How to move on after a divorce?

Don’t be ashamed to down size and move into a smaller place/apartment. As long as you have somewhere to lay your head at night, that’s all that should matter.

2 Likes

Just don’t look back…stay positive for the kids and make the best of the situation…you got this momma!

1 Like

One minute at a time, best thing is to remain civil for kids but do not expect that to just happen it’s a lot of work! Worry about you in this mix as well! You need to process and handle your emotions as well or you will burn out quickly. A good friend/ support person just to listen is a big thing to help! Figure out a hobby that helps you relax going from being with my kids 24/7 to them not being there was the hardest part of it all! Find something that soothes you and helps you unwind and prepare for your week with the kids with no one else around doesn’t seem like it’s much but honestly it is! Always here if you need an ear!

I did it years ago with my then 3yo… Starting over with no family around (my family lives in another country) it was difficult but we did it! And it was rewarding to realize what I am capable. My faith got fortified and comforted me through those sad lonely days. My daughter and I bonded so much and we are still best friends, she tells me everything and knows I will always have her back.
Cry when you need to, hug those kids so much, talk to them constantly, look for support in your community. Research ( I was able to find all sort of resources like affordable therapy for myself and my kid, coaching on how to build a strong resume to get a good job fast, etc)
You got this!

1 Like

Don’t stay if you don’t feel safe. I wish I would had left my marriage sooner. Get everything through the court.

Y’all should get an apartment and the kids stay home with the parents rotating

My kids father and I split 50/50 Monday to Monday. We have been doing this for five years now and my kids wouldn’t have it any other way. We chose my school district and we all get along great. It took a while to get us there but in time everything smoothed out. I wish you the best of luck. :heart:

Give it to God , he can heal your broken heart and provide a way. I’m so sorry you are going through this .

Here’s what a wise friend told me…and it made all the difference…“God has a plan for you and your husband is not in the picture”… …my life got better…stay strong…there’s nothing you can’t do…