How to move past losing a child?

I’m need help to let go of my daughter who passed away. Hard because I don’t see my family often.

127 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How to move past losing a child?

Counseling for sure. I am so very sorry for your loss.

4 Likes

Oh hun it will be hard and you can truly never let go. Just try to tenner the good times and know your daughter is always looking down at you. Sorry for your loss xx

1 Like

Counseling.
And remembering there is no timeline for grieving. It’s a process. One day at a time.

7 Likes

Get with some family and do a balloon release memorial get councelor talk to some family I’m very sorry for your loss.

Be gentle with yourself… It comes in time and even then you have your days still… There is no time limit on grief especially a child… One day you may be able to look at a picture and smile the next day you may break down. It’s a new “normal”. I’m so sorry you have to experience what no mother should (((Hugs)))

4 Likes

I don’t know if you ever move past the loss of a child. You just figure out how to go on. It’s ok to feel grief and sadness.

5 Likes

Sorry for your loss. I recommend getting a grief counselor.

I don’t think you could ever let go… it’s something that I imagine it’s always gunna hurt bc anything you do or something you see it’s gunna remind you of her :pleading_face:I’ve never experienced that but I can only imagine, I’m so sorry

1 Like

You don’t have to ever let go, no matter what anyone says. There is no timeframe for grieving.

I would suggest seeking counseling. A therapist can help you manage your emotions and feelings.

In the mean time, don’t mourn her, celebrate her!

1 Like

Praying for you. So sorry for your loss. There is no timeline or limit for grief.

My son passed away in 2012. It’s hard momma. Try to find a friend that has lost a child. I had wonderful friends that had lost their babies. Don’t release a balloon it just causes damage to animals. Plant a flower or tree in memory of your child. If you need some one to talk to pm me. My heart :broken_heart: for any mom that knows this pain. Sending love and hugs :hugs:.

4 Likes

There are different fb groups for losing children, I’d join one so you don’t feel alone in what you’re going through.
There’s also in person grief share groups.
Counseling, journaling, celebrate her life. It’s ok to mourn.
Feel free to pm if you’d like. I have lost 2 sons. Sending hugs :broken_heart:

3 Likes

u dont move pass it at all

Speak with a counselor please! You are not alone! Grief is a process, take it one day at a time. I don’t know where you reside, but I’m sure there are a lot of resources where you can seek help. I’m so sorry.

I’m sorry :pensive:
My Dez would be 17 this month.
It will stay with you for life but you do not have to let it destroy your life.
If you want to reach out
I’ve been there xoxo

1 Like

My step SIL has a blog regarding child loss. Perhaps a support group with people who understand might help? :heart: For The Love of Coop

1 Like

Sending Prayers your way. :pray:t3::pray:t3:. As someone that lost my daughter when she was eight. You need to take one day at a time. Talk about her to friends and family.

You don’t move pass it, you just learn how to live with it!

2 Likes

I don’t think you ever do. Therapy and antidepressants make handling your grief more manageable. And time makes it less raw. But there will always be that hole in your life. The loss of future will always be there. You can continue to live your life. Grief and celebration can coexist. My son was stillborn January of 2021, my rainbow was born July 2022. I still mourn my one son while cherishing the moments with this baby.

I’ve lost a son and a daughter a day apart from each other 30 years ago. You never get over the loss but you can have a new normal. It’s hard and some days is harder than others. I’ve had well intentioned people say some of the most insensitive things in hopes they were helping. All people can do is let you talk about your child, listen not give input because they have no idea how you feel. Everyone’s grief is entirely their own. I have focused on living the very best I can, knowing my children are watching me from some where & I focus on making them proud & finding some happiness because I know that’s what they would desperately want me to do. Live for yourself and for them dear heart :heart:. Find support groups for bereaved parents as they understand. I am here if you need a person to talk to. Loads of love and understanding from me.:heart:

1 Like

Your daughter will always be with you. I am so sorry! Ask god to help you :pray:

My deepest sympathies. Grief support group could help. But , more than that God can help you find peace and comfort. Pray about it. I myself have been blessed with dreams of my father. It helps. But ,don’t get so down you can’t function. God bless. :pray::hugs:

Honestly, when you’re ready to move past it, you will. Grief has no time limit. Allow yourself to be sad.
:heart:

2 Likes

Well from speaking with many you dont ever get past you just learn how to deal with everything. Sending strong vibes your way thats hard.

You don’t ever let go. You learn to live with it, and have faith you will see her again.

