 Like

Why anyone wears something uncomfortable is beyond me! :roll_eyes: You can wear shoes with a small heel that are just as nice and comfortable!

4 Likes

Comfort is for the weak :smirk:

3 Likes

Expensive heels are the best!!! I have 2 pairs of leather Italian heels I got years ago they were amazing I could wear them all over every wear if I wanted……then I got arthritis in my feet….the pain is unbearable I can’t wear them any more at all. Good heels make all the difference invest in a couple of neutral pairs I have black sling backs and nude closed toes sling backs

Learn to carry your weight on the balls of your feet. Walk around your house barefoot all day and never let your heels touch the floor.

I spent a decade in ballet and never have pain from heels. Strengthen your calves and ankle muscles and you will feel better.

Try on several pair. Different brands.

A good well fitting heel makes a huge difference. It should be so tight that your toes are scrunched up and it should definitely not be so loose that your heel slips. It should fit like a glove or tennis shoe.
More expensive brands usually have built in insoles, heel cushion or elastic and non slip soles.

1 Like