2 Likes

You never really get past it but you. slowly move forward…one step at a time…my daughter loved butterflies and sunflowers…I made a beautiful butterfly garden in my yard and put a bench in it…i know she visits me there…hugs and prayers…

3 Likes

You don’t ever get over losing a child it stays with you. Trust me i know my daughter was stillborn June 28, 2020. It’s still hard sometimes.

I know it hurts a whole lot loosing a child but I’ve come across two people only not sure if anyone else has herd of them .but they are very known , and from all of them people out there I have only trusted them two on what they say. wen I love one passes on , hope this gives you some peace at Least because nothing else will it must be hard , :pray::slightly_frowning_face: they say that most likely everyone that passes is it’s ok , they are watching you :100: they see and hear what you do , they wouldn’t like for you to be sad because they are doing just fine over there :heart: it must be crazy to hear this for some people but that’s what I heard from them , I hope you get threw this and I’m sorry for your loss :pray::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

My friend passed away 8 years ago. Her mom still has a hard time. You will never let go. The pain will always be there just some days will be easier then others. I’ve lost 2 children 14 years ago it still hurts esp on their birthdays. Sorry for your loss. Sending hugs

You don’t. Life is just different from now on. You have to change with it. It’s the hardest thing ever. It’s very lonely…:blue_heart::heart::footprints: Grief share and counseling helps though. :hugs:

1 Like

Just know that family will always be a phone call/text away! They will always love you and be there for you! May be weird but I have a chine cabinet full of my sons stuff. His baby blanket his going home outfit that has his name on it. A picture. Everything the hospital gave Me for him!

I dont know your situation, but I can tell you mine and what I did.
When I was 7.5 months pregnant, I found out that my daughter had a chromosomal disorder called Trysome 13. I was told that she would not survive. A month later, she was born and lived for 38 minutes.
There is no pain like losing a child. I’m so sorry for your loss.
What helped me was using a resource where I live, which offered support from other parents who had lost children. I could call any time and speak with others and that really helped me to not feel so alone in my grief. It seems difficult, but talking about my daughter helped me feel like she existed and wasn’t being forgotten.
Other than that, my biggest help was time. At first, every minute was hard. Then I would have good moments mixed with bad… after a while, I would have good days and not so good days. On and on, time happened and my grief lessened.
Its been 21 years (and 4 kids later) and while it still hurts now and then, I smile way more than I used to.
Time.
It’s so difficult today. There is light coming.
Allow your grief to flow. Don’t minimize it and tell others when you’re not ok.
I always say that we don’t “get over it” but rather we get through it.
God and my faith helped me too. I don’t know if that’s an option for you but my strong belief that I will see her again gives me comfort.
Bless you and reach out of you need to.

3 Likes

i am making these days easily more than $500 per day for doing work online. i got my 3rd payment last month of $17458. i was surprised when one of my close friend told me she was making $17771 per month but now i see how it works.

Check This >>https://DollarProfits989.pages.dev/

You don’t need to let go. Why are you wanting too. I never want to let go of my son who passed. Just learn to live with it and hold her deep in your heart. You will be together again someday

5 Likes

I am so very sorry for your loss. I don’t think it’s something you can ever get past. It’s just some days are easier than others and time may may it a bit easier. Maybe try to join a therapy group online or in your area for support and better advice. I am sending tight hugs and love.

I lost my son Nick in a car accident 6 years ago. Faith has been my biggest support since his death. Family and friends just sort of avoid you after loss. It’s not unusual. If I didn’t have a strong faith I wouldn’t be here. Sorry for your loss :broken_heart:

1 Like

i lost my daughter in may of 2021, you just learn to live with the grief. it will be with you forever. it’s hard, believe me. my heart is with you

2 Likes

you wont ever fet over it but it will be less painful. go to www.griefcare.com to find a support group near u. this help when i losr 3 family members

Therapy and grief counseling.

Sorry you are enduring pain loss of child I lost 2 it is hard there is always the thought of what if first step for some peace of mind ‘ heart is accepting that it was beyond your control not your fault give it to God leave it with God everyone grieves differently I heard story once where a fathers son died his son came to him in a dream he saw his son in Heaven all children were playing except his son was off to side by himself he asks why aren’t you joining the other children son replied I can’t until you release me I am stuck over here alone he ask his dad please release me we are stronger than we know because we have to be you are in my thoughts and prayers Blessings

1 Like

As one who knows, you will never " let go"… if you are fortunate, you may find a way to honor your daughter. Personally, I take every opportunity that comes along to be helpful in any way I can to others… even if it’s just to offer a kind word. This somehow brings me a little solace. Connecting with others who share your loss can also bring some comfort.
So sorry you have become a member of this god-awful club that none of us wished to join.
Don’t expect a lot from yourself for a good long while.

1 Like

I haven’t lost a child so I do not know your pain. I am so very sorry for your loss. Dealing with the loss of a young nephew I don’t think there is letting go. There is learning to live with the loss. Figuring out how to keep going every day while it is painful. There is no moving on. There is moving with it there

2 Likes

I lost my Daughter. I never want to let her go. Just keep her in your heart, where she wants to be. So sorry but the pain is forever. You just get more used to it, with time.

5 Likes

You don’t. But if you feel stuck in your grief it may be time to seek out help from wherever you are comfortable.

1 Like

Therapy and Grief counseling does nothing ! It’s a ever lasting pain. After the fear of them gone and your never going to see, hear, feel them again. You stop looking for them in crowds, your heart isn’t whole, nor will it ever be. You have to be strong for your family and children that are still living. You have to be strong for the grandchild/ children without their deceased parent. You have to heal yourself. You have to go through the emotions yourself. No one understands unless they have been through your pain. It’s a broken heart that you can’t explain.

1 Like

Its gonna get easier with a lot of time. But it wont ever go away. My son passed away at 26 years old

that’s something you never really get past, you just kind of learn to accept it.

:pray:t4:

2 Likes

I lost my daughter in 2013 she was 4 days away from being 8months old. You do not move past it, you learn to carry it. Eventually there will be days when you carry it with strength you don’t realize you have. There will be days that you cry until your lungs feel like they will burst. There will be days that you feel so angry that you can literally feel your blood boil. It is a heartbreak that does not ease or heal. You just have to learn to live with it. It’s a pain that you feel every second for the rest of your life. I’m so sorry for your loss and that you have to experience this journey of grief. Sending you so much love and praying for peace!

8 Likes

I’d say You don’t ever, hopefully you move forward in life . Many Condolences. :broken_heart:

1 Like

I’ve had 2 stillborn and I’ve done therapy and in a few groups for child loss. You don’t ever get over you you just make it your normal by keeping them in your thoughts. I celebrate birthdays and include stocking and items for Christmas.

1 Like

You don’t let go…you hold onto your memories, your love and your loss. My daughter died 19 years ago the 15th of September and I hold her in my heart 24/7/365. #forever25

1 Like

you never let go. the pain will always be with you. I lost my son 10 years ago. with time it’s gotten easier to face. I still have bad days HUGS

You don’t move on…you accept it

I saw some testimonies weeks ago of how she help people through her trading platform I decided to give it a try of a little investment it turns out to be legit. I don’t really know how to thank ma’am Olgusya Gribova for her kindness for helping me and my family through her trading platform I will remain grateful to her you can invest with her .
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

You need to maybe join a bereavement group for parents who have lost children… or maybe get some kind of therapy… it will never be an easy thing to live with. Losing someone you love is a constant ache that lasts a lifetime. The best thing you can do is to try to hold on to all of the good memories. Make a scrapbook or photo album of pictures to look at… have little keepsakes. All of these things can help. People will tell you that holding these things so close is dwelling on the past and not letting go and moving forward… but don’t you listen to them. Everyone grieves in their own way, in their own time. My Dad has been gone 54 years and I still look at pictures of him and treasure his jewelry and the few things of his that I have. I don’t pull them out and look at them everyday, but I do regularly. He used to wear Old Spice aftershave. I bought an Old Spice deodorant stick so I could smell it once in awhile. People may think I’m weird, but I really don’t care what they think. I do what comforts me. You have to do what comforts you. If keeping a special picture of your daughter in the room with you all the time makes you feel better… there’s nothing wrong with that. If she had a favorite toy or stuffed animal, keeping that in your room is perfectly normal. The thing about people telling you you have to “let go” of someone doesn’t mean you push all thoughts of them from your life. I prefer to hold pleasant thoughts of my Dad in my life daily. I usually have a picture of him on my story on Facebook. Along with others. I like to think of the fun things we did and all of the times I heard his infectious laugh. All of the times I saw him smile. You can think of things like that too and let it comfort you… even let it make you happy. You got to know your daughter. And the really great thing? Jesus came here, not just to die for our sins, but to give us eternal life. That means we will see our loved ones again. We may be separated for awhile now, but we’ll be together again.

1 Like

l Get paid over $112 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $19642 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://DollarPort578.pages.dev/